Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O'Connor Hobbies, Toronto Ontario Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike, if it helps, I am so into this again that it consumes a noticeable part of my free hours. I am building a new slot case (much like Tom's), I pour over the race stats (yes, I am anal enough that I write down the pertinent info at the track then punch it into a spreadsheet at home so I can track my progress and plan for the next race!), and I even think about it at work (not good when you operate a 175,000 pound crane moving 70,000 pound containers!) I don't think I've ever had more fun with slot cars than I am having right now. So, no, you are not alone!


    Fergy

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fergy View Post
      Mike, if it helps, I am so into this again that it consumes a noticeable part of my free hours. I am building a new slot case (much like Tom's), I pour over the race stats (yes, I am anal enough that I write down the pertinent info at the track then punch it into a spreadsheet at home so I can track my progress and plan for the next race!), and I even think about it at work (not good when you operate a 175,000 pound crane moving 70,000 pound containers!) I don't think I've ever had more fun with slot cars than I am having right now. So, no, you are not alone!


      Fergy
      Sheeeesh Fergy, I feel better now. Would you like me to set you up with a good therapist when I find one?
      I think I'll be out this Friday...I was going to the cottage but maybe I'll wait till Saturday morning...OMG, look what you guys have done to me......staying home from the lake to race slot cars.

      Mike

      Comment


      • Would you like me to set you up with a good therapist when I find one?
        Several have tried - all have failed.

        Forget the cottage... do you have any idea how much snow is up there after the last 2 days? I have 2 foot high drifts in my driveway and my car is parked out by the road! See ya Friday!

        Be forewarned though, you may not recognize me - I'm planning my semi-annual beard trim for tomorrow. The loss of hair should equal less weight and allow me to follow my car around the track better.

        Fergy

        Comment


        • road trip

          We have recently learned of the Good Friday event at RaceHaven and are planning a road trip for the Brant's Hatch 1/24 Club / O'Connor graduates. 5 guests are confirmed already, Jim Toye, Victor and Peter Czerwony and the highly decorated Joe Guts ( a.k.a. Mike Power ) and Brant's Hatch President Chuck Ingram. I'm also trying to persuade 2nd generation racer Patrick Toye to attend ( any good ideas on how to get him to put down the XBOX controller and expose himself to sunlight are greatly appreciated )

          See you all Friday !

          Last edited by challenger; 04-08-2009, 08:30 PM.

          Comment


          • any good ideas on how to get him to put down the XBOX controller and expose himself to sunlight are greatly appreciated
            Jim, the only thing I've ever found that worked was a promise to visit McDonalds. Oh, look! There's a McD within walking distance from Race Haven!

            Wow, I thought we might be a bit sparse on Friday. Looks like we'll get a great turnout!

            Comment


            • Dining room table - workbench

              Well Tom and Fergie - Ron got me a car and I ran around the track 200 times!....was great!

              Got home and turned the dining room table into a workbench - a bit of weight here and there, new brushes and a bunch of other tips from Ron!...pretty bad (the dining room table I mean)...good thing I have an understanding wife...can't wait for Friday. Thanks Racehaven....I think this is gonna be really, really good.

              Mike Power #2

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fergy View Post
                Wow, I thought we might be a bit sparse on Friday. Looks like we'll get a great turnout!
                Ron (Race Haven)....time to lease the unit next door, knock a wall out and build another track.
                Where ya going to put everybody if this keeps up?

                Mike L

                Comment


                • There is always room for another track.

                  I am going to see a Max Track HO track that's for sale on Monday. Its 150' in length.

                  Plans for the 1/8 mile Dragstrip are already underway as well.

                  Once I have those 2 up and running we will start thinking about another 1/32 wood track. Possibly 6 lanes.

                  There is also talk of a 155' Kingleman 8-Lane Commercial track.

                  So many tracks, so little time.

                  Ron

                  Comment


                  • the reunion

                    Here we are, 35 + years later, racing slotcars at Race Haven in Brampton. Thank you SCI, without this forum these four friends wouldn't of reunited and enjoyed a great night of racing and friendship, sharing memories from so long ago.



                    ...........................Mike Power......Brian Ferguson.....Tom Cinnamon......Mike Long.............

                    Last edited by challenger; 04-10-2009, 10:09 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Jim, was it really necessary to bring those four guys in from the local old folk's home and pose them as if they were us?

                      Seriously, it's amazing that we are all enjoying the same thing that we were into 35 years ago, and are once again in the same place at the same time. I think it speaks volumes for the hobby that slot racing can stay ingrained in people for so many years.

                      Thanks for the pic, Jim!

                      Comment


                      • people in the picture

                        A conversation started Friday night regarding the names of the racers in the original photo :



                        Gord White, Matt Fenney, Chris ? , Drew Tarling (sitting down), Scott Wiley, Peter Sardella, Ray Nunes(R.I.P.), John DePompa, Ernie Mossetti, Ron Grey, Bruce Adamson, Grant ( I think the young lady was Bruce's girlfriend )
                        Last edited by challenger; 08-30-2009, 06:35 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fergy View Post
                          Jim, was it really necessary to bring those four guys in from the local old folk's home and pose them as if they were us?

                          Seriously, it's amazing that we are all enjoying the same thing that we were into 35 years ago, and are once again in the same place at the same time. I think it speaks volumes for the hobby that slot racing can stay ingrained in people for so many years.

                          Thanks for the pic, Jim!
                          And another thing Jim, it appears that your camera needs some adjustment.....it seems it's added quite a few pounds to the two Mikes. <g>

                          Thanks for the pic.

                          Mike L

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FlyingNow View Post
                            And another thing Jim, it appears that your camera needs some adjustment.....it seems it's added quite a few pounds to the two Mikes. <g>

                            Thanks for the pic.

                            Mike L
                            I've noticed that with my camera, it does the same thing to me too !



                            I have found that a black shirt, untucked seems to have a slimming effect, Fergy's figured it out also.

                            Comment


                            • I have found that a black shirt, untucked seems to have a slimming effect, Fergy's figured it out also.
                              Man! I thought I could slip that past without anyone noticing! You've ruined it now, Jim. Everyone's gonna have a black, untucked T at the next race!

                              Hope to see you guys soon.

                              Comment


                              • Congratulations Fergy !

                                I just read the news, Fergy wins 2009 GT-SRC Spring Porsche Series !
                                Not bad, a 35 year break from slotcar racing and returns with a Championship !

                                Well done !

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X