Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a model railroad and taking photos was as important as modeling the scenery.

With software like Helicon you can get an unlimited depth of field as the software will stitch together multiple shots taken at different focal lengths.

Now this picture is not slot car related but it clearly demonstrates how this software works where you have everything in focus from the foreground all the way to the background, This was done with an inexpensive Lumix digital camera that allowed manual aperture settings.

This picture was taken several years ago and was dumbed down for my website and the camera itself was only 5 mb. So with the new digitals of today I am sure the result would be that much better.

Comment

• I have a model railroad and taking photos was as important as modeling the scenery.

With software like Helicon you can get an unlimited depth of field as the software will stitch together multiple shots taken at different focal lengths.

Now this picture is not slot car related but it clearly demonstrates how this software works where you have everything in focus from the foreground all the way to the background, This was done with an inexpensive Lumix digital camera that allowed manual aperture settings.

This picture was taken several years ago and was dumbed down for my website and the camera itself was only 5 mb. So with the new digitals of today I am sure the result would be that much better.

There is no photo backdrop here either. The buildings you see in the background are models.

Comment

• A Lola...
        Last edited by fotodoug; 07-08-2017, 03:58 PM. Reason: Photobucket dead

Comment

• A Ford Prototype at the gate of India in Mumbai

Comment

• That's good - I like the lighting, and the contrast between the car and the building.

Comment

• Here are a few of my handy work with the camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by slotrax View Post
                Here are a few of my handy work with the camera.
                Slotrax, excellent pictures!

Obviously, you've found a way to do this - but what's your format and connectivity to this SCI Forum? Those changing images aren't jpgs or gifs or whatever.

This is a real problem for us to get solved with the revamped site.

Comment

• That's an animated GIF file.

Comment

• Mrflippant is correct, I made it in photoshop and its hosted on my website. All you have to do is post the link between the two image tags for example
                    [IMG] then post your link and finish up with [/IMG]

Thanks glad you liked the pictures

Mike Roe

Comment

• Nicely photographed...at the risk of sound illiterate...VERY NICELY!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X