Our friend Bruce "Da Vols"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our friend Bruce "Da Vols"

It's with great sadness that I post this. Our friend Bruce passed away early Monday morning after suffering a stroke on Saturday that he did not recover from. I spoke with Harriet earlier, as you could imagine she has a thousand things going on. She said the funeral will be on December 2, 11:30 at the Knoxville Veterans Cemetary.

Bruce will be missed. We spent many hours playing with cars in the few years I knew him. He had as much fun racing on my small wood track as his larger plastic track, the kids knew if my track was set up, Bruce would be coming over. He was really helpful when I needed any small parts or just wanted take the time to bounce ideas off of. We were planning on building Bruce a new wood tri-oval in the coming month, he couldn't pin down if he wanted a three lane 1/32 or go a little wider for a 2 lane 1/24.

God Bless,
    Eric

While I only knew him through his posts and the SCI community - he was always informative, entertaining, and well spoken.

He will certainly be missed; prayers to his family

Tim

Comment

He will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

Very, very sad news, I am shocked.
        My condolences to the family.

Regards

Alan

Comment

Very sorry to hear this news.
          Nigel

Comment

That is very sad news, my condolences to his family.

Comment

Sad news... never met him, but always valued his opinions when he posted here and HRW.

Comment

Shocking news. Bruce welcomed me into this board, and later into proxy racing. Never got to meet him, but gained from his ideas and observations.

He was a mensch.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Mc

Comment

Only new Bruce through his posting on the boards. Always seemed to be genuine and down to Earth. My condolences to his family and friends.

elpic

Comment

Stunned.....

Bruce was my of my earliest contacts in SCI - he was warm, welcoming and very generous with advice...

May Harriet have the strength needed to get through this....

Heaven just got a lot more Orange - Go Vols!

Tony.

Comment

gone , not forgottin` . . . . .

**** , would have liked to have met him .

jer

Comment

I am stunned. Bruce just emailed me on Thanksgiving day as he was responding to a few questions I had regarding next years Forums Cup. I have exchanged emails and phone conversations with Bruce over the past year as a Forums Cup newbie. Bruce always answered politely and was a great embassador to the slot car hobby. My deepest prayers go to Bruce's family. This is a great loss to our SCI community.

Alan

Comment

Our condolences to his wife and family.

A great guy, I'll miss him.

Comment

Stunned...

May God Bless Bruce, Family and Friends. His wealth of information, the depth of his experience, photos and explanations...He pointed out the things to me and took time to explain things to me including sending me photographs of the real cars, the actual sizes of tires, wheels and more information than anyone would expect for just asking a question. I am so sorry for his loss to us all here on earth. I look forward to some great times ahead when I too part form this earth and meet him in person. A wonderful person and always so Orange... You will be missed by many Bruce...
                            Lindsey J. Angell

Comment

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace until we all meet around the big track and get to do some hot lapping with no worries or cares. I learned a lot from his posts here.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X