Photobucket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket

Is anyone else having issues with photo bucket? It is hanging up and takes forever to load for me.

Charlie

~ raises hand & gets in line behind Charlie ~

John

Comment

Me Three

Is three a quorum ....? It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

I use photobucket constantly. Maybe not every day, but 5 or 6 times a week for the last decade.

Photobucket has been goofed up three or four different times over the last six months. I've had many response issues related to connection. Once you do get in, typically one is not able to navigate across the menu with any surety. Uploads are slow, and random pix in bulk uploads are rejected for no apparent reason, and later accepted when re-submitted without further incident.

It's gotten so bad, that I construct my posts off sight when they include multiple pictures or videos. Then I "copy" them into SCI when I get all the bugs worked out.

Comment

Today or every day?
        They have so many banner ads and trackers, it takes forever to load unless you have a really good connection.
        I think one time my Ghostery add-on listed 22 trackers it blocked.
        They also frown on using an ad blocker and have a pop up banner for that.

Comment

Oh, I see what you mean. Won't even let me log in.

I sometimes wonder if sites like this will just go down one day; out of money without warning.
          Therefore, I never keep my only copy of something important on Photobucket, and I only load at (I think) 600 x 800 resolution (it's an option) so I still have tons of free storage. Good enough for message boards and such.

Comment

I got so frustrated I now use Drop Shots, much faster.

Comment

Yeah, it has become a pain, and all that in-your-face advertising to circumvent.

But please, please, please, even if you start using an alternative, DO NOT go deleting all your images on Photobucket if you have linked to them from SCI ...

... that just leaves viewers here with blanks, or the dreaded red 'x' ...

Want to store and stick pictures on SCI? Use your free Album/Gallery here, automatically provided after 25 posts!

It even automatically resizes uploaded photos in case you're not sure how.

Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 10-28-2016, 06:11 PM. Reason: Fixin' Photobucket Emoticons

Comment

Funny dat!

Originally posted by JimDouglasJr View Post
                Today or every day?
                They have so many banner ads and trackers, it takes forever to load unless you have a really good connection.
                I think one time my Ghostery add-on listed 22 trackers it blocked.
                They also frown on using an ad blocker and have a pop up banner for that.
                Hahahaha! Thanks for reminding me JD. All their bullplop pops right up and responds with lightening speed ... from our house anyway. Of course you can pay extra to not have ads.
                Last edited by model murdering; 10-28-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks Phil,
                  I just opened an account there based on your comment.
                  Much faster than photobucket ever was.
                  When I fixed up the SHORS2017 site on zetaboards I linked the sites banner logo and some other stuff from photobucket. Turns out sometimes the logos and such just wouldn't load.
                  I figured out how to prevent that from happening anymore and was looking for an alternative storage site for my pics and vids. This will be much better.
                  And I wont get those photobucket pop ups with the worms and maggots and rotten fruit and other gross images.

Mike

Originally posted by Phil Kalbfell View Post
                  I got so frustrated I now use Drop Shots, much faster.

Comment

I received an email from Photobucket this morning, apologizing fo rhte disruptions over the last few days:

"Sorry for the interruption...
                    ...you can now get back to your regularly scheduled cat photos.

Our site, photobucket.com is back up and running! We apologize if you recently experienced problems with our site or accessing your account. The website interruptions were due to technical issues encountered during an upgrade intended to improve website performance.

The issues have since been resolved, and at no point was any personal information or data at risk.

We would like to thank you for your patience by offering you a FREE photo Mouse Pad and FREE SHIPPING on ALL Print Shop orders.*
                    Offer details below.

Thanks for being a loyal Photobucket user!"

I'm not going to avail myself of the "free offer", but it's good to know that they have been working. I uploaded a number of photos today and the performance is way better now.

Dennis

Comment

I think they are trying to influence us to buy an account without ads.

Comment

I think we're too used to getting something for nothing on the internet.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm reaching for my wallet just yet ...

Comment

Got the apology E-mail too....

Everything seems to be working correctly today ... woo hoo!

Comment

I also had problems. Not dumping Photobucket ! Yet.

Comment

Re: popups and trackers.

Kids! It's 2016! There are free pop up blockers and tracking blockers anyone can install and use.
                              You don't have to be a techie guru to find, use, download, or install them.
                              Once installed, they run in the background and you rarely have to fiddle with them.

I currently use AdBlock Plus (banner ad/pop up blocker)
                              and Ghostery (blocks trackers).
                              I also use free Avast virus protection.

I provided links - couldn't be any easier. Invest 10 minutes now and save countless wasted minutes/hours on slow, ad-filled crap later.

Thanks for the tip on Drop Shots. I'd never heard of it before. I also provided a link here in case anyone wants to take a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X