X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenman62
    started a topic Distant Thunder... Greenman's Corvette club racer

Distant Thunder... Greenman's Corvette club racer

Here is my latest. It's a Revell Snap kit I bought a number of years ago. I made a soldered brass chassis for the car with no flexible bits to conform to my local club's rules for "Classic Sports Cars" It has a Slotit no color motor and gears. The guide is Scaleracer, wheels are from Pendles with American Racing 5 spoke inserts. The paint is Alkyd lacquers from primer to color and came from MCW in Ohio. The driver is a combination of a Munter repopped Proto body and Immense Miniatures Jack Brabham head. Most of the other bits, decals, decor and etc., either came from the Corvette kit or my bits box. Clear coat is Duplicolor. It's a strong runner and hopefully will be a contender in the race group.

Greenman62
    Last edited by greenman62; 07-07-2017, 06:18 AM.

• greenman62
    replied
    Originally posted by ckouba View Post
    Nope. It's for reals-ies, and it is stunning. Greg brought it around last week and I got to see it in the flesh. If it runs anywhere near as well as it looks, we're all in for some trouble.

Chris
    For that to happen I'll have to hire a pro driver...

Greenman62

Leave a comment:

• ckouba
    replied
    Originally posted by Sports Racer View Post
    You sure you haven't photoshopped a real car and put it on a photo of your track?
    Nope. It's for reals-ies, and it is stunning. Greg brought it around last week and I got to see it in the flesh. If it runs anywhere near as well as it looks, we're all in for some trouble.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• greenman62
    replied
    Originally posted by jokar124 View Post
    Sir Jack with facial hair looks just like Jo Bonnier!
    Funny... ain't it? I noticed that too.

Greenman62

Leave a comment:

• jokar124
    replied
    Sir Jack with facial hair looks just like Jo Bonnier!

Leave a comment:

• Sports Racer
    replied
    You sure you haven't photoshopped a real car and put it on a photo of your track?

Seriously good skills painting that car.

Leave a comment:

• model murdering
    replied
    Excellent!

Love the stance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X