Lotus 23 Body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus 23 Body

I'm looking for a Lotus 23 body in resin or plastic. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find one?

Jim if you can find one the Russkit is the best I have seen, but Vac formed.
    Artin is way over scale.
    I have started to carve one but it has been on the work bench about 12 months.
    There are a few 1/24 around.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Kalbfell View Post
      Jim if you can find one the Russkit is the best I have seen, but Vac formed.
      Artin is way over scale.
      I have started to carve one but it has been on the work bench about 12 months.
      There are a few 1/24 around.
      What Phil said. The Russkit Super Leggera is vac formed, but vac formed in thicker styrene. You basically model it like it's a hard body car. Weighs about the same. However, it's a little too true to scale: the 1:1 Lotus 23 is a very small car, and the Russkit is appropriately small for scale. VERY difficult to get decent running gear in it, with correct size wheels tires. Especially if you're wanting to build a competitive one for racing.

Eldon has one that is woefully over scale, but they call it 1/32. I've never seen Artin's 23. I do know that their Europa and Esprits are horribly scaled at 1/43.

Revell's 1/24 scale car (came in a set and as a kit...and body kits can still be bought separately on epay) is actually a pretty decent model, you can build up a nice 23 in 1/24.

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
        I'm looking for a Lotus 23 body in resin or plastic. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find one?
        Hi, a friend of mine makes the Lotus 23 in resin 1/32scale. He is in England but sends bodies worldwide. I have just checked with him and he has one.
        He makes a good body and a very good range of bodies that have not been made by anyone else. I have made many of his bodies over the years with great results. His email address is [email protected] his name is David Yerbury. I hope this helps.
        Last edited by Mazda; 01-14-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

David is a lovely guy. I'm sure he would be the first to tell you some of his bodies are not as good as they might be, but some are fine. All, can be worked on where necessary and a very good result achieved.

His models come under the name AA Bodies :-http://aabodiesslotcars.com/?fbclid=IwAR1fND0o9GnJ-XgM-T8Pcory-9AtgrVL4hZENpzYL1nkPWNPWJGBkeqn648

Cheers,
          Martin

Comment

Sorry my over scale one is Eldon not Artin.
            I have a couple of David’s Can Am cars, they are way out of scale, but I have been told some of his others are much better.
            Maybe ask about the Lotus for size.

Bloody hell 8 goes to post this reply��

Comment

David Yerbury has a few bodies listed on eBay.co.uk at the moment so you can check them out. His user name is wendym1679. Some of the bodies do need a bit of tiding up but they can be made as good as other bodies. Check them out.

Comment

And you won't find such a mouthwatering range of types, even if some need a bit of work. At 21 quid including post, they're good value. I think glazing comes with them too, but no wheel inserts.

Martin

Comment

Working...
                X