Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Try to find the differences"

Hello Sci-ers,
    Last year in september, I'd the opportunity to drive a monoposto type car, based on a birthday present of my children and grandchildren.
    It all happened in France at La Ferté-Gaucher. During 12 minutes,I've driven a Formula Renault Campus. A wonderfull experience
    Looking back to the photos my wife and I made then, I've started some scratchbuilding.
    The result is based on a Hazegawa 1/24 Cabin Lola T90-50 F3000. As a Formula Renault Campus is not availlable.
    I've inserted 2 sets of photos, to compare the real car with the 1/24 scale slotcar.
    (The first racing tests on my track gave very good results)
    Here on this side of the big blue, there's a type of puzzle called "try to find the differences", using 2 identical pictures, but with here and there a difference. This topic is a little bit based on that kind of puzzle. :+))
    Enjoy looking at the photos …

(more photos later)

Lots Of Slots

Hufo

What a great present

Is that an H&R chassis? I have three 1/24th Monogram 1980's era Indy car model kits on H&R chassis that I bought from Bob Taylor on the HRW forum. They run great. [Thanks Bob]. I bought 3 more of the Monogram kits to make more.
    I also bought a 1/25thRevell 1998 Reynard Indy car which I am currently working on right now. I knew before I bought it that it would be more work than the Monograms.The body is a lot lower and slimmer so it is proving to be a little harder to fit to the chassis, but I'm almost there.
    Really cool cars to see running on the track
    Randy

Comment

Hufo -

Nice work.
      Shorten those axle's so they are flush with the center of the wheels.

Mike

Comment

Hey, Randy and Mike, thanks for the replies. Wishing you lots of … Eastern Eggs. (As well as for all SCI-ers)
        About "finding the differences", one of my daughters allready remarked: "the scale driver doesn't wear glasses"

Randy, about the chassis: it's not an H&R, but a scratch built, using a recycled steel 1/32 Parma Womp Womp chassis, of wich I've separated the front part from the rear part, to have the wright wheelbase. The upright body-pin holes were also removed, and the axle heigth has been adjusted. At this moment I've installed the purple BRM motor to do some driving tests, but it may be replaced by a 16D or S16D in the future. I've used a graphit jet guide, because of its flatness. This guide made it possible to solder the lead wire very flat and low, to avoid touching the front spoiler.

Mike, about the axles: axles will be shorten, after tire tests. Allthough the H&R fish's give good result, as well as a nice look, some other types will be tried out.

More photos to come.
        But for the moment, I've been working on the track scenery.
        And, with the summer-alike weather here in Belgium's Antwerp region, while I'm writing this reply, I'm sitting on my garden's terras, enjoying the sun (and shade).

Lots Of Slots

Hufo

Comment

After diner, I went back to my track, to make some more photos.
          Here they are …

Lots Of Slots

Hufo

Comment

Working...
          X