Vannin'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vannin'

I grew up in the 70's and 80's and always loved the vans. We had a '74 Dodge Tradesman 100 that my Dad and I fixed up...wood paneling and shag. I'd been looking for some 1/32 scale vans to make into a slot vehicle. I score two vans at a model car show/sale. This is the first one I'm doing. Trying to capture that 70's look.

I first tried it on an Artin skinny-boy chassis I had lying around.

I didn't like the wheels at all so I ordered up an Artin fat-boy chassis and it looked much better. Here it is painted up with some of the decals on it. I'm going with the wizard/dragon theme. Saw a lot of that theme back in the day. It actually handles very well despite the tall body.

Cool! you need to throw a water bed in the back of that baby!
    Vans really were big back then.

Comment

Cool Van!

Tom

Comment

Thanks guys. I did finish it up last night, more decals, windsheild and the interior is in. I'll have to get some more pictures.

A water bed would be sweet. One friend suggested putting a smoker unit from a train in there so as I race it smoke pours from the windows. LOL!!

I think vans are going to make a comeback. I'd love to do a 1:1 scale van complete with side pipes and Cragar S/Ss.

Comment

nice job on the van. I too picked up a 70s era van model kit, and will make that into a slot car as well. Looking forward to more pix!

Comment

Nice job...

Comment

Looking good.

Happy racing,
              Ron

Comment

It runs as good as it looks!!! i seen it in action

keith
                Last edited by Modelcarjedi; 05-29-2008, 03:43 PM. Reason: i forgot something :O)

Comment

Working...
                X