Seat 600

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat 600

I bought four of these cars for $50 and three of the Abarths for $60. A good deal? Maybe, but I was in for a surprise. They are fun, but that was not the surprise. The chassis with slight mods fit beatifully under an Airfix AH Sprite body.

Cute car. I will post pictures later.

Dan

I bought seven Abarths and Seat 600s. Here is what of interest - the motors vary greatly in speed and power. I gave one to a wonderful man but did not check his but I hope it is as good as this last one I dug out and not like the other one I have tested so far. I find it remarkable that they vary so much. The first was like an NC-1 or Artin but this one is almost like an NC-2. Go figure. I will buy more of the Seats (the Abarths are gone according to the lady at FW).

Dan

Comment

Sprite

The body is drying and when done I will post a picture. They are so small they virtually take no paint.

I have to get a driver that looks right.

Dan

Comment

Re: Sprite

I used one of the Fly replacement drivers. Took him off at the waist and glued him to the tea tray interior I put in.

Comment

See how nicely the Seat 600 chassis fits under the AH Sprite by Airfix!

Comment

That looks great Dan,I built a simailar one a couple of years ago using an SCX fiat 850 as a base.
            Graham

Comment

I finally found a picture of one running in HP and have to drop the driver a little lower.

Dan

Comment

Yeah, he does stick out a fair bit...

Comment

The problem is that I only have one picture and very little of the guy sticks up. Does anyone have a picture of an SCCA Sprite?

Dan

Comment

Like these?

www.geocities.com/sprite-midget/19.jpg

www.h-production-scca.com/ijh20.jpg

www.h-production-scca.com/ij--bugeye1.jpg

The web is crawling in them little guys...

Comment

They are about the same height as the picture I found. I was worried that I would go to far the other way. I know now how much to chop off. Thanks.

Dan

Comment

Re: 4450

ddyke was that a special sale . It looks FWS site says $39.99 each?

Comment

Re: 4450

Rad Trax had the Seat 600s at 4 for $50 and FW had the Abarths at $19.99 each. The only one left is at Rad Trax: REPROTEC SEAT (FIAT) 600 F.C. BARCELONA CENTENNIAL for $15.99. Fantasy World is out of stock.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X