strombecker interest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

REH used to have bins of the blue pins for the track, but I don't know if this is still true.

The lube I use on all my stuff is Mobile One synthetic 0/30 weight.

Fate

Comment

Controllers to use with Strombecker now...

Great information Thanks to all!

While we are talking strombecker.
      1) what controller or controllers can be used and which work best with the Old Strombecker track?

2) how do I best attache the controller to the old strombecker track?

Comment

I need a source for guides

I have a strombecker car that needs a guide. Where do i find these at? The underside of this car is different than my others. The braids are extending out from the carriage and appear to not be part of the guide, .....and there is no guide on the car now.

PS: I would include a picture of the car, but I need to resize the image first becasue : The Dimension limits for this filetype are 650 x 0. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 3648 x 2736.

How do i do that on my computer?

Comment

If you use Windows look under Programs, then Accessories, then Paint. Open your picture in Paint, under Image select Resize/Skew. In the Resize section enter the percentage, be sure to enter the same value for both vertical and horizontal! You may have to try this several times, a more sophisticated program would let you enter the picture dimentions in pixels. For most posts 640 or maybe 800 pixels are good values. When you get the right size save the picture using a new file name or you will overwrite the original file.

Comment

thanks RichD that was excellent instructions and very helpful.

I was able to re size the picture and below is the car to which I need a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by flywelder View Post
              thanks RichD that was excellent instructions and very helpful.

I was able to re size the picture and below is the car to which I need a guide.
              I think your car is a Strombecker Ford GT. That car and the other "clamshell" design Strombecker cars came with both a pin-type guide and a flag-type guide. The pin guide snapped into the hole at the front on the bottom of the chassis. The flag guide had a pin at the front which snapped into that hole, and another pin at the back edge of the the flag, which pivoted in the curved opening on the bottom of the chassis. If you can't find a replacement pin or flag, the best solution would probably be to make a pin from a piece of plastic rod. You will probably have to do some trial and error to get the pin to the right length.

Back in the 1960's, there was an ongoing debate as to whether pin or flag guides were better. Sort of like the modern-day "mag" vs. "no mag" debate !

Comment

Thanks JD!!!
                here is different picture of the car.

Comment

before I go to the trouble of setting up my track. can you tell me, will 1/32 and 1/24 scale slot cars that today, run on commercial tracks around the country, .... run well on the strombecker track? or is the guide blade too long / deep? .....and are there any other issues i should know of?

2) and is the track wide enough for those types of cars to easily pass?

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                  X