Scratch-Built 1970's F1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch-Built 1970's F1

Attached is a pic of my last two resin projects: A Brabham BT44 and the Tyrell P34/2. The 44 was hand-built and cast, while the P34 was cast from the old model kit. They both ended up on Fly March chassis. I have spares (in rough cast form) if anyone is interested in trying their hand at these.

If you say you've hand built the Brabham and then cast it yourself, all I can say is top marks! It looks a superb job!

Graham.

PS, Let us have some better photo's please. I'd like to see a little more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by zagato View Post
      If you say you've hand built the Brabham and then cast it yourself, all I can say is top marks! It looks a superb job!

Graham.

PS, Let us have some better photo's please. I'd like to see a little more detail.
      Here's a larger pic of the one I previously posted. I'll take a few more over the weekend and post them up!

http://manifesto1.com/brabham_tyrrel.jpg

Contemplating doing the Brabham "turbine" car next.

Comment

Message sent re Brabham.

Comment

Very nice indeed. I sure love the 70's open wheel cars. It's just to bad I have invested so much time and money in my can-am's. I need to see all of them finished before I start a new obsession Very cool.......

Joel

Comment

Brabham

The Brabham will make a great running companion for this.

this one was build for the Marconi Proxy some time ago.

Comment

I have Mr. H's first try at the Brabham with a Scalextric McLaren M23 chassis and can say how nice of a job he did on modeling and decaling it. The stock plastic rear rims seem to go wonky easily when you have a few end-to-end offs so I replaced them with aluminum replicas shod with urethane tire copies. It's now a driving pleasure (on my wood track at 10 volts) as concentric rims and tires would provide any slot car.

Mr H, are you selling cast copies and decals for the Tyrell like you did for the Brabham?

Thanks.

Dan in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by VTECFOUR View Post

Mr H, are you selling cast copies and decals for the Tyrell like you did for the Brabham?

Thanks.

Dan in Canada
                Dan,

I do have 4 extra bodies available with decals. As you can see from the photos, this one requires a lot more grinding/sanding/fitting to use the chassis parts I cast from the original model kit. Or, you could just use the body and details parts on a chassis of your own design. I used the Fly March chassis for this one. I also purchased some Fly March drivers from Electric Dreams to fit.

I've got a bit more time in this one, so I could sell an unfinished set of parts for $25, plus postage, if anyone is interested.

Comment

Brabham& Terryl always favorites, esp. the six wheeler. Great execution on both cars, can't do better than that.
                  Jas

Comment

Love the P34

Where do you get the front wheels for your Tyrrel? So my understanding is you take a Fly March Chassis and adapt it to the Tyrrel body?

Very nice!

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by roger_elliott View Post
                      Where do you get the front wheels for your Tyrrel? So my understanding is you take a Fly March Chassis and adapt it to the Tyrrel body?

Very nice!

Roger
                      Roger,

I removed the front of the Fly chassis and using the front seat section, I used HO scale rear tires for the front tires. The seat section is held in place with the forward screw that was is the Fly chassis. In the bottom of the seat section, I ground 2 slots for the axles (made from brass rod) and they are held in place with the "a" arm piece that again, was cast from the model kit.

Of course there was a bunch of fitting, grinding with my Dremel, etc, but it runs great.

I should probably take a few more pics to show how it all fir together. Give me a few days and I'll post some more.

Comment

holewczynski - first of all, excellent craftmanship. An earlier message in this string indicates you have\had copies of the Brabham for sale. Are any still available?

Comment

Originally posted by porsche951 View Post
                          holewczynski - first of all, excellent craftmanship. An earlier message in this string indicates you have\had copies of the Brabham for sale. Are any still available?
                          I have 2 left with decals. $15 plus postage.

Ken

Comment

Ken can you contact the Porsche 951 poster in this thread.

He is interested in your bodies.

Also for future please post buy/sell/trade stuff in the Buy/Sell/Trade to kepp other Forums clear of such posts.
                            You can always post in another Forum that may have interested parties Hey I have such and such for offer, and link to your Buy/Sell/Trade post.

Thanks.
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.slotcarillustrated.com
                            www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan,

Actually, I had started this thread just showing what I was working on and mentioned I had extras for sale. I was just responding within this thread. I mostly sent PM's to those interested, but since the question was asked within this thread.

The scratch built forum is kinda a weird place, in that, if you post you've scratch built something, others ask if if you have it for sale. I never get any interest posting in the 4 sale forum for resin cast stuff, but if I post a car I built in the scratch built forum, people want to know if I have duplicates available.

Comment

Working...
                              X