Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Modelling a slot car - Dodge Monaco. On the track!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey Gareth,I need some professional advice from you please.I am trying to design a body Lindberg model style, meaning in the style of the 1949 Ford model or the 52 Chevy model.You know how they design the side body panels and the middle separately. I drew up the side panels on thin plastic,but can't seem to design the whole middle part hood,top,and trunk.also door handles for the doors.and the body trim.can you explain to me how to do this please?thanks 68 Road Runner

Comment

• The middle is the tricky part! The problem is that the roof is usually curved in both directions (width and length), but remember the roof will be narrower than the hood and trunk because the windshield pillars taper in at the top.

You really need some pictures or photos of the car from the side, front, top and back to see it clearly.

Maybe you can post up some pictures to show us what you've done so far?

Comment

• posting pictures online

hey choc or anyone,I need to know the procedure for posting pics online.never done it before.thanks,68 Road Runner

Comment

• Packaging?

Originally posted by choc-ice View Post
          Also packaging. Tracking down a supplier of packaging that'll protect the car for international transport, and not cost $$ is tricky. That's without getting something that can be a display case too.
          My neighbor is a broker for packaging and deals with new products all the time. I can get his contact information for you if you are interested in talking with him. He is a great guy.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by 68 Road Runner View Post
            hey choc or anyone,I need to know the procedure for posting pics online.never done it before.thanks,68 Road Runner
            If you create a free account on Photobucket.com you can upload pictures from your computer onto the Photobucket site. Once you've done that, it'll tell you the web address for each picture so just copy it and paste it into the message you write here.

Originally posted by redsn8k View Post
            My neighbor is a broker for packaging and deals with new products all the time. I can get his contact information for you if you are interested in talking with him. He is a great guy.

Thanks

Jeff
            I think I'm ok with this, I've decided to put the kits in a plain packing box with a label to show what's inside. So far there's been no damage to the insides and I've shipped right across Europe and a few into the US.

But thanks for the offer of help, it's always useful!

Comment

• A great looking car here, done as Miami Vice! The interior is all custom made as are the roof lights.

Comment

• That poor policeman is cemented into his squad car! Oh woe is he!

But seriously, that looks great!

Comment

• So how do I go about getting one of these kits? how much?

Comment

• Have a look at www.chase-cars.com for availability of kits, prices and build instructions

Comment

• After putting it off for a loooong time, I'm trying out my own orange Dodge Charger. After I took this photo I fitted harder springs, but kept the soft springs on the police cars

Comment

Working...
                      X