First Resin Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Resin Build

I don't know if this is the proper place for it but here goes.

I decided to try building a resin car. I wanted a autocross car and Mazda Miatas are quite popular amongst local Auto-X ers. Found out about the Penelope Pitlane Mark 1 Miata from Pendleslot and ordered it. My bank freaked out and locked up my debit card because they thought it was fradulently used.

I would love to put a HRS 2 under it (duh!). But I am also leaning towards a PSC32 chassis.

I have a Badger 150 Airbush to paint it with and will be using Tamiya Acrylics to finish it. No idea for inserts or wheels..

This should be fun!

Kit arrived today. Haven't had the chance to sit down and measure it. I will post pix soon.

Have a couple spare Slot.It pods lying around. Might have to attach a plate to the front of one that will hold a guide and front axel mounts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Size Comparison

I bought this Kit as a possible entry into next years SLOP.

So I thought I would compare it to a known LEGAL SLOP CAR...

The with appears OK...

The length is an issue...
      Last edited by DrDiff; 05-02-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

How much too long? Use some good cleaner on the body before you paint it with primer.
        I always use Tamiya spray bombs and have good luck with them. Ken

Comment

First trial of a Slot.It / Scaleauto Pod. Yes the setting is a little wide.

Comment

120 mm by 55 mm directly from the man who cast it. slightly too large...

box measures 117.475 mm by 60.325 nn
            but still it will be a fun little car!
            Last edited by DrDiff; 04-29-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Well I decided to play it safe. Bought a MRRC Seabring Chassis from Professor Motor.
              Any tips for setting one of these chassis up?

I neeeded a motor for a CAN AM GTU car anyway!

Comment

I got the complete car (minus a body). What would be a good wood guide for this car? It comes with tires and wheels I would bet that the wheels are plastic and press fit on to knurled axels. What about replacing the axels? Are they standard Slot.It sized or do they require something special like Scalextric does? What about gears? If it uses standard Slot.It sized axels then I would bet that the non offset InLine Spurs would fit. What pinion size is on the motor. Is it a normal sized shaft or is it one of those tricky 1.5mm shafts? I am thinking 15x8 wheels.

Thanks for sharing your knowlege of the MRRC Sebring chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDiff View Post
                  120 mm by 55 mm directly from the man who cast it. slightly too large...

box measures 117.475 mm by 60.325 nn
                  but still it will be a fun little car!

Can you gain enough by sanding off the cast in rear bumper?

Slot It wood guide should fit. You will need to use an off set gear and bushings to get a 3/32 axle to fit in the rear. Yes with it being an an FF motor it has a 1.5 mm pinion shaft.

Comment

I'm sure the Scaley MGB will be allowed next year. The dealers will getting them in very soon. The Pioneer should be coming along shortly after that.

Comment

Dr. the Sebring chassis with the slim line motor is basically mid motor. A little weight around the nose to help keep the guide down should be sufficient. From there, wheels and tires would be the next consideration.

Comment

The Ninco pro gears are much smaller than the other crowns available and they run quietly. They are great for the scale 15" wheels. A drill blank axle and a set of aluminum wheels will make a real runner out of it. I used this set up for my MGC GT for the Can Am. It didn't qualify because I used the new Ortmann tires and they wouldn't hook up.

Comment

They do allow Body mods in SLOP.

I have inquired about the legtality of cutting of the bumper and re-installing it so that it is flush with the tail lights. I am strongly peititoning to expand the box to 120mm by 80mm. If they expand the box, I would not have to cut the bumper. If they don't...

Originally posted by mmmoose1 View Post
                          Can you gain enough by sanding off the cast in rear bumper?

Slot It wood guide should fit. You will need to use an off set gear and bushings to get a 3/32 axle to fit in the rear. Yes with it being an an FF motor it has a 1.5 mm pinion shaft.

Comment

Got the MRRC Sebring Chassis from Professor Motor today. Took it out of the bag and immediately popped the magnets out. Then adjusted the wheelbase.

Fit is good but I will have to adjust body mount height. Wheels look OK but I'm going to have to turn the tires around. Nobody uses Firestones in Autocross. It is either R compound Hoosier or R Compound Kumo

Comment

Hey DrDiff,

CONGRATULATIONS! You are assembling a nice little car in a very short time.

As an outsider looking into SLOP, I believed the "box" could be larger. Otherwise, SLOP will be a Mini proxy.

Comment

Working...
                              X