No announcement yet.

First Resin Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As it is, SLOP is a MINI / Renault R5 turbo proxy...

Originally posted by mad_john View Post
    Hey DrDiff,

CONGRATULATIONS! You are assembling a nice little car in a very short time.

As an outsider looking into SLOP, I believed the "box" could be larger. Otherwise, SLOP will be a Mini proxy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Ran a couple of hundred laps of the new chassis on the SLOP Track. My Goal is to use it to lay down some rubber. I agree it needs a deeper guide. Very impressed with the power I wonder if it will be enough when I mount that heavy resin body?

This is a nice litle chassis. Can't see it going toe to toe with a Slot.It or a NSR... But like Fly Classics.... Against simmilar cars from the same manufacturer. Could make a fun little bunch of cars.

I regret not buying the Revel Monogram cars that the local track had before it closed. I have a SCX pro Porsche around here somewhere It has a deep guide or maybe a Slot.It. I don't know Either SLot.It wheels or maybe CB Design from Slot Car Corner... 15x8
      Last edited by DrDiff; 05-06-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Great that the Sebring chassis works well
        Will be interesting to see what you do with this car.....keep up the good work (and progress reports).

Comment

Worked a little more on the car today

I trimmed the mounting posts some. And worked on the wheel arches,

I wanted to open them up a little. I cut away most of the flares.

Comment

I think that the wheels might be turned down for inserts. The wire wheels are growing on me. Maybe not correct for a Miata. But...

It will have ES decals, for SCCA E Stock Class.
            Last edited by DrDiff; 05-07-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Doc, if you want to shorten the body, you could take 1/8" out of the doors and use it in the SLOP proxy.

Comment

The Miata is a cool little car. I bought 2 of the little buggers. Got one painted, now just have to build a chassis for it. As slow as I am it might be a while before it's done. Looks as though you have a good start on yours already. Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

I bought the Miata kit from Dr Diff when he was short of cash. I have the chassis under a Lotus 30 resin body and have not done anything with the Miata body. Ken

Originally posted by FootScoot View Post
                  The Miata is a cool little car. I bought 2 of the little buggers. Got one painted, now just have to build a chassis for it. As slow as I am it might be a while before it's done. Looks as though you have a good start on yours already. Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

Working...
                  X