Custom Scalextric Cars 2 Finn McMissile slot car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Scalextric Cars 2 Finn McMissile slot car

Part of the Cars 2 mega marketing machine are a set of 4 1/32 size pull back and go toys of McQueen, Bernoulli, McMissile, and Mater. McMissile was cool, and looked to be the easiest to convert, so I picked it up. I was going to try and put a motor and gear on the original chassis but that looked too hard for me to do. I dug through all my cars and found that the Audi TT was the best match for wheel base on this toy. Quite a bit of plastic surgery later and the Audi chassis fit well under the McMissile body. Using some epoxy putty, I made new screw mounts for the chassis and put it together. Here's a video showing it running. It's a digital car, and so can change lanes on my SSD track. There was plenty of room for the chip in its original location, so I didn't have to mod that at all. I'll try to get some pictures of the chassis and body later, once I get a better mount for the front, which I had to remove the original screw mounts from the chassis.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKM4Za5D1AU"]YouTube - ‪Cars 2 Finn McMissile Scalextric Slot Car Custom‬‏[/ame]

That's pretty cool. It's cars like this that will get kids hooked.

Comment

That is cool. Nice job!

Comment

Nice job on that. Where did you find the cars?

Comment

those toys are available pretty much everywhere that Cars 2 toys are sold, which is pretty much anywhere that sells toys. they're not hard to find at all.

Comment

I just bought one of these at Toys R Us last week. It is on the bench apart. A Scaley Mini chassis will fit. I also got Lightening McQueen. He will be more difficult as a shorter wheelbase.

Comment

In the "News and Reviews" sub-forum there is currently a thread about thingies.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=51378

I think this car qualifies.

Comment

That's cool and right up my alley.

I gotta get me some.

I just bought the red anodized CB Design stock car wheels especially with a Lighting McQueen project in mind.

How are the scales compared to other 1/32 slot cars.

FSO

Comment

They're as 1:32 as any toy car I've seen. Like I said, the Audi TT chassis fit perfectly.

Comment

Wow that is an ultra cool modification makes these cars 2 toys much better.

Comment

Working...
                    X