Barchetta 166 MM in resin with chassis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barchetta 166 MM in resin with chassis

Here are photos of the molds and first pieces.
    http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/e...ndeck07/Resin/

Looking good!!

Comment

Lovely Mr Rixvette.....I'm definitely glued (epoxied) to this thread.

Comment

Thank you, sir. I am trying to keep up with Greenman and Dave Reinecke. They cast some beautiful pieces. In another week, complete kits will be available. The detail parts are going into a mold tonight.

Comment

Before anyone orders, I am making a resin chassis. The black resin is very hard and can be brittle in stress areas. I recommend reinforcing the bearing carriers front and back. The 'pod' is just a motor carrier and has almost no movement built into it. The chassis is not recommended for serious competition. It should be fine for home tracks running a 'few parade laps.' I recommend using the factory chassis for proxies.

Order up. I am pouring a few in light tan this weekend. Photos of the grill and other detail parts on Monday.

Comment

Sweet, PM me shipped price and paypal info.

Comment

That looks nice. Really nice.

Comment

beautiful! I'm in....

...gotta support an artist like that!
                rix, please PM me about price etc.
                -Max

Comment

Thanks, guys. I am making parts every night. Let me apologize in advance if I don't email each of you when they ship. Things are a bit hectic.

Comment

Please PM me shipped price and paypal info.
                    Thanks,
                    Pat Rolland

Comment

Shipping first sets this week. The chassis will be tan, not black. The softer resin will be more forgiving to bushing insertion and removal.

Comment

Fantastic - PM sent

Comment

little boat .

was surprised that enzo named this little roadster a boat . rick has done it justice . crisp ! very light and as close to any original . which i happen to have . he has done a fine job with this cast . lookin` forward to finishin` mine and havin` a second livery for my ninco 166 .

jer
                          Last edited by Jerry LaGesse; 07-05-2011, 04:47 PM. Reason: deserved a second thumb !

Comment

Mine arrived a couple of days ago but I didn't get a chance to look at it until last night, I was very, very impressed with the quality of all the parts. The car won't require much in the way of prep, really nice work!

I can't wait to have this thing together, hopefully I can do it justice.

What's the story with the 356?

Comment

I'm taking a brief detour from the next body to make those figures that everyone wants. Four molds are made so far and the samples look pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X