SCCA Triumph TR6,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCA Triumph TR6,

I built one of these TR6's earlier in the year to sell but always liked the look of it and promised I'd do one for myself once I had an excuse to do one and a new series provided this. I finished this today and it will be used in a new hometrack only series inspired by the SS32 club which I read about on the club section on this forum. The cars have to use a resin body made by Traffic models from a chosen list and they must use the chassis the car is designed to accept as well as a low revving motor and rubber tyres. The only upgrades available are the use of Penelope Pitlane or RS slotracing aliuminium wheels and Slot it back axle.

This is the first car I have built for the series and will hopefully be joined by some others in the next few months. It was a very straight forward build and didn't take long at all as the body needed virtually zero preparation and the chassis was easy to put together. The only problems I had were with the mounting posts, when the car was first test fitted the mounts were about 2.5mm to high and the wheels were well out of the arches, so I needed to reduce them but this wasn't a major headache and the dremel soon sorted it.

The car uses the resin chassis as stated in the rules and it uses a standard slimline motor. I've used RS Slotracing wheels and Penelope Pitlane tyres and some new RS resin minilite inserts. Back axle is Slot it. The driver is a mixture of Proto slot parts and the rest is Traffic models.

Hope you like it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Super cool, I love the TR6, almost bought a real one when I was a kid, but I put my finger through the lower fender and needless to say I passed.

I tried to find "Traffic" models and had no luck, is there a link or online shop that carries the line?

I'm thinking about a Group 44 Triumph.

Thanks for your time and patience,

Pete

Comment

Pete, That is really nice job. Always liked the TR6. Good choice of color on the wheels. They look great with the gold body.
      You wouldn't by chance have the web site where you got the body. If you do could you Pm me it.

Rusty

Comment

Another Beauty, way to go Mr. Shepherd!

I really like the driver ..... outstanding

Comment

Oh Boy A TR6

Neat stuff!

I need to know the source, please! Whoops you did state the source. Thank You!

Greenman62

Comment

The wheels and tires fit in the wheel wells - Excellent. I hate seeing scratch built with them sticking out.

Very nice build and I bet the racing will be great. Wish I could entice our members to try building even a simple car.

Comment

very nice build but, woo, those shoulder belts going over the main roll hoop scare the cr*p outta me!

Comment

Originally posted by greg nagy View Post
                very nice build but, woo, those shoulder belts going over the main roll hoop scare the cr*p outta me!
                Cheeze I just notice that... it would NEVER pass tech that way.

The Group 44 TR6 shows a properly braced roll bar. Not the horizontal bar the runs the width of the cockpit... That's where you would hang or drape the shoulder harness.

Of course some guys go for overkill...

Greenman62
                Last edited by greenman62; 07-25-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I like it - nice work.

Comment

Nice paintwork. Looks like it laid down smooth. Shut lines look believable. And the color combination works well. The driver figure looks great too!

Comment

Originally posted by greenman62 View Post
                      Cheeze I just notice that... it would NEVER pass tech that way.

The Group 44 TR6 shows a properly braced roll bar. Not the horizontal bar the runs the width of the cockpit... That's where you would hang or drape the shoulder harness.

Of course some guys go for overkill...

Greenman62
                      Greenman & All-

Take a look at the 1969 Group 44 TR-6......they managed to squeak this roll bar through tech. I'm told the drivers scrunched may down in the seat to get their heads below the bar to pass tech.....Look carefully at the 1969 Champion Ad....ALL the driver's heads are below the main hoop....roll bar height was raised considerably in 1970.

-Rick
                      Last edited by Group44registry; 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X