Milestone reached

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milestone reached

Today was the day that the 50th and the 51st 1/32 GP chassis came off the jig. It also marks the 25th customer chassis. One of these days I might get it right. They all belong to one of my better customers, Bigskybanker. Thanks Mark, they will get in the mail tommorow.

From left to right 75mm wheelbase 7 grams 71mm wheelbase 1/16th front axle 5.8 grams and 71 mm wheel base set up for a Pioneer FF-030 motor, BWA, AE or Solarbotics motor with 6 screw holes in the mounting plate 6.5 grams.

Gads! They're breeding like rabbits!

Old23

Comment

Brilliant design for Vintage cars - nice work.

Comment

Fifty?

That looks like some pretty handy soldering!! The bushing is soldered right to the L and set up for offset gears? The tube front looks like it's hung off some smaller wire that looks pretty tricky as well. Like the idea with the collar for the guide too. This chassis is lean with the weight just right. Lots of good idea's Ken.

Comment

Very nice factory work. Give the workers a raise.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
            Very nice factory work. Give the workers a raise.

With me in the ranks of the unemployed/retired, I make these so my worker can eat and pay for parts and tools from the net. Ken

Comment

Great Chassis Ken.
              I think I might steal er copy some of the features shown.
              regards

Comment

Congratulations, Ken, I have a model kit Grand Prix car and the standard slim line chassis is too wide. I have decided to turn the motor up on its side and build it that way. It should be interesting. Another project that is on the list is a sidewinder with the motor turned up so that I can run a full interior in a 'tiddler.'

Comment

Originally posted by rixvette View Post
                  Congratulations, Ken, I have a model kit Grand Prix car and the standard slim line chassis is too wide. I have decided to turn the motor up on its side and build it that way. It should be interesting. Another project that is on the list is a sidewinder with the motor turned up so that I can run a full interior in a 'tiddler.'
                  Like this?

EM

Comment

Yes, exactly. I am working on an MG TC for the next TLOR race.

Comment

I found the Solarbotics motors make a great little sidewinder. I have built an anglewinder Cheetah chassis for an FF-050 seen on the left a Sloarbotics powered sidewinder 32 Ford with a dropped front axle in the middle and a replacement chassis for my Monogram McLaren can am car on the right. The fifty was just inline GP chassis in 1/32 scale. Ken

Comment

Originally posted by munter View Post
                        Great Chassis Ken.
                        I think I might steal er copy some of the features shown.
                        regards
                        Hardly steeling, those are all pretty conventional chassis features that scratch builders have been using of decades. Nothing wrong with rather nicely built conventional of course.

Comment

Originally posted by rixvette View Post
                          Yes, exactly. I am working on an MG TC for the next TLOR race.
                          My version is an in-line but, with an FF 050 can, cockpit intrusion is minimal:

As you can see, there is room for complete engine detail

I think you would need to use an 030 to fit a sidewinder.

BTW, the wheel/tire set up is typical of racing TCs in the 50s - 5:50 - 6:00 X 15 on the rear, 4:50 X 18 on the front.

EM

Comment

My theory is that low torque motors (as we use in the NC1 classes) don't have enough torque to require sidewinders for optimal performance. So, as long as the CG is low, the inline slim can should be the way to go in the lo-po classes. Currently I'm contemplating a vac-body Maserati A6GCS with a VRAA F1 style chassis for the TLOR (Class 1). I just found a pile of BWA front and rear slim-can axle brackets in the shadowy recesses of my warehouse. Now, if only I could motivate my factory workers . . .

Comment

You can also do a front motor car with a FF-050 motor if you want to keep an interior.

Comment

Working...
                              X