Fuchs wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuchs wheels

Might anyone know where a set (4) of 15" (scale) Fuchs wheels or inserts might be obtained. I think that I have searched everywhere, but you never know.

_michael

MRRC just released a set of Fuch inserts as used on one of their Porsche 911s. Part number is MC-11009. I don't think any SCI sponsors carry the new MRRC parts inventory yet. You'll probably have to order from someone like Pendle in the UK if your needs are urgent.

Old23

Comment

Rixvette is making Fuchs inserts, not sure of the size but PM him and he'll let you know.

Comment

The Porsche, the Fuchs wheel inserts and the Porsche chassis with detail parts will go into a mold this coming week. Watch for the release in Jeseywallz.

Comment

Rick, which wheels do your Fuchs inserts fit? Al Penrose helped me to Fuchs up a few cars with his wheels and inserts.

Last edited by dr vanski; 08-20-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Ok, I measured the insert and it is .49" or 10mm. To fit a larger rim, I would use another insert to fill space.

Comment

Originally posted by rixvette View Post
              Ok, I measured the insert and it is .49" or 10mm.
              0.49" is 12.45 mm. I think this is about the size of the Slot.it inserts for their 15" wheels. What size/brand(s) of wheel is this insert intended for?

The BWA Fuchs insert is/was listed at 0.45" (11.43 mm) and was intended for the BWA (and certain other) 15" wheels.

Originally posted by rixvette View Post
              To fit a larger rim, I would use another insert to fill space.
              Could you elaborate on this technique?

Somewhat confused...

_michael

Comment

Could you please check your metric measurements, Rick? The numbers don't make sense.

Comment

Great looking Carrera there, DR V!

Comment

They are not made for a specific wheel. They were made from an existing wheel. An insert can fit inside another insert that is a little larger. That is how you fill space with an insert. If this insert fits inside a Slot it insert which fits inside a wheel then you have a Fuchs insert inside a large wheel. The millimeter measurement was a guess, the real measurement was .49" I can add the tube to make it a large insert if that is what is needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X