Snap Tite models

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap Tite models

I want to attempt my first scratch build but I am skeptical about my ability to stretch the chassis. I have a bunch of extra Womp chassis and was wondering if I could find any models with the correct wheelbase.

The question I had is does anyone have any measurements of wheelbases for different 1/32 scale Snap Tite models? Or is there any where on the web that might give all the wheelbase measurements for the different models.

Both the '34(?) Ford and the '55 Chevy have a 3.5 inch wheelbase.

Comment

I have several Snap Tite kits as well what is the wheelbase of your Womp chassis and I can measure the cars for you, I have the mustang, vette, tbird as well as the 2 above which he listed as 3.5" whhelbase?

Comment

The Cobra 427 is nice. I recently measured it to be about 2.75". But I put a HRS2 under it.

Comment

The old Womp chassis is right at 3 inches. I know I'll have to narrow the Womp chassis but that will be the easy part.

Comment

I put the 34 Ford on a older Scalextric F1 Chassis, I made it into a Legends car, with SCX nascar wheels.

John

Comment

None of the snap tite bodies are short enough, Mustang and vette are 3 and 3/8" the only model body I have that has a 3" wheelbase is the airfix ferrari 250LM and the aston martin Db4. They are both just shy of 2" wide.

Comment

Thanks alot for all the replies. I guess I'll just order one and try to stretch the chassis.

Comment

Cut the Womp chassis in half, get some K&S brass channel and solder that in place to get the wheelbase that you want. We race the '55 Chevy bodies with a Slot.it HRS chassis.

Comment

An Artin NASCAR chassis has a 3 3/8th inch wheelbase and the wheels are right for many of the Snap Tite bodies.

Comment

I built a 34 Ford on an Artin F1 chassis with a Slot.it front axle/guide bracket and it is a great runner. I like the Slot.it adjustable chassis for many builds for consistent quality and adapability. All of our sponsor shops carry them.

Comment

Working...
                      X