Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

late 60's cars and modern cars on Strombecker track?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late 60's cars and modern cars on Strombecker track?

Any one tell me if 1/24 scale cars from the 60's and 70's such as parma cars, will run or not, on strombecker track with a original strombecker power supply?

and using original strombecker controllers?

Will there be issues?

Can the cars pass each other OK?

How do you define passing? If you define it as changing lanes... no it ain't gonna happen. If you are asking if two modern cars will run side by side... it depends on the width of two cars and the space between the slots. I would guess you don't have the track to measure. I would measure it before purchasing it.

Originally posted by flywelder View Post
    Any one tell me if 1/24 scale cars from the 60's and 70's such as parma cars, will run or not, on strombecker track with a original strombecker power supply?

and using original strombecker controllers?

Will there be issues?

Can the cars pass each other OK?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

I have run both vintage Monogram and K &B and current Carrera 1/24 cars on my Strombecker track. The lane spacing is fine with the vintage cars, but is a bit tight with some of the wider current cars, such as the Audi and BMW LMP cars. If you are going to run 1/24 cars long term, you will definitely want to consider adding some borders to your track. I used the SCX borders and they fit very well.

Back in the 1960's, I ran my 1/24 Monogram and K & B cars with the Strombecker power supply. Not sure how the Parma cars would do. The current Carrera 1/24 cars run best at around 14 volts, so the Strombecker power supply is proabably a bit weak for them. I would recommend the Pyramid variable power supply.

I agree with Dr. Diff's suggestions that you hard wire the power supply and controllers with driver's stations.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how things go!

Comment

Working...
      X