Wanted 1964 pontiac gto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 1964 pontiac gto

Hello .... Not even sure if even one has been made in 1/32 . I am in the market to acquire one. Or better yet borrow one for recasting. Wanting to do up Herb Adams Gray Ghost.

Thanks for lookin...... Joel

car raced in trans am.

Comment

Hope this works. using my phone.

Joel

Comment

Mornin
        Would this help in anyway, if your unable to come up
        with something?. CG

Comment

Possibly. Good friend of mine and I have thought about using the 65 goat as a starting point. May be the best way. Went to a pontiac model listing sight and saw no 64 in 1/32.

Thanks for lookin ...... Joel

Comment

Someone on one of the slot car boards has done this conversion, and posted pics. I remember the basic approach was that he used the 65 GTO model from Aurora/Monogram and whittled down the front fenders to match up to an Eldon Pontiac stock car front bumper and grille assembly. I have this model, and the bumper, holding them together and squinting a little and you can picture a 64 GTO. It looks like the Eldon bumper is a perfect match width wise. I remember him saying that the rear of the 64 and 65 cars were basically the same so no changes there. I think Tiny Motors sells the bumper.
            Good luck, post pics
            RickD

Comment

Mornin
              Here's a thought. Strombecker Pontiac Stocker. CG

Comment

Yep.. That's what I am thinking too.

Thanks for looking......... Joel

Comment

I saw the 1:1 car when it ran in the Lime rock Trans-Am in 1971. The car was in second place for quite a while, but suffered an engine failure just before the end. If I recall correctly the car was actually not a GTO, it was a regular Tempest.

Comment

Funny you should mention this as mine is almost complete, I had to make a whole front end from scratch as the tempest has horizontal dual headlights as opposed to the vertical stacked headlights on the GTO and the grill, bumper are completely different. I left the rear stock as they are very much the same between GTO and tempest. I was able to take a 66 GTO and reshape the whole roofline and back window, quarter windows to the same shape as the tempest and have almost finished redoing the sides and fat wheel flares arches. The hood had to have the gto scoops removed and flattened out but the car is really starting to take shape. I'm not ready to show pictures of the finished car yet but when it's done I was hoping one of our SCI casters might consider taking my body and copying it. (If my efforts are deemed worthy?) I have the stock glass for the front window and side windows and a flat piece of lexan could be used for the rear. Also have a tray interior and the perfect wheels / inserts for the herb adams tempest as it ran in Trans Am. I have a few chassis that the body will fit, the closest being the original carrera gto but there are 2 more that would offer better performance but require the front axle be moved/extended to match the correct wheelbase, this car is very long BTW!!!
                    Chris

Comment

Chris

Contact me please as I've had on in development for sometime as well and would like to see if yours is farther along.

Comment

Dave pm sent I'd like to see where you are as well if you don't mind as I'm going to finish mine anyways but any suggestions would still be welcome and if for some reason you want to use mine then you are more than welcome. Thanks.
                        Chris

Comment

Whatever happened with this?

I was looking through Friedman's Pony Car Wars book and spotted the Grey Ghost. Did anyone ever cast the 64 Tempest? Looks like a great project for a brass chassis TransAm.

Comment

re bump, as i too have found an urge to create a 1/32 1964 pontiac gto, if anyone can help me source a body or something i can modify to look something close to the original, that would be a great help.

Comment

Working...
                            X