No announcement yet.

IMSA Motorsport Zakspeed/Roush mustang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hit this thread so late but I just had to say something. What a super build! It makes me want to throw the one I built down the stairs! LOL! J/K, not everyone can build a car like this one. I have to say that this Mustang kit is not a real easy kit to build. The body and wing are very troublesome and don't even start on those old decals. You my friend should be VERY proud of this one! I know I would be. Now you have to do the 2 Miller cars to go with it. Or you could take 5 years and do the many Capri's from the DRM days. That's if you can find any of the old Tamiys kits at a decent price. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Beautiful work!!!

You need to build a car for 'Resinfest' !!!!

But, I scrolled too fast --is this 1/32 or 1/24????

Later,
      Steve

Comment

Thanks Guys, I'm trying to work on a Sauber C9 and a Lancia LC2 right now when I get free time. But I would be interested in going 1/32 for some competitive building action. I'm not familiar with "resinfest". Where can I find the info on that?

I never posted pics of this car after I finished it. Too busy driving it I suppose. The last pics were of it right after it got painted. It still was held together with blue tape Thought I should put up a ton of photos of it here for your viewing pleasure, (I hope).

You can see that I modified the rear suspension a bit, it works great now. It's adjustable! The interior is not secured but is held in place by the body. The body is secured with magnets in two pieces. The 'main body' and the 'front end'. I love the way this works in an accident, usually the front end will come off and sometimes both pieces will come loose. This helps prevent anything breaking because it will 'break away' before. It has a firm hold but under strong impacts it will release. This looks super cool too! Almost like a real race car flies apart in a crash. I believe this has saved the body a few times already.

This car has great balance and handles really well. It can keep up with a non-mag BRM car as it's a good amount heavier. I love driving this car!!

The last pic is of it's new competition....

Thanks for Looking!!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Nice work , love that style of race car , I like how you used the floor pan !

Comment

Originally posted by Alcopa View Post
              Beautiful work!!!

You need to build a car for 'Resinfest' !!!!

But, I scrolled too fast --is this 1/32 or 1/24????

Later,
              Steve
              I found the thread on the 'resinfest' and unless I get scheduled to work during it I will start planning for it. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Comment

i need to ask: what scale is this, and how hard would it be to obtain that model kit you used? this is by far one of my favorite fords in motorsports, and i would love to at least try to build one. dont see many at the club races, dont see any at all to be honest!

Comment

The kit can be found on evil bay once in a while. It is 1/25 scale. I built quite a few of those when the kits were new. I even put a twin cam engine in one of them just for a building excercise. Pioneer is supposed to put a 1/32 scale car based on that body but the pictures I recall had the body painted orange.

Comment

How does it run?

Comment

1/24

It is a very accurate 1/24 scale. Search imsa mustang on that site. Sideways has it on their list of group 5 cars to be built in 1/32! At least in the in the Miller livery. The Miller and Roush kits are the same except for the decals and replacement decals are available.
                      Originally posted by rixvette View Post
                      The kit can be found on evil bay once in a while. It is 1/25 scale. I built quite a few of those when the kits were new. I even put a twin cam engine in one of them just for a building excercise. Pioneer is supposed to put a 1/32 scale car based on that body but the pictures I recall had the body painted orange.

Comment

Replacement decals available in which scale, 1/32 or 1/24-25 ? John BTW, one nice stang build. Love the use of wire and original floor plan chassis.

Comment

All - jimheller
                          Originally posted by 54to69Rfine View Post
                          Replacement decals available in which scale, 1/32 or 1/24-25 ? John BTW, one nice stang build. Love the use of wire and original floor plan chassis.

Comment

Cranecar- beautiful work, regardless of scale. Please see the SCI Club section under NCSRA -- and I think you have been to one of races up in Montclair --before we formalized the group. We are currently running Can Am and Late 60's Prototypes -- and getting ready to start Slotit Group C and Early 70's prototypes. Full details on our yahoo page [email protected]

Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X