Cooper/Climax T-53

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper/Climax T-53

Well after years of prodding by Mmmoose1 and gentle persuasion by bidematt, I decided to take the plunge. I wanted a fresh Sprite body for next years Sprite Proxy Race and munter was so nice to suggest that I could fit another body in the box... And he had been casting that Cooper T53....

So today the shipment from munter arrived.

I stopped to admire the cast. munter did a great job! His mold of the original was so good that the meat ball and 2 that was painted on the body shows through in the resin copy

So the first step in any build is to set up the jig.

Resources say that Cooper built all of his Formula cars to a 91" wheelbase.

91 inches * ( 1 / 32) = 2.84375

Chassis building Jig has been set up!

First of many pictures to come!

Last edited by DrDiff; 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM.

cannot wait to see the build on this one!!
    Thank you for sharing

Comment

Watching

Comment

Also watching. And hopefully learning.

Comment

Schools in !!!
          I have a few bodies coming from Munter and they will be my first attempts at resin/scratch built cars so thanks for sharing your experience and ideas.
          Question...is the jig you are using the short or long wheelbase version?
          Cheers,
          Chris

Comment

This is the short wheelbase version of the jig.

This will be the DiffBuilt-04 Chassis. I plan on building two of them. One with less detail to be a hill climb car and the other for the VRAA.

Originally posted by csxgrafix View Post
            Question...is the jig you are using the short or long wheelbase version?
            Cheers,
            Chris
            Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
            Last edited by DrDiff; 02-02-2013, 02:53 AM.

Comment

bidematt sent me a copy of his video. It was windows format. I converted it to DVD format. Some things are easier to see on a big screen than on a little 12" computer screen!.

I can burn copies.. PM me your address.

Comment

I've hit a snag... DART is out of the wheels I need for 3/32 axles.
                They have the detail bits I need but you can't build a chassis with the body detail bits.

Comment

DrDiff any chance you could email me the windows video? I can just output to a large monitor in my basement workshop, would love to see!!
                  Chris
                  [email protected]

Comment

I just saw this will send it out tonight!

Originally posted by ottawaslotter View Post
                    DrDiff any chance you could email me the windows video? I can just output to a large monitor in my basement workshop, would love to see!!
                    Chris
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by DrDiff View Post
                      I've hit a snag... DART is out of the wheels I need for 3/32 axles.
                      They have the detail bits I need but you can't build a chassis with the body detail bits.
                      Doc did they give you idea when the wheels will be back in stock?
                      I hope they get a lot of them I have (4) bodies coming from Munter.

Comment

They have the 275 series but not the 200 series. I plan on using the 275 on the rear and will wait for the 200 series fronts.

Comment

And, so it begins...

Borrowing some wheels from a friend. The build begins!

Comment

Just got my T53 today from Munter!! now for a building jig!! I cannot wait to see how yours turns out!!

Comment

Fresh out of the wash and dry after being born off the chassis gig...

DiffBuilt 04 for the Cooper/Climax T-53

Comment

Working...
                              X