Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/24 Cox Cheetah - restored and a little bit more.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/24 Cox Cheetah - restored and a little bit more.....

Just a basic but effective build of a 1/24 Cox Cheetah. I did just a small amount of scratch building and wanted this to look like a club car. Anyway, I had a good time doing this one but it was a challenge.

That has a stunning finish.

Comment

Beautiful work as always. Are the stripes decals or paint? If decals, may I ask how you keep the alignment and position correct?

Thanks

Comment

Another great build, with an amazing paint job.

Are you still using Tamiya rattle cans, and what are you using for a clear coat now?

I ask about the clear coat as I have not been able to find Tamiya's clear coat for over a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by geno View Post
          Another great build, with an amazing paint job.

Are you still using Tamiya rattle cans, and what are you using for a clear coat now?

I ask about the clear coat as I have not been able to find Tamiya's clear coat for over a year now.
          Hey Geno

I'm still using rattle cans. I'll use a big can of Plasti-kote Classic Lacquer for clear coat. The Tamiya and Testors clear coats take why too long to harden and it's 10 times cheaper. It takes 2 weeks for Testors to harden, it takes 3 days for Plasti-kote. You can use their primer as well in a big can. It works great with Tamiya.

Thanks as well guys for the cool comments on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by elpic View Post
            Beautiful work as always. Are the stripes decals or paint? If decals, may I ask how you keep the alignment and position correct?

Thanks
            I used paint and I masked it well. I use Tamiya tape. It good for not bleeding. Thanks brother

Comment

I went to Plasti-kote and they have many different kinds of paint.
              Are you using thier clear lacquer?

Comment

That clear looks like you could swim in it. Gorgeous!

Chris

Comment

Bosmeck

You should do an online tutorial on your painting technique... Again, another great build!

Regards!

Mike

Comment

Cheetah

Excellent as always.

How did you clean the chassis and the wheels? They look like brand new.

Ventura Alfa

Comment

Very well done really like the paint.

Comment

Thanks for the response on the striping. Again, another gorgeous model.

Comment

Working...
                        X