Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32

http://www.darthobbies.com/R32/R32%20Logo%20Lrg.jpg

R32 is what I call the series of races run at the Ring. Both an offshoot of SS32 (with revised rules) and an amalgamation of prior Ring events the goal of R32 is to enjoy the hobby and keep racing fun.

REWIND:
    Back 7 or 8 years ago when I was reintroduced to slot cars I had the fortune to attend an SRO race night at ferrari1950's autodrome in Oakville. I was hooked. Headed by arbe SRO raced at several tracks - two in Oakville, one in Milton, one in Brampton, later one in downtown Toronto, and a new track called the Ring in Mississauga. Soon after two more tracks were added to the rotation. A year or so later CCR complemented the SRO schedule with slower cars from the classic era of sportscars and open wheels with four tracks hosting those events. Now the second Ring began hosting several yearly enduros such as the 2.4h for Slot.It Group C and 1000k for Classic LeMans Fly cars. Another year or so later ferrari1950 and I decided to combine classes from both groups under one set of rules and called this SS32. That was the beginning of a new era and tracks were added and tracks were lost over time. Another Ring. New friends joined in. Some friends pursued other interests or moved away. One wonderful friend passed and is missed by all of us. But the hobby still thrives and the racing continues - as long as it is fun. We aren't getting any younger either, so what are we waiting for - let's race!

PLAY:

Let's go! Past R32 event details can be found here http://www.darthobbies.com/events.htm .

Cheers!

Art
    www.darthobbies.com
    Last edited by DArt; 09-30-2013, 04:18 AM. Reason: Add Logo & Link To Events

A wonderful chronology of events I was proud to be part of. Carry on and keep us posted buddy! The "World Famous Autodrome" continues here in Cornwall ,seven years old now. All flags at half mast have just recently been raised after Paddy's untimely passing and the combination Chinese Restaurant Irish Pub will be a permanent fixture at all future Autodromes here. Race on dude and see ya for the slot car show at end of October. I always can count on Art to have parts and supplies ready...Crown Royal at the table..mmmm..nutritious!

Good day eh!
    Last edited by ferrari1950; 09-27-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

R32 - May 27 - Rod Runner

Hot Rods and slammed Rat Rods do the banging in this new R32 class. Using the nice and easy BWMS050 motors and mandated skinny tires moving either scratch built chassis or PP chassis these custom painted bodies look awesome. And they race better than they look!

No two alike, even if you tried! And more coming later in the summer!

Complete race results can be found here: http://www.darthobbies.com/R32/R32%2...130527_r32.htm .

Cheers!

Art

P.S.- every couple of days I hope to do my best to post more photos of race results through the summer - comments are welcome... since R32 doesn't have a club sub forum I'll keep this thread alive instead...

Comment

They look great, I can almost see "Rat Fink" behind the wheel...hope to have one built soon.

Comment

Vroom Vroom

Comment

And another R32 run track

Well Ferrari dont forget that the contagion of R32 has spread east, towards Cornwall, but Lake on the Mountain in
            Good old Prince Edward County, about halfway between You and Mississauga, is running R32 also.
            Your always welcome to drop by Marek.
            See you at the 2.4 at the Ring.
            Unless you can make the Octoberfest 500 for Racer Sideways Group 5s. You know you zre welcome and have a taste of
            The Barley Way Honey Meade.
            Bob

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I manged to get my hands on a hot rod body, and a soldering iron yes iron weighs about 3 lbs.
                It is likely overkill for the hot rod chassis, but I envision a lot of brass going under the heat pretty soon.
                What a great group of classes to run.
                Gets my still a kid at heart blood pumping...
                Too Cool.
                Bob

Comment

R32 race Octoberfest 500 , Dont forget to mark the date you R32 guys.
                  Track has been tested and has lots of grip, no leaves have fallen yet
                  I envision a new track record being set during this event.
                  Unfortunately the new software wont work on my computer so it will be the old system, which works fine
                  But requires a pencil and paper after each set of heats.
                  No problem though Lloydster is good with numbers.
                  Cheers
                  Bob

Comment

Looking forward to the Race at the Lake on the Hill already - my #23 Zakspeed Capri is all hot glued together and ready to roll!!!

Cheers!

Art

Comment

R32 - June 17 - Ringwood VII

Gents,

I've seen one of these types of pictures before - where was it - Minigrid?

So - we get down and battle it out for the grand prix races of the front motored cars (generally the '50s), the early mid-motors, the 3L era and the 70's... and we call it Ringwood VII!

Most entrants DNF and it was fun watching their pit crews play rock paper scissors to decide who got to eat the driver's corned beef sandwich!!!

For the racing results please visit http://www.darthobbies.com/R32/R32%2...130617_r32.htm

Those are some great looking 3L era racers... see what DArthobbies has for you...

Remember - the best racing is the closest racing!

Cheers!

Art
                      www.darthobbies.com

Comment

Great looking field, Art!

Who makes the BRM in the last photo?

Comment

Hey Bibster, I looked at that BRM to,, I think it is a vintage scaley or hornby that has been brought back to life.
                          Bob

Comment

octoberfest 500

Well The Octoberfest 500 hasgone into the history books for this year.
                            The Sideways Group 5s made a roaring appearance on the Lake on the Mountain Road Course. There was a nice mix of Capris , Lancias and Porsches. At 10.5 volts on wood These beasts really were what we expected, very quick and very smooth. The racing was very close and the cars were so even that a lot of fender rubbing was going on.
                            To say that anyone had an advantage would be untrue as all the cars were great matches.
                            After 30 mins of running less than 5 laps covered 1st through third with the remainder coming in within the next 10 laps.
                            As a post Grp 5 event the Trans ams took to the track which produced again very close racing, Between Mustangs and Camaros again there was no tremendous difference. The new Pioneer Camaro made an appearance at the track but was kept to display duties, another fine looking car to join the Trans Am ranks.
                            Harvest Beer from the local brewer and local made octoberfest sausage kept the drivers strength and spirits up.
                            All in all a great day .
                            Pictures to follow so keep your eyes on this space

Bob

Comment

Octoberfest 500 - October 6

A great day for motor car racing this past Sunday. The West travelled East to compete at the challenging and sinuous Lake on the Mountain track. Many thanks to Bob for hosting and hydration, and to Kevin and Jack for additional sustenance.

Guest appearances were made by those (who wish to remain un-named), who were keen to try the very tricky course.

The first heat put the new Sideways Group 5 cars to the test, with a selection of Crapi's, Moby Dicks and Betas. The Crapi's appear to be the pick of the litter, filling the podium. Final race order was Art, Chuck and Bob.

The second heat included a real bang up with Trans-Am racers. After 199 laps of rubber trading the first two cars were literally separated by inches. Final race order was Chuck, Bob and Art.

Looking forward to the East coming West!

Comment

Working...
                              X