Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Club Advice Needed!!!!

G'Day Eh!
    From the beautiful Ottawa Valley, I bring to your attention the possible opening of a NEW, Fresh Club based out of Arnprior, Ontario.

I am looking to set up shop which will eventually house 2 Competition tracks, 1 Drag Strip, a couple rec tracks for passers by, Plus I will be stocking all things Slot cars, like parts, accessories, cars, kits, etc...

I have come to you fine folks to formally introduce myself, and ask for absolutely any advice you can throw at me, such as:

-Wholesale suppliers in Canada, or those who ship to Canada
    -any associations I need to be aware of that I should be following or become a member of If I am going to be holding weekly and monthly competitions.
    -anything else related to the slot car racing industry would be greatly appreciated from you fine folks!

Thanks
    TRS2015!

Hi, it's probably worth talking to Ron at Racehaven in Brampton. And Alan at 132Slotcar pretty much knows everything, this is his site. 1.253.255.1807 is his direct line.

to SCI, and best of luck with your club!

Comment

Hi Welcome , I'm just outside Ottawa in Russell , we race every Thu. nights 6 guys , 112 foot track , 33 cars in the house , having a ball , will be looking forward to more news from you , Ron
      PS Slot car corner , Christian is fantastic to deal with , he is based in Que City ,

Comment

Originally posted by ron.r View Post
        Hi Welcome , I'm just outside Ottawa in Russell , we race every Thu. nights 6 guys , 112 foot track , 33 cars in the house , having a ball , will be looking forward to more news from you , Ron
        PS Slot car corner , Christian is fantastic to deal with , he is based in Que City ,
        Thanks for the input. Nice to meet you and hope to have a club meet one day

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
          Hi, it's probably worth talking to Ron at Racehaven in Brampton. And Alan at 132Slotcar pretty much knows everything, this is his site. 1.253.255.1807 is his direct line.

Thanks WCR, I will be sure to check them out and send a friendly hello

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post

Thanks WCR, I will be sure to check them out and send a friendly hello

Comment

Hi TSR, welcome.

One thing you may want to consider when speaking with Alan is to ask about becoming a paid sponsor here at SCI if you club is to be a commercial venture. This would give you the ability to advertise your wares here at SCI and would help Alan to keep this site "on the air" as it were.

And Wet is right, having a word with Alan would be a wise move. He not only owns this site but has been in this business longer than anyone I know. He knows pretty much everything about and everyone involved in this hobby. He can give all sorts advice on what it takes to survive in this business and from my experience is always more than willing to share. I would venture to say that what he doesn't know about slot cars isn't really worth knowing.

He's a real stand up guy.

Gord

ps. Alan, I expect that check will be in the mail shortly, yes?

Comment

Get SUPER TIRES on your radar.

Comment

I love your enthusiasm! Welcome aboard!

Just be careful and speak to as many people in this Canadian hobby scene as you can before making any legal commitment...

You need to identify and target the right demographic first and make your facility cater to them if you plan to survive longer than a year. It is a rough go for most in Canada and the U.S.... margins aren't there unless you have second interests to help float a facility...

I would be happy to talk. I manufacture slot car 'stuff' and sponsor SCI and we have a strong private club group which you can find on my website at
                  www.darthobbies.com and www.r32.ca
                  ...call me... 416 721-3756

Cheers! Art

Comment

Working...
                  X