Brant's Hatch - 1:24 Club - Toronto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reminder, Friday racing

just a reminder that Friday Dec 9th is a non-points open house race night, pre - Christmas get-together

see you tonight

Comment

• Dec 9th race night

thank you to everyone that made it out to our Christmas Fun night, I think this was the first time we were able to put together a December event in many years ( they have always been cancelled do to weather ! ) Lots of beautiful vintage cars hit the track for some parade laps, a lot of interest in these cars, we will definately put together an actual race for this class at future events.

we had an IROC style race with the Rental/Party cars and the win went to Peter :

thanks as always to Brant & Dianne for letting us into their home, 2011 was a great year of racing and spending time with friends.

I will see you all for Nascar & E.J.'s Midgets on January 6th, have a very merry Christmas & Happy New Year !

Comment

• Originally posted by challenger View Post
        thank you to everyone that made it out to our Christmas Fun night, I think this was the first time we were able to put together a December event in many years ( they have always been cancelled do to weather ! ) Lots of beautiful vintage cars hit the track for some parade laps, a lot of interest in these cars, we will definately put together an actual race for this class at future events.

we had an IROC style race with the Rental/Party cars and the win went to Peter :

thanks as always to Brant & Dianne for letting us into their home, 2011 was a great year of racing and spending time with friends.

I will see you all for Nascar & E.J.'s Midgets on January 6th, have a very merry Christmas & Happy New Year !

Jim ,When you folks have a "vintage" race, I would love to beg an invite.
        Cheers
        Chris Walker

Comment

• I will keep you in the loop Chris, this was a last min. idea and everyone showed a big interest in it, something will be put together for the new year.

Thanks, Jim
          Last edited by challenger; 12-10-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• racing tonight !

Nascar

Midgets

food

cold pop,

and some good people

see you soon , it will be about 400kms in the Korean Ferrari to get there today , hope I can stay awake !

Comment

• results from Jan 6th, 2012

E.J.'s Midget class :

Terry Dalton Jim Toye Justin M.

Terry hits the top of the podium with a loaner, Jim second and Justin with a loaner also rounds up the podium with third

Nascar class :

Terry Dalton Peter Czerwony Victor Czerwony

Chevy's across the board
              Last edited by challenger; 01-06-2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Jan 27th - next event

Just a reminder, the next race night is Jan 27th, we will be running Sports Prototype & Productions Sports classes. Also, Brant has suggested trying to fit three classes in, if we get started on time the rental cars can be run as well. What I would like to see is all practicing done at the beginning of the night then race the classes one after the other.

* thank you to Terry for installing the catch walls around the corner areas, we saw a few cars get saved from a trip to the floor last night.

Comment

• Thanks to Jim for the use of the reading glasses as I forgot mine at home!

Comment

• this Friday, Sports & Sports

We have completed the first round of the classes and start the second round this Friday, Jan 27th with Production Sports (IMSA) and Sports Prototype. I talked to Chuck Ingram yesterday and he is looking forward to joining us, he is doing well and will be attending as a spectator.

Here's the standings :

1st Terry ( 55 pts ) 2nd Jim ( 40 pts ) Victor ( 37 pts ) 4th Brant ( 29 pts ) 5th Peter ( 27 pts )
                    6th Kevin / Gord (*tie 17 pts ) 7th Gary ( 13 pts ) 8th Justin ( 11 pts ) 9th Joe.S ( 9 pts )
                    10th Scott / Brock (*tie 6 pts )

Defending 2 time champion Terry Dalton has a commanding lead part way into the season followed by 4 time runner-up Jim Toye ( twice by one point ! I feel like Carl Edwards x 4 ! - not a good feeling ) 2 time champion Victor Czerwony is turning up the heat in 3rd place with some new builds

We have several new members this season, great to see this, they are showing up with some beautiful cars and catching on to the racing quite quickly.

Hope to see everyone on Friday
                    Last edited by challenger; 01-21-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• all systems are "go"

Brant has confirmed this Friday's activities :

Sports Prototype
                      Production Sports

Please confirm attendence ( * rumours are circulating regarding "special guests" - should be a good turnout )
                      - maybe a few road course ringers ?

( I have also learned that slotcar racing is not complete without JuJu beans, I will pick some up at Costco )
                      Last edited by challenger; 01-26-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Jan 27th Sports cars

Sports Prototype :

Jim Toye Victor Czerwony Peter Czerwony

some very high number of laps in this one !

Production Sports :

Jim Toye Terry Dalton Justin M.

the Corvette was the meat in a Ferrari sandwich for this one - the big story, Justin M. hitting the podium in third after some mad thrashing on his new Ferrari, look out for this car, the times were getting faster & faster towards the end as the brand new motor began to break in.

see you next time
                        Last edited by challenger; 01-27-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Thanks

I have to send out thanks to a few people:
                          Jim for the extra lead & flux - Handles great now!
                          Brant for letting me arrive a bit early to work on my setup and
                          Chuck for the bigger soldering iron to install that new motor.

See you next month.

Comment

• something to think about

at the last race night Brant mentioned that he would like to put together a Saturday BBQ event in the spring and hold a E.J.'s Midget 250 lap race ( as a Ted Howes Memorial event ) I suggested that we also include a retro class as there's been quite a bit of interest. So, give it some thought, we can come up with some popular classes or just have a "run what ya brung" classic retro race.

message me if you have some ideas

Thanks, Jim

Comment

• Short-Track & Modifieds return to the 'Hatch

This Friday, February 24th will see, and hear, the thunderous electric roar of Short-Track cars, followed by the ever popular Modified class races.

As always, please confirm attendence with Brant. Brant will also debut the design for the logo for the club hats. We all know we have the coolest 1/24 club in the GTA, now everyone else will know when we walk by them proudly displaying our head gear !

See you all on Friday !

Last edited by challenger; 02-20-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• drive safe tomorrow guys, apparently 'ol man winter is dropping the hammer on us !

see you when I get there

Comment

Working...
                                X