Michigan 5th annual 24 hour race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 5th annual 24 hour race

We will be holding the Michigan 24 Hour race again this year.
    I am posting the rules and dates to the race now if you any questions please ask, try to post them so that everyone can read reply if one person has a question odds are that someone else will have the same question. This is a first come basis. Last years teams have first chance to fill a spot. You must let me know that you intend to participate in the race and I must have received your down payment by December 15th. After that date it is first come first served. If you think you would like to enter in the race this year but have not participated please let me know as soon as you can and I will place you on the list of possible teams. As of right now I know we have at least three teams returning.
    I will not make any rule changes after January 1ST, if a rule is change I will highlight it in yellow so that it is obvious to everyone.

Dates : March 21ST-22ND. Race starts at 10:00 AM. I will open the track at 8:00am that morning or earlier if needed.
    The track will also be open the Friday before the race at 9:00. If you would like more time please let me know and I will try to work with you.

Cars: LMP, Modern GT, Daytona Prototype.
    Location 7746 Clyde Road
    Fenton MI 48430
    Phone : 248-931-3930
    Entry fee $40.00 per team member all teams must have at least four drivers.
    Food and Drink we will have food and drinks through out the race.

Clover Leaf Racing
    7746 Clyde Road
    Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A.
    313-473-SLOT
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fjwjwdokrqyi ... .docx?dl=0

Count us in.

Let me know where to send the deposit.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Event poster

Comment

Great looking poster......

Thanks Tim Gabor....
        Last edited by Oscar Racing; 03-17-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Certainly is, there are some artistic types in our hobby for sure.

Any idea how many teams will be competing this year?

Comment

This year there are 6 teams and each one is donating to a charity of choice from the donations received from the Slot Car Racers Giving Back raffle.

I would like to post on the event, but I am not sure it is worth the effort. I know that some of the other racers have become very apprehensive about posting (or just simply quit viewing) on SCI due to a very aggressive group of thread hi-jackers who like to post negative and insulting comments unless you subscribe to their point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar Racing View Post
              I would like to post on the event, but I am not sure it is worth the effort. I know that some of the other racers have become very apprehensive about posting (or just simply quit viewing) on SCI due to a very aggressive group of thread hi-jackers who like to post negative and insulting comments unless you subscribe to their point of view.
              Whether you choose to post or not is entirely up to you.

If anyone thinks that inappropriate or aggressive posts should be addressed, all they have to do is report them (that Red Triangle with the Black Exclamation Mark thingy) and there will be someone along to moderate as necessary in short order; I don't think anyone should be reluctant to post in any forum from fear of what others might say - sometimes it's best to be a bit thick-skinned, and keep a sense of humour.

I know you've mentioned an Alzheimer's charity as being one of those chosen (worthy indeed, and something that many of us are increasingly being made aware of in our own lives) - what are the others, from interest?

Comment

Leaving from New Hampshire right after work tonight (or about 1am) for the 600+ mile ride across New York, thru Niagara Falls into Ontario, and on into Michigan. Trip usually takes about 14 hours with stops for food and rest room breaks, but not sleep. Sleep will be taken care of when we get to the hotel.

Comment

Team Slot Car Corner has chosen Shriner's Hospitals for Children.
                  Clover Leaf Racing has chosen Alzheimer's.
                  Cincinnati Slot Rods has chosen EndNFwithTravis.

We'll see what the other teams have chosen once we get there.

There's now well over $1000 in prizes, with many many great cars on the list. Slot Car Corner, Clover Leaf Racing, Slot Car Corner Canada, Professor Motor, slot cars racers (Oscar Racing, Almafan, etc.) and other sponsors have contributed to this raffle.

Great stuff!

See everybody soon. We'll be leaving Québec QC tomorrow afternoon for the long trek to Fenton MI.

Christian

Comment

Be safe on the roads out there!

Comment

Bon voyage les amis!

Comment

It's 5am and we just got thru Albany, NY. Now having breakfast at Roy Rogers....

Comment

Did they have Canadian bacon?

Comment

No, New York bacon. It was good.

Just got thru Ontario, now in Michigan...

Comment

Cool. How's the weather?

Best of luck in the race, Dickie!

Comment

Working...
                              X