Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Rees Reaches 500 DHORC Club Nights!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Rees Reaches 500 DHORC Club Nights!

I could write a whole book on what Phil Rees (seen here in 1995) has done for DHORC since he first picked up a hand controller at the inaugural Le Mans 24-hour race in June 1992. Had he not decided to join the club at DHORC 1 on 7 July 1992 when we ran on a four lane version of Cadwell Park I honestly cannot say whether DHORC would still be here today!

All successful organisations need a strong team behind them. We have been very lucky over the years to have some superb Club Members who have and continue to help through thick and thin. Phil has however led the way in all technical decisions and has been inspirational in guiding DHORC through some tough times. Even when on the odd occasion I have arrived at a Club Night not firing on all cylinders it has been Phil who has ensured the evening goes off without a hitch. I have run the 11 meetings he has missed but more importantly he has run all 54 I have missed.

Thank you Mr Rees from the bottom of my heart you are a true friend and an incredible role model to all.

Below, DHORC Club Secretary Cliff Roythorne presents Phil Rees with his DHORC 500 Fossil watch at the start of the Rockingham weekend.

Cheers
    Nick

Congrats, Phil!

He looks quite different without his glasses.

Comment

Working...
    X