• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrFlippant
    started a topic Slot.it Classics Series Specs

Slot.it Classics Series Specs

Brand: Slot.it
    Type: Classics (see appendix for complete list)
    Min Weight: 60g
    Max downforce: 10g (motor downforce only)
    Magnet location: No traction magnets.
    Rear Tires/prep: Slot.it F22, Part# PT27 or PT1207 are both acceptable. May be glued and trued. Prep allowed as long as tires are dry and non-tacky on race day. Must be within fenders when viewed from above.
    Voltage/Power%: 11v when variable, or 80% max power on fixed voltage tracks

Front tires/prep: stock tires may be glued, trued, and coated for zero friction. Zero grip tires from slot.it allowed.
    Added weight: no more than 10g total added ballast, any substance in any location.
    Guides: Stock
    Braids: Stock
    Wiring: Stock
    SSD Chip: ANY SSD compatible chip allowed. Slot.it SP15b recommended.
    Chassis: Stock. May be sanded for float. Max gap .5mm
    Screws: Stock screw, must be taped over if loose to prevent loss into slot.
    Gearing: Stock (11/32)
    Motors: Stock (orange can)
    Pods: Stock (Sidewinder configuration)
    Wheels: Stock
    Axles/Spacers: Allowed, but all wheels/tires must be within fenders when viewed from above.
    Interiors: Stock. Min mods needed to fit chip allowed. Material removal for weight reduction not allowed.

Race Format: Heat racing with step-up. Full racing simulation using RCS64 including damage/repairs and false starts.

Appendix A: Model List
    Matra MS670: CA27a, CA27b, CW18
    McLaren M8D: CA26d, CA26c, CA26b, CA26a
    Ford MK II: CA20c, CA20b, CA20a, CW10
    Ford GT40: CA18d, CA18c, CA18b, CA18a, CW16, CW09
    Chaparral 2E: CA16b, CA16a, CW08
    Alfa Romeo T33/3: CA11h, CA11g, CA11f, CA11e, CA11d, CA11c, CA11b, CA11a
    Ferrari 312 PB: KF01a, KF01b, KF01c, KF01d, KW01
    White kits (with rtr chassis) or White Body Kits (body only) are also available for most models, if you want to do a custom livery.

• docdoom2
    replied
    so how did the 1st race go? just put a McLaren togather today and it is a dream to drive. installed a f1 chip and didn't have to chop or grind a thing. changed the braid to soft copper and little lead in the nose. works great with the stock tires even.

Leave a comment:

• docdoom2
    replied
    ok see you then.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Yep. Looks like we'll be leaving town around noon, so probably be there between 2 and 3.

Leave a comment:

• docdoom2
    replied
    yea I'm not sure why either. might have to repaint the lane changers area that cause shorts again. you still heading down on the 21st? posted my track on the NASTE Weekly Events Calendar and forum. see how that goes. might just have a full grid.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    That is strange. I'd never had any problems with my original SP12 chips without a ferrite man on the guide, either. Definitely need one on the motor, but not the guide... at least, I haven't so far, knock on wood.

Leave a comment:

• docdoom2
    replied
    Really I had nothing but problems till I installed them on my slot chips.. might have to try the new b chip and see if it is still a problem

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    The slot.it chip does not need one. No problems.

Leave a comment:

• docdoom2
    replied
    I see that you dont use a ferrite man on the guild. no problems with id's lost?

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    The Slot.it SP15b chip is specially designed to fit. Some cars still need some mods to the interiors to make room for the tall parts of the chip, and some need modification of the chassis to put a new hole in or enlarge the existing hole for the LED.

There are photos of a few of the cars I did in the gallery on my web site:
    http://www.ggaub.com/slots/cars/Cars/
    Which folder to look at should be pretty apparent. ;-) I haven't uploaded pics of my Chaparral yet, though.

Leave a comment:

• docdoom2
    replied
    were are you putting the chip on these cars? not a lot of room in front of the pod.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Discovered during our test and tune that older and newer cars have some minor differences. As such, the following are allowed on all cars:

1) set screws OR eyelets for the guide wires

2) nickel plated OR plain copper braid

3) front axle risers can be removed to allow front wheels to touch the track

4) bell end drive OR can end drive motors and pods. Offset and gearing must remain the same, though.

5) Evo OR regular motor pod

6) older guides may be replace with CH66 guide

7) I noticed some cars had poorly secured motors. Glue or motor fixing screws CH41 are allowed.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Thanks. One of our members was recently sold that car. Fortunately, it pretty much is a slot.it, so we'll probably allow it.
    Last edited by MrFlippant; 02-05-2016, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FantasyWorldHobbies
    replied
    What about this one same as the 312pb New version
    Policar Ferrari 312 PB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X