Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric BTCC Round Results And Standings 1,2,3,4,5

ROUND 1 SCALEXTRIC BTCC - FOSSUMHEIM

4 brave soul's made their way through the riggers of the snow and cold .
    well 3 made their way and 1 was shamed in to it . Round 1 of the BTCC
    cars , we decided on the short wheelbase Honda Civic and the BMW 125
    hoping to keep the performance as close as possible between the 2 . I
    was the only non R racer at the event going up against the likes of
    RamJet , Roger and Roy .

WINTER KING ; Car , finally , RamJet gave my Slot-It Ferrari 312 a
    nod . Running pretty much stock with everything on that came in the box
    except the N22 narrow rubber . The car ran strong with this weeks stage
    King dipping down to the low 7's . Roger lead things off clocking a low 7 of
    his own . Next up yours truly taking a tenth off Roger's best . Then RamJet
    the clubs Sunday driver digs down deep and pulls one out of the hat . Roy
    had his best performance in the King with a 7 of his own .

To RamJet , To Pat and To Roger

WINTER IROC ; Car's , RamJets latest IROC set , working all week
    even during the Super Bowl RamJet puts together 4 Slot-It Porsche 962's
    All running 7's like clock work . Just another great IROC race , sure we all
    had a off or 2 . Some early , some later in the heats and thats what made
    the difference at the end of the segment . A early thanks to RamJet for his
    latest addition to his IROC stable , Awesome !

To Pat , To RamJet and To Roger

SCALEXTRIC BTCC ; The plan was to step from some of the best Cars
    we race to something closer to Ninco Classic performance . Boy were we
    surprised . These little cars were great , they had all the closeness of the
    Ninco's but running in the low 8's , plus all kinds of 2 wheel cornering . We
    had plenty of 17 lap heats , same lap numbers as the Slot-It IROC cars . I
    can't find the results anywhere but it was a heck of a First Round .

To Pat , To RamJet and To Roger

To think I almost didn't show up

A big thanks to RamJet for getting the heat on early , to Roy and Donna for those
    awesome cookies ! And a thanks to all the R's for making it !

Next week to Vic's and Victory Lane

Till Then Pat
    Last edited by cartnick; 03-09-2019, 10:49 AM.

ROUND 2 SCALEXTRIC BTCC - VICTORY LANE

CANCELED DO TO LOTS OF SNOW !
    FOR AROUND HERE ANYWAY .

NEXT WEEK TO ALAN'S AND THE CENTER THURSDAY THE 21ST

Comment

10 days later

ROUND 2 SCALEXTRIC BTCC - SCALERACING CENTER

Well after 17 days away from the Track all 5 of us or was it 6 or even 7 ?
      dosen't really matter , hell we've had great nights of racing with 3 . Wow
      thats what I thought it was all about . Then I have to hear crap from a guy
      who when proxy race's come to his local tracks , rebuilds his cars cleans his
      tires with lighter fluid and only his , gets caught , laughs about it , then has
      the gall and arrogance to call himself Premier . Your actions speak so much
      louder than anything you have to say and yet you always have something
      to say .

Sorry ,

WINTER KING ; Car , we stepped from the ordinary and let Alan run one
      of his own . ScaleAutos latest and greatest , their newest chassis shod with
      the familiar Yellow Corvette GTLM . Pretty much stock except for the Scale
      Auto Red Stripped foamy's . As usual at the Center Alan gets to lead things
      off and clocks in a 8.9 . RanJet's next tenth off the pace , I'm a few 100th's
      ahead of RamJet . Roger and Vic get it back down in the 8.9's , Then Greg
      lights it up with a 8.8 .

To Greg , To Alan and To Roger

WINTER IROC ; Cars , A set of 6 Ninco 977 GT3 Porsche's shod with BRM
      rubber . A bit of Ninco hop out of the gates but they settled down smoothed
      out and gave us a pretty good race with the top 4 in the 60 lap count . Don't
      you hate it when you lose your skills for a fraction of a second , just once for
      just a blink and have no way to make it up . Well our steady racers covered
      the Podium in this one , Great run you guys .

To Alan , To RamJet and To Vic

SCALEXTRIC BTCC ; On to the series race . What can I say a bout these
      little cars .They compete like Ninco Classics , Neck and neck around the track
      even on , acceleration , speed , braking and cornering ( Alan might think a bit
      different on the cornering ) except their faster and very smooth . Scalextric's
      stepped up on this series . This was the race of the night as it was only 2 laps
      covering the Podium .

To Vic , To Roger and To Pat

STANDINGS AFTER 2 ROUNDS

SCALEXTRIC BTCC

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...1&d=1551068770

WINTER IROC

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...1&d=1551069523

WINTER KING OF THE HILL

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...1&d=1551068770

As always a big thanks to Alan who's probably the biggest reason most of us are racing .
      Thanks for the venue , your time and everything else you do for the hobby .

Next week we'll be racing at Bob's and the BrickYard .

Till Then

Pat
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cartnick; 02-25-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

ROUND 3 SCALEXTRIC BTCC - THE BRICKYARD

To Bob's and the BrickYard for the Round of the Scaley BTCC's . Was running a bit late
        with work and managed to get there around 7:00 so no warmup for for me but I was
        probably in better shape than the rest of the guy's . It was in the mid 40's down there
        with the track temp about the same . It took 2 race's for my hand to warm up .

WINTER KING ; Car , can't remember , I know RamJet led things off and posted 7.695 i was
        next with a 7.416 and feeling pretty good for about 30 seconds till Roger posts a 7.403 .
        then Greg takes it down to 7.3's , Vic to the 7.2's . They weren't done yet as our host ran
        last and clicks off a 7.136 . He must of been use to the temp . Anyway a great stage for
        Baba Loo .

1st to Bob , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Greg

WINTER IROC ; CARS , Bob's Slot-It Alfa 33/3's I think there stock with only N22's on the rims
        Good little cars and they gave us some good heats . Bob started to slip a bit or were the
        rest of us getting used to the cold . Vic took control of the classic Alfa's taking the win by
        3 laps over Roger but Greg lands in second with more bonus points .

1st to Vic , 2nd to Greg and 3rd to Roger

SCALEXTRIC BTCC ; To the Series Race once again the Honda's and BMW's gave us some
        great heat's and close racing . Another race that came down to staying in the slot . Bob
        started out super quick , Vic's always quick but again it's not always the quickest who
        lands on top . RamJet Led in the lap's but I grabbed the win with bonus points . My
        favorite type of win , 4th fastest lap in the lap department but squeaks it out . Bob
        completed his crumble landing in the cellar as I did in the IROC segment .

1st to Pat , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Vic

STANDINGS AFTER 3 ROUNDS

SCALEY BTCC

1ST - PAT , 2ND - RAMJET AND 3RD - ROGER

WINTER IROC

1ST - RAMJET , 2ND - PAT AND 3RD - VIC

WINTER KING OF THE HILL

1ST - PAT , 2ND - ROGER AND 3RD - RAMJET

Thanks to Bob for the racing , could you turn the heat on next time

Tonight we'll be at VIC's

Getting used to SCI's new format
        Last edited by cartnick; 03-04-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

ROUND 4 SCALEXTRIC BTCC - VICTORY LANE

To Vic's and Victory Lane for the 4th Round of the Scaley BTCC Car's . Missing the scheduled
          2nd round with the worst snow in years it was good to get Victory Lane back in the mix so quickly
          One of the classic layouts it gives it's own challenges , knowing one can't always go racing every
          heat . Discretion always plays a part at Vic's and when your in lane 4 cruse and collect mode is
          not a bad plan to follow (ask Vic and RamJet ) .

WINTER KING ; Car , RamJet offer's up a glimpse of our next Series With a can you believe it , a Yellow Ford
          GT40 . Set up for the Series shod with N22's and a little led in the front . I led it off wit a mid 7.1 one of 4
          in the Stage . RamJet followed with a low 7.1 of his own . Greg was next and the only one in the 6's , Vic
          another 7.1 Baba Loo joined the club .

1st to Greg , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to our host Vic

WINTER IROC ;
          Car's , Vic's Ninco Go Karts , turn up the power , all the way the brakes , down . Disconnect if
          you can cause that little open motor has plenty of them . With the Karts lined up for the start Homer noticed
          there's only about 3/16ths of a inch between the rear's . Doesn't say much for passing in the turns does it .
          It is easier than trying it in a IRL car cause they do hold track better than the longer cars . The racing was a
          lot of fun , a touch here and there and heat wins from every lane . I had a chance but a selfy in the last heat
          took me out of contention . A great race as only 5 laps separates the top 6

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Pat

SCALY BTCC ;
          To the Series race , after a Round at the BrickYard it was nice to be able to see the track . Still
          had to listen To Baba Loo but thats what makes Bob , Bob . (wouldn't have it another way) Again he started
          out pretty strong , I think he stopped by Russ's and picked up some pooty sweat , but pooty sweat doesn't
          work or last long on urathane tires . We heard a lot of excuses about weight and stuff but we know . It was
          a tough night for Homer to as we didn't have a spare series car car for him so he had to run a different car
          most every heat . He held up well with a couple heat wins of his own . Roy continues to improve , becoming
          one with his new controller ( Slot-It ) . Don't lose sight of the goal !

1st to Vic , 2nd to Pat and 3rd to Ramjet

STANDINGS AFTER 4 ROUNDS

SCALEXTRC BTCC

1st - PAT , 2nd - RamJet , 3rd - Vic

WINTER IROC

1st - RamJet , 2nd - Vic and 3rd - Pat

WINTER KING OF THE HILL

1st - Pat , 2nd - Greg and 3rd - Vic

Thanks to Vic for the racing , music and goods . I think a great time was had by all !

Next week it's to Blairs and Masenchamps

Pat

Comment

ROUND 5 SCALEXTRIC BTCC - MASENCHAMPS

To Blair's and Masenchamps for the 5th round of the Scaley BTCC Cars . I was looking forward to racing at
            Blair's all week , little did I know it would be a less than memorable evening for this one . Except for Roger
            staying at home with a bad cold it was a perfect group for this weeks round . 3 Racers and 3 Marshals what
            more do you need , if your into Racing .

WINTER KING ; Car , something new to the club , a ThunderSlot Lola . A out of the box ThunderSlot Lola
            stock stock stock , never run Lola . I led it off with a 5.6 and wasn't sure how I felt . Greg was next and I felt
            better , Vic topped me by 2 hundrent's and I still felt good . Then RamJet our Sunday driver took his turn and
            crushed us , a 5.2 ! Roy was next and showed he's getting used to his new controller poping off a 5.4 of his
            own . Blair landed on the final step with low 5.5 . Roy's first Podium , Great Job !

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Roy and 3rd to Blair

WINTER IROC ; Car's , Blairs set of Slot-It Matra's all Blue and White with a hint of Red , Green and Yellow .
            The cars were quick and even giving us some Great heat races . Most definitely the race of the night with
            only 3 laps separating the top 4 . Our host was the leader in the lap department but succumbed to RamJet
            who took it away with 1 more heat win . RamJet on his way to a possible Hat Trick ?

1st to RamJet , 2nd To Blair and 3rd to Vic

SCALEXTRIC BTCC ; The Series race wasn't that close at all with a bigger spread between 1st and 2nd
            than the top 4 in the IROC segment . Again some Great racing with some moronic off's by yours truly but
            for the most part some fun racing . The heat wins were spread pretty even across the board , Roy takes
            3 of his own . But as in the previous 2 segments The Sunday driver puts it to us and lands the evening's
            perfect night with a rare Hat Trick . Awesome Job Ramjet , Roy gets his first Podium and our host Blair
            lands on the Podium for his 3rd time of the night

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Blair and 3rd to Vic

STANDINGS AFTER 5 ROUNDS

SCALEXTRIC BTCC

1st Pat , 2nd RamJet and 3rd Vic

WINTER , IROC

1st RamJet , 2nd Vic and 3rd Pat

WINTER , KING OF THE HILL

1st RamJet , 2nd Pat and 3rd Vic

A big thanks to Blair , for the Great IROC race , for picking my ThunderSlot Lola for the King and of corse the Cookies !

Next week it's to Greg's and Rainier Raceway

Pat

Last edited by cartnick; 03-22-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

ROUND 6 SCALEXTRIC BTCC - RAINIER RACEWAY

To Greg's and Rainier Raceway for the 6th Round of the Scaley BTCC's , with the usual suspects on hand it was
              another perfect night of racing . All Segments , except for the IROC are up for grabs 2 points in the Series and just
              a tenth in the King . The last 2 Rounds should be one heck of a dog fight .

WINTER KING ; Car , RamJets Series winning Fly Racing Corvette , set to Series Spec's . RamJet led things off and
              posted a 6.899 . I was next off the pace by a tenth clocking a 6.904 . Then most everyone else showed how to race
              the Yellow and Blue Vette . Vic with a 6.7 , Greg a 6.6 and then Roger finds even more topping the stage with a quick
              6.577 . Great run Roger . With that run the top 5 are within 5 tenths in the standings .

1st to Roger , 2nd to Greg and 3rd to Vic

WINTER IROC ; Cars , Greg's NSR Classics , a P68 and his Gulf 917 . With the 68 running the inside lane it had a slight
              advantage in the first couple heats . After a off and over by the 917 the advantage was spotted with one of the 17's
              braids almost gone Greg took it to the pits for a re braid . After repairs the Porsche held it's own and made for some
              closer
              heats . In a rare occurrence the IROC race wasn't very close with all but RamJet leaving the slot at least once
              Vic
              was next best leaving the track one lap later than the next two .

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Pat

SCALEXTRIC BTCC ; On to the Series race , Well it seemed that the BTCC cars would meet their match somewhere in
              the venue rotation and Rainier Raceway was just that . R1's Thats it , the infamous R1 was a little more than the
              short and tall BTCC's could handle . I mean it's a simple fix , slow down but after 5 rounds of pretty forgiving
              racing the R1's were a different beast all together . They weren't the only corners to take a victim but a high %
              succumbed to the tight ones . That was the most I think I've seen with cars coming to rest on their side . Much
              closer in the series race with only 2 lap separating the top 2 .

1st to Greg , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Pat

STANDINGS AFTER 6 ROUNDS

SCALEXTRIC BTCC

1st Pat , 2nd RamJet and 3rd Vic

WINTER IROC

1st RamJet , 2nd Vic and 3rd to Pat

WINTER KING OF THE HILL

1st RamJet , 2nd Pat and 3rd Vic

Thanks to Greg for another great night of racing and all the goods

Next week it's to Vic's and Victory Lane

Pat

Side note , ever wonder the difference between Indy car and Formula 1 performance . Well with the Indy Cars racing at the
              Circuit Of The America's this week we have a chance to
              compare some lap times .

2018 , Formula 1 - Pole , Louis Hamilton 1:32.237

2019 , Indy Car - Pole , Will Power 1:46.017

Formula one , over 13.780 seconds quicker , Power would have qualified 11 seconds slower than 20th on the F1 grid .
              Last edited by cartnick; 03-24-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X