Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot-it classics

ROUND 1 SLOT-IT CLASSICS - VICTORY LANE

To Vic's and Victory Lane for the first Round of the Slot-It Classics . We haven't run these sense for 3 years
    now and after the first race we all realized it's been far to long . The GT 40 was the most common with three
    on the grid . Add a Matra MS670 , Ferrari 312 and a McLaren M8D you have pretty good representation for
    the class .

SPRING KING ; Car , Vic gave my NSR Abarth S2000 the nod . With 2 Series on the rear's Super grip's The
    car was sitting a little low but was still a quick runner . Last Series Champ RamJet lead it off nearly clipping the
    7 second barrier . Greg continued his late series surge taking it down just under 3 tenth's , I was a tenth off Greg's
    best .Vic ended up between Greg and I , then Roger tested the 6.7 waters 4 one thousandth's behind Greg .

1st to Greg , 2nd To Roger and 3rd To Vic

SPRING IROC ; Vic's EVO2 powered Saturday Night Special's . We might have to think about running these
    soon . What a blast , Pro Slot GT2's , Vic's IROC set all Porsche's and all close . The Red car in lane 4 carried
    a slight speed advantage which helped it keep up with the others . The Yellow car in Lane 1 started out a little
    off the pace but after Roger raised some eyebrow's with his first go it became more about the outer run of the
    lane than the car . Lane 2 was the toughest of the 4 but a great race indeed . For the second week in a row 1st
    and 2nd tied in laps and heat points . For the second week in a row I was on the loosing end of the tally , 2 heat
    wins behind Roger .

1st To Roger , 2nd To Pat and 3rd to RamJet

SLOT-IT CLASSICS ; A three year wait and it was worth it , I love these car's . After the first heat it was obvious
    Vic's McLaren was the car to beat finishing a lap ahead of 2nd . Im' not sure if Vic let off the rest of the night or
    if the others just caught on . At the beginning of the second minute with Vic out of sight my finger lost it's talent
    as I left the slot at the end of the main straight . That ended up being the difference in Round 1 . One of the 3 GT
    40's made it to the Podium , Though Greg's Matra was fast he did have soom teething moments racing it for the
    first time . Roger Clark's Ford was quick and probably was the fastest of the night 1 or 2 , to many off's , not all his
    own . He made a lot of the heat's tence and breath holding . One heat Roger , Vic and myself were neck and neck
    for all of the first minute , at the end of that 60 seconds we all took a collective sigh . Thanks you 2 !

1st to Vic , 2nd To Pat and 3rd To RamJet

Once again thanks to Vic for a great Series opener , I hope it continues .

It will be a wile for next Thursday we'll be at the Center helping Alan with the Slot-It Proxy . I'll have Pizza and
    Suds on hand !

Pat
    Last edited by cartnick; 04-14-2019, 12:02 PM.

Did I miss the schedule for this series? Can't seem to find it.....

Thanks,
    Blair

Comment

It's there now Sir

Comment

SLOT-IT PROXY - SCALERACING CENTER - 6 LANER

Stepping away from the Series Race for a week to give Alan a hand with the Slot-It Proxy . 6 Racers , 6 lanes and 17 Qualifiers
        We through in a club Group C car to assure no one would be running in dirty lane and best of all the club loaner wasn't a factor
        in any aspect of the event . It was a great time and a very competitive event with some of the slower qualifiers finding pace for
        the race . For the most part we put the racers in the proper lanes to make it as equal as posable and I believe we were spot on .
        With the race finishers and the racers totals within single digit's . With only 8 laps top to bottom with the Cars and 7 with the
        Racers . Thanks to all of you for your time and fingers .

Next week we'll be at RamJet's for the Second Round of the Slot-It Classics

Pat

Comment

Pat
          Thank you and the EMSA team for pitching in. Look forward to the results and most of all happy Easter to all...
          Aloha
          Dale

Comment

Well Dale it was a good round , I'll let Alan have the honors on the results . All I can say is The Yellow and Blue McLaren F1 was the car to beat and
            a Orange 962 was hot on it's heels .

We all enjoyed running your cars , Pat
            Last edited by cartnick; 04-23-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

ROUND 2 SLOT-IT CLASSICS - FOSSUMHEIM 2

To RamJet's for the Second Round of the Solt-It Classics . After a week off it was good to get back to
              Series racing . It had been far to long as John Q makes his way back to the fray . Hadn't really missed
              a beat and shows up with a pretty quick GT40 . If the tires would have been glued and trued he my
              have been in line for a Podium .

SPRING KING ; Car , With a side step from the norm RamJet selects Roy's 1957 Chevy , Carrera and
              we all get put to the test of keeping it on all 4's and off of it's roof . I failed and most everyone followed
              suit . Greg led things off and clocked in a 10.29 , Vic slips in 3 hundredths to the good , I stumble flat
              on my face with a 10.41 . The Sunday driver's up next and I guess thats how one has to run a 57 chevy
              RamJet lowers the bar by nearly a tenth to land on the top step of the Podium .

1st to RamJet , 2nd To Vic and 3rd to Greg

SPRING IROC ; Car's , RamJet rolls out his new set of Slot-It Group C's . I could be wrong but I think it
              was 3 Porsche 962's and a Jaguar . Some great heats and some early offs for most of us . Greg found
              his finger and never left the slot . The rest of us battled for the last 2 steps . Except for Greg it was a
              pretty close with only 1 lap separating the next 3 spots . John Q tying RamJet in Laps , missing
              third by place points , still a nice comeback .

1st to Greg , 2nd To Pat and 3rd To RamJet

SLOT-IT CLASSICS ;
              The series race was kind of the same with one racer dominating the event
              This time it was Vic's turn as his McLaren took us all to school . Another great race for second
              place . With it coming down to just one lap for the runner up spot . The Classics are a ton of fun
              and always give us some close racing . Vic's 2 for 2 so far and has the car and finger to beat !
              Who's going to be able to give him a challenge before he runs away the Series .

1st To Vic , 2nd To RamJet and 3rd To Pat

STANDINGS AFTER 2 ROUNDS

SLOT-IT CLASSICS

1ST VIC , 2ND RAMJET , 3RD PAT

SPRING IROC

1ST PAT , 2ND GREG , 3RD RAMJET

SPRING KING OF THE HILL

1ST GREG , 2ND VIC , 3RD RAMJET

Thanks to RamJet for a fun night of racing , to Roy for the extra goodies - yum

John it was good to see you , hope you make it back for more !

Next week it's to Bob's and the BrickYard

Pat

Comment

ROUND 3 SLOT-IT CLASSICS - THE BRICKYARD

To Baba Loo's and the BrickYard for the 3rd Round of the Classic's . A little racing and a whole lot
                of
                trash talking but I wouldn't have it any other way . Baba Loo was in rare form sharing some of
                his racing secrets and informing the rest of us to be on the look out . For what I'm not sure but at
                the BrickYard one should be ready for just about anything .

SPRING KING ; Car , Bob showed a lot of interest in my Thunder Slot Lola and chose to give it a
                try . Greg still holding on to the top spot leads it off . This time the tires are trued and glued , what
                a difference a little time on a car makes . Still stock tires but very good off the shelf . Greg post a
                6.652 , RamJet's 5 hundredth's off the pace , 4 behind for Vic . I'm next and found a tenth , Roger
                finds 4 thousands quicker than my best . Bob guaranteeing a victory misses the Podium by 2 one
                hundredths .

1st to Roger , 2nd to Pat and 3rd to Greg

SPRING IROC ;
                Cars , Bob's Slot-It Group C set . Four Porsche 962's shod with ScaleAuto Yellow
                striped foamy's . After the first heat restart the cars found their tires and ran strong . Unforced off's
                were once again the story of the segment . This week Vic stayed a way from the danger of the rest .
                Usually the IROC segment is pretty close but the last couple weeks we're seeing some gaps at the
                end . 6,7,5 and 5 laps separating the top 4 . Hope that changes tomorrow . Baba loo's 0 for 2 .

1st to Vic , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Greg

SLOT-IT CLASSICS ;
                So who's going to knock Vic off the winners block ? I remember Baba Loo and
                Roy taking a swing or to . I had a good start , might of even had the lead after 2 rotations but but got
                caught up in racing in the gutters . Not a good thing to do at the BrickYard . Bob's car was super quick
                ​​​​​​​out of the blocks but the finger couldn't match it's performance . RamJet had a rough night as he had
                several ​​​​​​​encounters with a maroon GT40 . It sucks to be in the wrong place at the wrong time , been

there done that . Another race with large gaps , 8 and 8 for the Podium and Vic's still standing ! Oh
                and Bob 0 for 3 .

1st toVic , 2nd to Pat and 3rd to RamJet

STANDINGS AFTER 3 ROUNDS

SLOT-IT CLASSICS

1st Vic , 2nd Pat , 3rd RamJet

SPRING IROC

1st Pat , 2nd GREG , 3rd RamJet

SPRING KING OF THE HILL

1st Greg , 2nd Pat , 3rd RamJet

Thanks to Bob for a pretty fun night of racing and all the trash talking , it's the best !

Next week it's to Lacey , Dan's and Cascade Raceway . Leaving hear around 6:00

Pat

Last edited by cartnick; 05-06-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

ROUND 4 SLOT-IT CLASSICS - CASCADE RACEWAY

South on I-5 to Dan's and Cascade Raceway for the 4th Round of the slot-It Classics . We missed Cascade last Series
                  and it was good to get back on the 3 laner down in Lacey . One really doesn't realize how much it's missed until you
                  get back on it .The flow of the circuit the timing of the infield chicane and the twitch approaching the first left hander
                  leading one to the main straight . It's really good stuff !

SPRING KING ; Car , Roger's Slot-It McLaren F1 Longtail , Grey & Hot Pink , A beautiful liveried car and I believe to be
                  the same car Roger used in the Series . Nice performer but most of the GT's are . Greg leads things off again and posts
                  a pretty quick 5.196 , I'm next almost a tenth off the pace . RamJet's 2 thousandths behind me , Vic picks it up but still off
                  Greg's best . Roger slips in between Vic and myself . Time for the big boys , Dans up next putting his stamp on the King
                  a tenth quicker than Greg , then the young one follows Dads lead and lands on the second step of the Kings Podium .

1st to Dan , 2nd to Will and 3rd to Greg

SPRING IROC ;
                  Cars , Vic packed up his IRL IROC set for some open wheel fun at Cascade's . The cars and the racers
                  adapted well and gave us some close , competitive heats . Vic and I were able to keep our nose clean and stay out of the
                  way of others as most everyone else had at least one off . The IROC segment came back to the close race finish that it's
                  been in the past as Vic and I had the same laps , same # of wins and same position points . Vic takes the win with the
                  fastest lap of the segment .

1st to Vic , 2nd to Pat and 3rd to Roger

SLOT-IT CLASSICS ;
                  Vic comes in winning 3 of the first 3 rounds and looks like he's in a class of his own . This round
                  starts off the same as the last rounds Vic just a hair off the pace . Dan , Roger and myself out of the blocks
                  with speed . Greg's quick to . RamJet just staying back getting his laps . Dan and Vic's Tires are close but just
                  not quite right with lot's of chatter in the early heats . My tires seemed spot on for the first time in the series .
                  The 312 was smooth and silent . Going into the last rotation it was down to 3 racers . It was the end for me
                  having early offs in 2 of the last 3 . Vic was solid but the quite one goes for it in the final rotation landing 3 - 22
                  lap heat wins pushing Vic off the top step for the first time in the series . So it can be done !

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Pat

STANDINGS AFTER 4 ROUNDS

SLOT-IT CLASSICS

1st Vic , 2nd RamJet , 3rd Pat

SPRING IROC

1st Vic , 2nd Pat , 3rd RamJet

SPRING KING OF THE HILL

1st Greg , 2nd Pat , 3rd Vic

Thanks to Dan and the family for another great night of racing at Cascades . Hope to see you up north some time .

Next week it's to Greg's , Auburn and Rainier Raceway

Comment

ROUND 5 SLOT-IT CLASSICS - RAINIER RACEWAYS

To Auburn , Greg's and Rainier Raceway's for the 5th Round of the Slot-It Classics . Back to EMSA's
                    tightest venue , with no time to rest or relax . Last week RamJet was able to knock Vic off the top spot
                    with his first win in the series . Whats this week have in store ?

SPRING KING ; Car , with a glimpse of a future series Greg chose Rogers 3D chassis Carrera DTM .
                    Set up with the Slot-It 1mm angle winder pod , yellow flat 6 and foam tires . Quite a step up from the
                    stock version and looks to be a pretty quick racer . Greg led it off clocking a 6.516 I was next and stunk
                    it up stumbling in with a 6.880 . Vic with a 6.420 , RamJet follows with a 6.405 . I'm cringing as Roger
                    leaps to a 6.338 and Roy rounds out the field .

1st to Roger , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Vic

SPRING IROC ; Cars , a step back in time with a set of Ninco Classics . It's been a wile sense we ran
                    the Ninco's and I forgot just how hard one has to squeeze the trigger to get them to go . Fortunately we
                    ran 2 rotations and it gave us all a chance to catch on . The first couple racers running the Testa Rosa
                    in the outside lane left the slot in the middle of the infield chicane . The rest of us took notice and side
                    stepped the hazard . At the end it was nice to get back to a close race with only 2 laps separating the
                    Podium .

1st to Pat , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to RamJet

SLOT-IT CLASSICS ; On to the Series Race . With some early race miscues the door was open for
                    anybody to take advantage . The cars ran very well at the venue , handled the R1's with ease and
                    cranked out some high heat lap numbers . I think Roger might of hit 20 laps a time or 2 , 19 anyway .
                    Just some fast fun racing but like I said before I had a first heat first corner off then Vic had a main
                    straight launch into the turn 1 wall . Roger's car was super quick but , well you know . Greg had a
                    couple late off's , Roy's still moving forward with his racing , experiencing peaks and valley's but
                    keeping a positive attitude . ( hang in there ) Not sure whats up with RamJet he's getting pretty
                    racey and it's showing up in the results . Another close one with just 3 laps between the top 4 .

1st to Greg , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Pat

STANDINGS AFTER 5 ROUNDS

SLOT-IT CLASSICS

1st Vic - 2nd RanJet - 3rd Pat

SPRING IROC

1st Pat - 2nd Vic - 3rd RamJet

SPRING KING OF THE HILL

1st Greg - 2nd Vic - 3rd RamJet

Thanks to Greg for a fun night of Racing , for being a gracious host as always .

Next week it's to Blair's and this race , XLR's !
                    Last edited by cartnick; 05-19-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X