Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N S R Classics Round Results

ROUND 1 NSR CLASSICS - FOSSUMHEIM

August is upon us as we start the NSR Classic Series and as usual Round one is up the stairs to
    Fossumheim . Both sides of the venue were open with the fans ablaze doing the best to keep things
    cool . With the first 90 degree of the year it was a challenge but we've all ran in worse . Thanks for
    the extra effort RamJet .

L S KING ; Car , For the first stage of the Series RamJet chose Greg's McLaren 720S street car
    with a
    couple upgrades PCR chassis and F22 tires . Not a bad little runner , last series Champ Roger
    led
    it off with a 8.5 I was next 2 tenth's off the pace . Vic found his way back into the 8.5's . then Ramjet
    found a little more squeaking under the 5's with a 8.493 . Steve had a good stage for himself with a
    8.689 of his own . No bodies sweating yet .

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Greg and 3rd to Vic

L S IROC ;
    Car's , RamJet's Slot-It Group C set , The Heat must of started to take it's toll as in the
    first heat one of the racers didn't make it through the first turn . He ran several laps after and was
    running pretty good till he realized ( oops ! ) Been there done that . Things settled down after that .
    Some good racing with Vic taking the segment by 1 point . A great race with the top 4 racers all in
    the 50 lap range . It's starting to get kind of warm . Greg's hanging out around the fan and I'm doing
    my best to stay by the opening at the other side of the track .

1st to Vic , 2nd to Greg and 3rd to Pat

NSR CLASSICS ;
    This is the 4th time EMSA's run the NSR Classics . Their great cars and have given
    us some of the best racing in EMSA's existence . A new car has joined the ranks this time around as
    NSR introduced it's version of the Porsche 908/3 . I've always love the 908/3 so of course I had to have
    one . Spent a little time with it and from the performance from last week I have a lot more time needed !
    The 908 couldn't hang with the P68's who covered the Podium . Roger and Vic's Red 68's were dominit
    in the first round topping the rest in most every category . RamJet's 68 is just off the pace but RamJet
    stays in the slot and lands on the second step .

1st to Roger , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Vic

Thanks to RamJet for the racing and extra work on trying things cool

next week , The schedule says Dan's but that's in question . I'll keep you posted .

Russ has offered up R&S Raceway , Thanks Russell ! Let me know if there's anything I can do .
    Last edited by cartnick; 08-11-2019, 05:54 PM.

ROUND 2 NSR CLASSICS - R & S RACEWAY

Well Dan called RamJet and feeling under the weather thought it would be better to not host
    the second Round . Just a small bump as RamJet gave Russ a call and Russell gave the nod
    to run at R & S . ( thanks Russell ) The Club Loves racing at Dan's but R & S ain't a bad back
    up plan .

L S KING ; Car , we had some Great offerings and Russ picked a good one . Roger's Slot-It
    Audi R8 with the Slot-It Black flat 6 - 26k motor and White striped ScaleAuto soft foam tires .
    RamJet led off the assault with a 6.8 , Greg was next turning some heads dropping down to
    a 6.3 and Vic to a 6.2 . Roger was next and dropped jaw's with a blistering 6.079 . I was in the
    6.3 range and Russ was near the end of the Stage to set it with a 6.2 for the last step on the
    Kings Podium . Roger's car ran great super fast , good everything about 6 hundredths off the
    pace of Greg's winning stage with the Mr. Slotcar McLaren F1 GTR we ran the last time at R & S .

1st to Roger , 2nd To Vic and 3rd to Russ

L S IROC ;
    With the opportunity to run another fueled race the IROC segment was put on the
    shelf for a week . It will back in action at Baba Loo's on Monday Night .

NSR CLASSICS ; The Classics at Russ's in fueled race , should be a blast . After the first heat
    I was pretty excited to see Russ's 908/3 running in the lead . I had spent some time with my car
    over the week and hoped it had something to show for it . My first heat I was able to keep up with
    the 68's for a wile but I was in over my head and had to back it off a little . Miss fuel stops were the
    deciders once again . And we all know who dissent miss things like that . Once again marshaling
    was a issue but when we race crash and burn most the time it can be a challenge . Everything got
    better as the race moved forward . The human calculator Shows his stuff once again , this time
    topping the charts with 307 laps topping his last effort by 10 . Greg was second in laps using his
    own strategy , not listing to anybody and not missing a fuel window . RamJet lands second on
    the Podium with 7 heat wins .

1st to Vic , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Greg

STANDINGS AFTER 2 ROUNDS

NSR CLASSICS

1st RamJet - 2nd Vic - 3rd Roger

LATE SUMMER IROC

1st Vic - 2nd Greg - 3rd Pat

LATE SUMMER KING OF THE HILL

1st Roger - 2nd Vic - 3rd Greg

Thanks to Russ for stepping up and having us over on short notice . Appreciated by all !

Next week it's to Bob's and the BrickYard .

Comment

ROUND 3 NSR CLASSICS - THE BRICKYARD

To Baba Loo's and the BrickYard for the 3rd Round of the NSR Classics . One of my favorite feature's of
      racing at the BrickYard is going upstairs to listen to Bob's latest Hi Fi purchases . First thing I noticed was
      a big black tube amp with some tubes right out of a Si Fi movie with some BK medium sized speakers .
      For music coming off his phone it sounded pretty awesome . Got my audio fix , time to race .

L S KING ; Car , Bob thought it would be fun to run RamJet's Fly Racing Corvette . So did the rest of us .
      I think Roger started things off and found out there was something at the end of the back straight in lane
      2 . I haven't seen anything that slick sense Sween Dog cleaned his track with Armor All . Well we decided
      to leave it lie for the stage so we could all enjoy the thrill of leaving the slot . Vic was next 1 hundredth off
      Roger's best . I dipped or slipped down to the high 7.9's , RamJet dropped it even lower 4 hundredth's
      under me . Roy was rubbing shoulders with Vic and Roger . Then Bob was up talking smack as always
      and nearly pulled it off with the second best of the night .

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Baba Loo and 3rd to Pat

L S IROC ;
      Car's , Bob's brand spanking Scaley Classic NASCAR's 3 Chevy Monty's and a Ford T bird
      that looked like it had been washed in hot water and put in the dryer . The magnets still in , there was some
      high speed racing . First thing we had to do something about lane 2 . Bob through RamJet some sort of
      quick drying spray , soaked up some TP kneeled up on the track and went to work . Wa la , what ever it
      was , was gone . For the first couple heats the little T bird was getting beat up by the big Chevy's and the
      White kit Monty proved to be the class of the field . It was a different IROC race as the Podium finishers
      were all in the 70's and 4th and 5th in the 40's and Bob came back to earth with 36 .

1st to Vic , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Pat

NSR Classics ;
      908/3's , not sure what it is but mine sucked ! The rest of the field were all P68's . smooth
      and sleek Ford P68's . I kind of felt like a tortoise considering I was the only Spyder and stood taller than
      the others . My bar of soap had it's moments just to few and far between . It was fun watching all P68 heats
      and listing to Bob call out what and how he was going to take over in the second minute . I did have the joy
      of ending on of those myself . With RamJet and Bob both running the same livery it at times made for more
      smack talking and glorious fails through out the night . For me I guess the best thing about the series race
      was it might be the last on that configuration . Yep the BrickYard coming down the table getting turned and
      I'm hoping I'll be able to see all the track . Yea !

1st to Vic , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Roger

STANDINGS AFTER 3 ROUNDS

NSR CLASSICS

1st , Vic - 2nd , RamJet - 3rd , Roger

LATE SUMMER IROC

1st , Vic - 2nd , RamJet - 3rd , Pat

1st , Roger - 2nd , Vic - 3rd , Pat

Thanks to Bob , no matter what , it was a good time . Loved the call from Madeline , Baba Loo's daughter's in his corner !

Next week it's down to Kenny's ! That's code for Dan's - Enjoy boys !

Last edited by cartnick; 08-23-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

ROUND 4 NSR CLASSICS - FOSSUMHEIM

A last minute change as Round 4 moves to to RamJets and Fossumheim . I don't know much
        about the night as I was down south in big D . Way to hot for this Washington lad . Glad to be
        back .

L S KING ; Car , who knows ? I'm pretty sure Roger led things off with a mid 7 , Vic was next
        6 hundredths of the pace . Ramjet was next clocking in with a 7.6 , Greg landed between Vic
        and Ramjet . Roy was just off the pace .

1st to Roger , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Greg

L S IROC ;
        Cars , Trucks ? I guess RamJet rolled out his Fly Super Trucks . To my surprise it
        looked like Vic slipped a bit .

1st to RamJet , 2nd to greg and 2rd to Roger

NSR CLASSICS ; Like I said I wasn't there but RamJet gave me the skinny on the last heat .
        He said he was in lane 4 with Vic in lane 3 . In most instances RamJet is very cool headed
        but every once in a wile the adrenalin kicks in and look out . Turn one and contact ! Vic's cool
        to but well , I wasn't there .

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Greg

STANDINGS AFTER 4 ROUNDS

NSR CLASSICS

LATE SUMMER IROC

1st , Roger - 2nd , Vic - 3rd , Greg

RamJet steps up again and saves the day and a personal thanks for your help on the gains Sunday !

Next week it's Wednesday at Alan's and the Center !

Comment

ROUND 5 NSR CLASSICS - SCALERACING CENTER

Another Wednesday night at the Center Pizza , Sud's and plenty of fun . The Racing was close once again with
          one coming down to just feet at the end . It's always good at the Center .

L S KING ; Car , Alan gave my ScaleAuto Black Swan GT3 Porsche the nod and we're off and running .
          As we do with Alan at the Center , he get's to lead things off and most times it doesn't make a difference
          Looked to be the same old story as Alan clocks in with a 8.7 . Roger put that to rest taking it down by 7
          hundredths . Greg was up a tenth from Alan's lead off . My car , warmed up , 8.631 , RamJet a low 8.7 .
          Roy and Dan with a little stumble in the 9's

1st to Pat , 2nd to Roger and 3rd to RamJet

L S IROC ;
          Car's , 6 NINCO 997 Porsche GT3's . Running BRM shor 15 rubber . The Tires had been
          cleaned, prepped and ready to race . Heat 1 - beep ! only 5 car's heading down the straight , RamJet
          still sitting at the starting line . A quick fix and we're racing . The car's ran well on the big track and gave
          us some great heats . Running in the high 10's most the night 11 lap heats seemed to be the the number
          for most Roger was the only one to hit a 12 . Just 2 laps covered the Podium .

1st to Roger , 2nd to RamJet and 3rd to Alan

NSR CLASSICS ;
          You never really know how rubber shod car's are going handle the big sweepers at the
          Center . To much grip not enough , none ? This week the Super Grips had plenty , more than plenty for me
          as I couldn't keep my 908 in the slot dreading another tough night on the track . The P 68's looked to be the
          car's to beat . Then Alan made it to the track and kind of took things over for a couple heats running 19's in
          his first 2 heats . RamJet popped a 19 in lane 5 . My car came around in my last 3 heats hitting 19 in each
          to close out the main event of the night . For me it was to little to late finishing about 3 feet behind Roger .
          Roger was the consistent one this week , hitting 18 laps in all but 1 heat . 2 laps again separate the Podium .

1st to Roger , 2nd to Pat and 3rd to Alan

STANDINGS AFTER 5 ROUNDS

NSR CLASSICS

1st , RamJet - 2nd , Roger - 3rd Vic

LATE SUMMER IROC

1st , RamJet - 2nd , Roger - 3rd , Vic

1st , Roger - 2nd , Pat - 3rd , Vic

A big thanks to Alan for getting us in before heading south to Portland for their last race of the year .

A big Birthday bash on Friday the 20th at the Center as the Smith Family celebrate Special Day's for Alan , Julia and Trevor

Next week it's to Blair's and MasenChamps .

Comment

ROUND 6 NSR CLASSICS - MASENCHAMPS

To Blairs and Masenchamps for the 6th Round of the NSR Classics . Though it always takes a little time to get
            things going at Masenchamps it's well worth it as the venue always has the makings for some
            memorable heats
            and racing .

L S KING ; Car , Blair gave Greg's SRC Ford 2000 Rally Car the nod . Awesome little car that has it all . Speed ,
            brakes grip , if it had any issues it may of had to much acceleration or to quick on reaction as it took most of us
            a lap or 2 to adjust to it's performance . Roger led things off clocking in with a 6.4 i took it down a couple tenth's
            Vic was next seeking in just under 6.2 , Greg set the bar with a 6.101 . RamJet fell back into the 6.2 and our host
            finished the Stage on the last step on the Podium .

1st to GREG , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Blair

S L IROC ;
            Cars , Blairs , new to his fleet Revo Slot Vipers . Before things got started we took some time to clean
            the tires . Time well spent with the cars all performing at a high level averaging around 17 to 18 laps per heat . We
            had another great IROC Race with only 3 laps separating the Podium . RamJet is the consistent one as he stays in
            the slot and takes the win .

1st to RamJet , 2nd to Vic and 3rd to Greg

NSR CLASSICS ;
            Well , I'm 0 for to to start my night at one of my favorite venues , whats up ? Take a deep breath
            and stay calm . I watched for the first 4 heats , forgot about staying calm . In heat 1 Blair left the slot I can't remember
            if it was self induced or a take out , wait I remember I'm going to have to call the on you , Blair . He had a moment but
            ​​​​​​​settled down and ran strong the rest of the night . RamJet was himself , Roger Clark was super quick but had some
            offs at inopportune times . I don't have a clue what was up with Vic , well I do on one of them as I suffered the fate in
            the next heat . Hum ! RamJet dominates the Series Race , taking the win by 27 Laps . All and all it was a great night
            of racing as it always is at Blair's .

1st to Ramjet , 2nd to Blair and 3rd to Roger

STANDINGS AFTER 6 ROUNDS

NSR CLASSICS

LATE SUMMER IROC

1st , Roger - 2nd , Greg - 3rd , Pat

Thanks to Blair for a fun night of racing and to all who took part .

Next week it's down to Lacey and Cascade Raceway . We'll be heading down around 6:00

​​​​​​​For all you race fans I found a Race sight with all televised races and the stations the'll be on . It's tracer.com check it out

Comment

Working...
            X