Common Rules for the SoCal Home Tracks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Rules for the SoCal Home Tracks

I'm cutting and pasting the rules that Dennis Samson posted for his Pebblestone Track!! This will allow all the local racers to know what to expect when we race!! Thanks Dennis-- keep it simple and FUN!!! Let's RACE!!!
    Tim

Class and Rules clarification
    Following some email discussion, I thought I would post this here too, so everyone knows how we will be racing when next we get together at PMCC.

We have experienced a sharp learning curve in getting our cars to work and there are now two fairly separate schools of thought as to what people want to race. To accommodate everyone and still have fun without lots of rules and tech inspections, the following agreements will be in force at the next event when we run the plastic inline and angle/sidewinder cars:

1. If you want to run essentially stock cars, then leave the original motor, guide, gears, axles and wheels in the car. If you want to change tires then use Slot.it S2 compound if there is a choice, and whatever is available if there is no choice (like Indygrips for the BURT trucks). Added lead is OK, but no springs or magnet suspensions. And, let's leave the more esoteric silicones like Super Tires for the "Tuners". I would not want to restrict this to just Slot.it cars, as a few guys like to run Scalex, Monogram, Avant Slot, etc, as well.

2. If you want to "tune" then go for it, any motor, gears, guides, tires (including NSR or any other rubber), suspensions, whatever - just use the original frame for the car, use wheel inserts all round, or nice wheels like the CBD styles and make sure that everything is still underneath the body - no rollerskate wheels sticking out the sides please.

3. No separate races for now, we have too many nice classes to race already, so we'll run stock and tuned cars together and separate the podiums.

Of course, the popular PROC races will still be held, and for those, since everyone runs the same 3 cars there are no restrictions, we will choose cars that are as equal as possible. We will also continue to run scratchbuilts with Falcon 2/Slick 7 power, or any other motor with similar performance.

Now that this is out of the way, let's concentrate on continuing the fun!

Dennis

I am good with those. I will be running strictly the "stock" class for a while before I can start spendin on upgrades like fancy schmancy wheels/tires and exotic gearing and motors.

Comment

The only thing I'D highly recommend is getting "Super Tires" for all your race cars. In trying them both at my house and at Dennis Samson's--they seem to be the best tire I've tried!! The other tires that work very well--NSR's--but definitely have to be "glued and trued" and sometimes they make enough bite to chatter even with that. Super Tires thought are "THE BOMB"!!
      FWIW
      Tim

Comment

Tim,

Did you make it down to the 'stone today? How'd it go?

David

Originally posted by tim neja View Post
        The only thing I'D highly recommend is getting "Super Tires" for all your race cars. In trying them both at my house and at Dennis Samson's--they seem to be the best tire I've tried!! The other tires that work very well--NSR's--but definitely have to be "glued and trued" and sometimes they make enough bite to chatter even with that. Super Tires thought are "THE BOMB"!!
        FWIW
        Tim

Comment

That would be in the "Pebblestone Circuit" section!!! Always fun at Dennis's house!!! Thanks
          T

Comment

Race 3 of the 2011 GP de montana is in the books, and it was quite a day of racing. The cars got a real workout in terms of track time today, as we had a large number of people all wanting a chance to dirve these little gems.

I prepared all the cars, with a piece of white card attached to the motors to ensure that the lap counter triggered, and each car also had a folded card that was sued to designate where it stopped on the track in order to resolve ties if there were any.

Above is an excerpt from Dennis's report--below are the little F-1 cars we all drove in the "Proxy" race! VERY COOL looking cars---and some handled very well!! It was a fun day of racing!!
            T
            Last edited by tim neja; 12-05-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Tim
              Super Tires as in Silicone or the Yellow Dog eurathanes?

Comment

Super Tires---as in SILICON!!! I'd have said Yellow Dog if that's what worked!!

Comment

Working...
                X