May 5th Hillside Racing!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 5th Hillside Racing!!

We'll be racing May 5th on the Hillside. Come on out and have some fun with us!! Loaners are available so you don't need to have race cars--or bring and run what ya brung!! Emphasis on FUN along with some serious racing! Lunch included!!
    Enjoy spring weather with "patio racing"! !
    Tim

I can't make it Tim.... vacation back east for 10 days.

Comment

Sounds good, I will get it onto the calendar.

Comment

Okay--sounds like we have enough racers for a "Cinco de Mayo" race on the Hillside!! Confirmed so far are Dennis Samson, Mike Lowe, Phil Nyland, Mill Conroy, Dale Tanashita, Jay Kimbrough, John Olstrowski and Jim Wolfe are in too-- a few more and we'll have a really fun day. We'll be having a "Taco Bar" for the Mexican/Gringo holiday with Corona's available and the usual soda's, water etc.!! Come on down and race with us!!
        T
        Last edited by tim neja; 05-02-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Cinco de Mayo

Well---too many drivers absent to be able to race! We had Mike Low- John Olstrowski, Dennis Samson, Phil Nyland, and Jim Wolfe for 6-- but--Mike had to go to work at 1:30--that would have left us with 1 turn marshall--so we elected for a "Test and Tune" day!! Track was in excellent condition--bite is up nicely since we've had now 6 different race dates on it! I built some new 'WOMP" cars for 1/32 hot rods with TSRF motors that seemed to be very fun! Dennis, Phil, Mike, and John sorted out a variety of cars from Slot its, NSR, Scale Auto and others. I've also acquired some SCX PRO Nascars--these are going to make EXCELLENT IROC cars --Dennis found some "super tires" that fit on the wheels and the cars really worked well with both those and Phil's NSR tires that he tried off his Alfa Romeo!! These cars handle really well and have excellent motors. The design is strictly for racing but you can see in the pics they are also nicely detailed!

Thanks to Julie for a very nice Taco/ Tostada bar--brownies and chips and guacamole! You are the best love!!
          Thanks for all who came to play---BEAUTIFUL DAY--perfect 75 degree weather --none better for "Patio Racing"!!
          Come on down and play one day guys!!
          T

Comment

Sorry to miss the race but tomorrow I'll get to see my Dynamic Proxy car race at Speedzone!

Comment

Yeah --sorry you weren't here---but say Hi to Jay and Mike for me at Speedzone!! Those guys are the greatest!!
              T

Comment

Next up on the "Hillside Raceway" are the "PROXY" trucks with Barney and his crew!! They were a blast at the Pebblestone track of Dennis Samson's!! Now we'll see how they do on the higher speed Hillside circuit! Should be fun. Planning on running Sat the 30th. Come on down and check them out--we'll run other class's too! If you don't have a car dont' worry--we've got plenty of loaners--and we can run IROC races too!! Come have some fun!!
                T

Comment

Working...
                X