No announcement yet.

June 30th PROXY TRUCK AT THE HILLSIDE!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 30th PROXY TRUCK AT THE HILLSIDE!!

We're planning on running the Proxy Trucks at the Hillside on Sat the 30th of June!! Come on down and check out how well these babies run!! We call them "BURT" racing!! Butt Ugly Racing Trucks!! Should be big fun--we'll also run some other races as well. Got lot's of cars--come on down and race with us!!
    T

Hey Tim can you post this over Here as well.
    This is the truck Proxy section. I will post about a UStream of the event if you have the bandwidth to do it. I'll try to do a better job this time.

Comment

I finally get to come race at the Hillside. Daddy daughter obligations were last weekend so that makes me free to go play. Tim, email me your address and add me to the list for gate access.

Craig

Comment

Yes and Tim does have wireless so if everything works right we will UStream this event as well and maybe do a better job of showing drivers above the waist! HA!

Comment

I'll be tuned in if yous is on and I'm not working. Like to watch the bricks run.

Comment

Originally posted by HarVWallbanger View Post
            Yes and Tim does have wireless so if everything works right we will UStream this event as well and maybe do a better job of showing drivers above the waist! HA!
            Well, for a lot of us, showing us above the waist will reduce the bandwidth problem too.........

Comment

Allrighty---tomorrow is the "BURT" proxy race!! Let's have some fun and enjoy the big trucks!!
              T

Comment

A very fun day racing your Proxy Trucks!! Some of these really worked well on the bigger track!! There's some that are really fast that took advantage of the larger track and high bite. But the surprise of the day was truck #45 coming out of the slower "B" heats to WIN OVERALL!! It just did not qualify well on Red Lane--but ran very smoothly all day and the drivers were able to place it on the top of the podium!! All the trucks run very well--only a couple have "tilting" problems and guide problems that keep them from finishing well. All are capable of pretty fast laps--and all are well prepared. Love to get one entered in next year's race!!
                Tim

The "Trucks" after qualifying and getting ready to race!!

Comment

These pics show the trucks on the starting line---and the long downhill run into turn #1!! Then the "Drivers" pics show turn #2, 3, and #4 switchback into the uphill run through the "S's" and the donut back to the lead on and down the main straight again.
                  The final pic shows the top 3 trucks finish. I took pics of the finishing computer--but when I re-size the file to post--you can't read it!! Sorry about that!! I'm just not good at posting pics on this website.
                  Again--congratulations to all the builders---very fun day driving your trucks--and hope to join you next year with my own entry!!

The "Complete" order of finish is as follows---
                  #45 in 1st #1 in 2nd #78 in 3rd -- 4th-#6 5th- #68 6th- #14 7th- #21 8th-#26 9th-TIE- #5 & #34 11th- #17 12th-#3 13th-#2 14-#77 15th- #11 and 16th- #8

PS--in the "drivers" picture on the far end is Dennis Samson--then Jim Wolfe--Phil Nyland--and Craig Correa
                  And "Special Thanks" to Dennis Samson shown in front of Barney--without him the racing would not have gone as smoothly! He's the consumate organizing embassador of racing!!
                  Last edited by tim neja; 07-01-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

OKay--the only pics I have of the finish computer are here--hope you can see them. The first two pics of the "finish" trucks are of the slower "B" heats showing truck #45 coming out of the pack to lead the whole race. The last pic shows the faster "A" trucks and their times. There was a tie in total laps (88) for all three trucks on the podium--but where the trucks finished was recorded and awarded base on their track finishing postion!! Nice job to all the builders!!!
                    And the drivers' turns are a little dark--but show the tighter turns the trucks had to negotiate in front of the drivers after coming down the long hill from the start/finish line!! And of course--"Mad Max" Phil Nyland helping tune the trucks by cleaning the tires between heats!!

BTW---Truck #21 actually had the Fastest lap of the day --7.22--there were a couple of "riders" that got laps looking really quick-- we didn't have the "lock out" changed to a high enough lap time to catch that. #21 was also the fast qualifier-- but the smoothness of #45 allowed it to be driven best by all the drivers--and took it to the top of the podium. There was only a few feet separating the top 3 trucks--and all the racing was very tight. Shows good truck setups and good consistent drivers.
                    Last edited by tim neja; 06-30-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Tim can you post Qually times for all trucks over in the Truck post for the guys please.

Comment

Working...
                      X