Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's ready for scalextric trucks

I'm not
    Last edited by Uvebeenstrk; 12-01-2015, 09:17 AM.

I am not either...

but I will give it a drive anyway...

Scott

Comment

Super race action tonight with TRUCKS! Great stuff!

Comment

I will be "more ready" this week.

Made some adjustments. So now the truck have a bit more "attraction".

But now I don't have anything to hold notes on my refrigerator...

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by noddaz View Post
          Made some adjustments. So now the truck have a bit more "attraction".

But now I don't have anything to hold notes on my refrigerator...

Scott

Scott, you bring up an interesting point. I know that all of your current drivers are basically no mag racers but I wonder if some more people could be attracted and retained by an occasional magnet class and race? New people are the life blood of any type of business endeavor but even more so to a hobby like slot car racing where you have such a small base of support. A new racer could compete in a class with magnets where the learning curve is not as great and get comfortable and I am sure that some of them would eventually want to step up and run with the big dogs and take out their magnets or better yet, build a no magnet car. I have run both mag and no mag and find I like no mag better, however, the two clubs within 75 miles of me are both magnet clubs and I have learned to like that style of racing to the point of enjoying myself and my entry into Magnet Wars style of racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayberryman View Post
            Scott, you bring up an interesting point. I know that all of your current drivers are basically no mag racers but I wonder if some more people could be attracted and retained by an occasional magnet class and race? New people are the life blood of any type of business endeavor but even more so to a hobby like slot car racing where you have such a small base of support. A new racer could compete in a class with magnets where the learning curve is not as great and get comfortable and I am sure that some of them would eventually want to step up and run with the big dogs and take out their magnets or better yet, build a no magnet car. I have run both mag and no mag and find I like no mag better, however, the two clubs within 75 miles of me are both magnet clubs and I have learned to like that style of racing to the point of enjoying myself and my entry into Magnet Wars style of racing.
            That is the point of our tues night men's League its a fun night that helps new racers learn how to work on and tune the cars so eventually they can graduate to the Saturday races if the so choose

Comment

Speaking of Tuesday nights....
              Has anyone disscussed the schedule going forward?

Comment

Did someone say "Slot.it modern GT with magnet"?

Comment

I've always felt like there's a lot of pressure to race without magnets on tuesdays. Which is why it was a bolt out of the blue when the majority of the crew decided they needed magnets to race trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by burad View Post
                    I've always felt like there's a lot of pressure to race without magnets on tuesdays. Which is why it was a bolt out of the blue when the majority of the crew decided they needed magnets to race trucks.
                    Ya but u were quick to put it back in after u were calling us sissies weeks prior

But I felt Their would be lots of carnage and take some of the fun out of racing these lumbering beast that's just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Speaking of Tuesday nights....
                      Has anyone disscussed the schedule going forward?
                      Maybe u should have been their u would know these things

After trucks are done we start 1/24 carrera with rms moters

Comment

Yup, put it back in, once i realized i couldn't get most of the good drivers to take their magnets out. Though it's instructive to note that Greg came in 3d with no mag.
                        I'd be happy to take mine out again if everyone else does. My truck runs OK without mags, just not as fast as it does with.

Comment

well then

It is kind of interesting how my truck looks faster in the long straight with the magnet and smaller diameter rear tires...
                          It may just be perception.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by noddaz View Post
                            It is kind of interesting how my truck looks faster in the long straight with the magnet and smaller diameter rear tires...
                            It may just be perception.

Scott

Scott, does it look faster on the computer?

Comment

We will find out next week...

Yes we will!
                              I hope that no one burns up a motor...

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X