Routed track workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routed track workshop

Hey guys, the Professor and I are wanting to get a gathering of the faithful together in the next couple of weeks to build a routed track. I will get the table ready and try and gather up all the needed equipment and materials. We are planning on starting with a 4 x 8 bull ring that will be portable. It will take all the basic steps as a full size track and give us all a chance to develop our skills. I will get the word out as we get closer to the build. Beer and Brots will be included!

Fester

with all due respect....

....and not wanting to rain on your parade, but a 4x8 bullring is not going to be much of a track.

I know, I have one sitting in my garage.

I am assuming that you are building for 1/32, so if it is to be 1/43 or 1/64, forgive me. This size is just too small for any meaningful racing. I built mine to try some different routing techniques and to test magnetic paint, but other than this, it is little more than a motor/chassis break-in track. And right now, hasn't been run in about 3 years and is just a table full of mostly slot car stuff/junk.

TOJ

Comment

Oh yeah---would it be possible to talk you into a 4 x 16? Two sheets with a joining system to STILL be portable, but perhaps a usable race track? That would be cool to see and give us all somthing we may be able to easily copy for home use! But either way you decide--it will be fun watching a ground-up build.
      Tim

Comment

We are building the track to refine our routing technique and to shake the cobwebs off of our skills set. We are looking forward to moving in the Shoreline group direction with routed track technology available to the group.

Comment

I have a plan for the bull ring for a starter and we will be moving right into working on an 8 x 20 road circuit. I know the small track is not much, but we want to develop some oval sprint car and jalopy racing 1/32 cars. We just need a track big enough for four controller hook-ups and cup holders.
          Fester

Comment

well.....

I put my 4 drivers stations on the 4 corners of the table, but my inner-most lane is almost unusable it is so tight. I have 3.5" lane spacing and a 5" outer shoulder.

TOJ

Comment

This is going to be a fun project!

Comment

Venture copper tape

Will be shipped tomorrow. Good luck guys, I know you will have a great time.

TOJ

Comment

Thanks Jay!

Comment

Let me know when you guys plan to do these projects I would like to help and learn. The 4x8 will perfect for old dog, he won't have far to go to marshal his cars.

Comment

Just bring some beer!

Comment

Operation Dustoff

6 Days and counting...

Comment

5 Days, Just Say'n

Comment

Fast Dan dropped off eight sheets of 3/8 MDF he picked up in Tacoma for me. I also received 10 rolls of copper tape from TOJ (Thanks Jay) By the way Jay did I pay for ten or eight? The UPS man delivered a box of misc. electrical pieces Friday along with the stuff from Trackmate. I will be picking up the materiel for the tables on Thursday if not sooner. All is coming together and I am looking forward to getting started.

Fester

Comment

3 Days to new oval

I will dig out the track paint and anything else that looks important.

Comment

Working...
                              X