Come enjoy the crazy side of slot cars.

24103 military Rd. So.
    Kent, WA. 98032

Hope to see you all there!

Uncle Fester

Crikey and I are in, see you there!

Comment

The Bull Ring

Here it is. You had better be ready. Trust me you can get a little dizzy.

Fester

Comment

That looks great, is that the same one we did last week?

Comment

Yea, the same one with a few finishing touches in place. I got the scoring system working with my home made light bridge and I still have to finish the infield. I am working on the IROC cars to even up the lanes. I am painting up a set of Womps and making the nerf bars for the Trans-Am cars. I need to beat them up a little they look way to nice. I am going to order up a monogram midget model to work on here soon. I have to go get the framing for the road coarse table, so I can start right after the SCUMS race. The list goes on.
          Fester

Comment

Sadly, I won't make it. Seems my evil wife planned a get together to open wedding gifts at our house that night. I'll have some shots in your honor. OOPS
            Last edited by Oops-sorry; 05-20-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I am really sorry to hear you won't make it. But it is good to hear you two finally decided to make it official and get married. Best wishes!

Fester

Comment

Originally posted by Oops-sorry View Post
                Sadly, I won't make it. Seems my evil wife planned a get together to open wedding gifts at our house that night. I'll have some shots in your honor. OOPS
                You had better do what she says or else she'll throw half your stuff into the street and the other stuff she wont let you look at again!!

Comment

Nice track!

You just need some legend cars, or Sprint cars and your set!

-Jas

Comment

Come out and race with us Jason!

Comment

The Professor and I are working on building some sprint cars. They just won't happen before the first SCUMS race. We need more cars and more tracks and more beer. It makes the head spin. So many really important things to do and so little time! Life is good.

Fester

Comment

Saturday nears

Saturday is getting closer and the head count for the race is between 20 and 30 as of now. I will get the Margaritas in the freezer tomorrow and we have the burgers, brats and buns. I have to clean up the garage a little and get the cover up for the patio (just in case). I have narrowed the Womps and now they race well. I have finished the second (Mustang) bomber car and am working on a couple of more. Kevin says he will bring three of he H&R chassied NASCARs that they used to race at Allen's, so If anyone has a couple more that would be great. Craig and Jerry are bringing winged Daytonas. We are gathering up some old SCX and Scaly NASCARS so all is near ready. I can,t imagine a better way to spend an evening. Life is good in our little corner of the world.
                        Fester

Comment

Friday Report

Sarah and I decided we are going to need a third gallon of Margaritas. A couple of racers have added clam chowder and chilli to the menu. We have also added pulled bar-b-q chicken to the list (I am cooking it now). Sarah has me doing the last minute party stuff (what the hell does cleaning windows have to do with dirt car racing?) and I am still building cars (quit at 1am last night). I am working on the race format to keep things moving and give everyone a chance to race, as well as, eat and drink. I have added a couple pictures of the latest additions to the race fleet. If anyone has a 1/24 NASCAR on the H&R chassis, like they raced at Allen's, we are one short for and IROC set. Bring your controllers you will need a good one to race on this track, we will have a couple of loaners. A couple of additional racers have chimed in, so the group continues to grow. I will keep you posted on the progress. Got to get back to work. Life is short, pull the trigger!

Fester

Comment

Fester,

A big thanks to you and Sarah for hosting your new oval's inagural SCUMS race. Good people, eats, and drinks not to mention some crazy racing with all of the different cars! Those straight line boys did a great job negotiating the corners.

I can't wait for the next one!
                            Last edited by The Professor; 05-27-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Scums revival

I have to say this was one of our best gatherings yet. I wasnít sure if our small bull ring would hold everyoneís interest. I have to say it was a total success. The group kept the track busy until we called it an evening about eleven-thirty. All the racers were thrilled with the action the small track provided and the skill required to make passes. We had no trouble consuming a fair amount of tequila and other beverages and more great food then should be legal. With about 30 guests the place was full, but not overcrowded. All the guest werenít racing, as many of the guys brought their better halves. The ladies had a great time and the place rang with laughter all evening. We raced our Womp legend cars first and the Professor somehow managed to take first (racing for Gerry) and second with his entry. We also raced our Bombers (converted Trans-Am), SCX NASCAR, Classic Daytona Mopars and H&R chassised 1/24th NASCARS. We had fun with all of these, but we didnít get to the Hamsters that Shawn brought.

The group started to assemble a little early, as I had said the track would be open. Shawn was the first showing up about 4:15. Several others followed shortly there after. This worked out great, as I got the Astro turf installed in the infield and my extra controller fixed, while I worked on party preparations. I think we may consider starting a little earlier in the future. We grilled burgers, brats and hot dogs, ate chili, clam chowder, chicken rolled in coconut, chocolate cover strawberries, Salads, melon, and chips and dips. The weather cooled off in the evening and the people who were sitting on the patio got a little chilled, but the racing inside the shop kept the racers warm even with the garage door open.

I have become an oval track convert. I may build the new track as a super oval rather then a road circuit. I would like to make it big enough to race 1/24th cars on, as these have the biggest variety of hard bodies available. Yea; how about we build and race legends Bombers, modifieds and sprints, modern and vintage. It seems the more beat-up the better. Iíll have to do a little more research.

I want to thank everyone who came for sharing one of the best times I have had in a long while. I feel I am one of the luckiest people around to have so many great friends to share my life with. How could anyone ask for anything better then being able to fill his home with a group of fun loving people who share a bond as silly as toy cars. I know it may sound funny, but I do live the dream. Life is good!

See you at the next SCUMS when the new track is up and running. Two tracks, twice the fun!

Fester

Comment

Working...
                              X