Sea-Tac Raceways

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea-Tac Raceways

The new track is in work. I am calling it Sea-Tac Raceways after the old track that was less then a mile from where I now live. I used to go there with my dad before is closed in about 1967. I started on Sunday evening. The table is about 80% done and should be done today, then we will start routing. It will be 8 x 20 with a bump out on one corner. It will also have a 12 to 14 inch elevation change. I hope everyone enjoys it, as I am planning to be racing on it before the end of summer. Can you imagine a super SCUMS event with two tracks? We had better start the planning, I think we are going to need a second blender! Iíll be posting a photo album on Slot Car BS as soon as I have a break in the building stage. Sarah says I go at everything like I am killing snakes. Well we have a bunch of snakes to kill in the next couple of weeks.

Fester

Uncle Fester, you are going to need at least three blenders for a Super SCUMS race... and maybe think of a different race name? I can hear it now "I am a member of the SS"... it's only one step away from invading Poland (or Tukwila, whichever is nearer)....

Comment

Finished the table today. I will clean up tomorrow and get started on the router work. I posted a few pics on my web site. Have to go do some drag racing now and get ready to go to Red Devil tomorrow night.
      Fester

Comment

sweet

DP,

Lookin good. We can't wait to see your new blender! Kev

Comment

Need to make a 1/32 drag strip in the middle!?

Comment

Really?

2 TRACKS ! spose i'll have to bring 2 bottles of tu kee luh !

Comment

win a heat, take a shot. Win a race take two shots. two tracks lots of racing, two blenders no waiting. Maybe we should take up a collection to have a shuttle to get all the racers home. We always have designated drivers, maybe we should consider having designated racers.

Comment

????????????????

How bout a Key check in? cause apparently there will not be a shortage of designated drunks !
                Last edited by flyracing; 06-20-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Work continues

The Professor and I finished up about 90% of the routing on Sunday. Today I anchored down the Corkscrew and am getting ready to finish up the Two Straight sections. This will connect it all together and we will finish up the routing on Thursday. I had to fix a couple of minor screw ups that were all the Professor's fault, but now no one will know. I will be adding to the pictures on my web site soon.

Fester

Comment

H&R slider chassis with an expertly pre painted general lee charger!

Comment

I don't see any dents or tire donuts. Kind of a wuss car.

Comment

Here is where we are on Tuesday morning.

Fester

Comment

WOW! That looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          It's always nice to have a cool track to admire when you have crashed out 10 seconds into a minute long heat....(for me anyhow)

Great job guys-!

Andrew

Comment

Yea Andrew, when you crash I am usually already a spectator. At least you are getting better, I seem to get worse with practice. Hey maybe there is a message there and I am practicing the wrong thing.

Fester

Comment

Update

Here are a couple of shots of the latest progress. We finished the track routing and added the walls that fit into a routed groove. The red walls you see are temporary, we have white walls made of foam board that are a 1/2 inch higher. The first coat of paint was completed (what a pain). I found that a tooth brush worked well to paint the slots. Now I will build the higher walls from 3/8 MDF and start painting rumble strips in the turns. I think I can actually clean up the room and do the rest of the dirty work in the other garage and outside. Progress may slow a little as I am going on jeep trip for five days next week and need to get the jeep and the motor home ready. Does the drudgery ever end here in DANNYLAND? Everyone should have such problems. I am still shooting for the first of August for completion.

Fester

Comment

Working...
                              X