Formal 1/32 Racing in North Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formal 1/32 Racing in North Carolina

I have looked at the great tracks involved in the Slot Car Addicts of North Carolina and they appear to be some of the best on the East Coast. My question, is there any formal racing going on in the region and does anybody post a schedule of races and the classes being run?

Originally posted by Mayberryman View Post
    I have looked at the great tracks involved in the Slot Car Addicts of North Carolina and they appear to be some of the best on the East Coast. My question, is there any formal racing going on in the region and does anybody post a schedule of races and the classes being run?
    When you say 'in the region', does that include the entire East Coast (Maine through Florida), or the North Carolina region?

Comment

Originally posted by NJSLOT1_32 View Post
      When you say 'in the region', does that include the entire East Coast (Maine through Florida), or the North Carolina region?

Actually the in the region meant that they have tracks that rival any I have seen and that includes Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania. I am not saying they are better than, just as good as any. So far Phase II in Maryland has about the best wood routed tracks I have seen in a 1/32commercial establishment and Hellnback in West Virginia is about as good of a home track as I have seen.

Comment

I know there's a few clubs with organized racing in Maryland/Wash. DC area, such as the Capital Racing League and the aforementioned Phase II. Pennsylvania has formal racing at Main Line Hobbies, check their website (same name, no space, add dot com) for the latest. I also know of a few privately owned wood tracks in Pennsylvania that are great, and have regularly scheduled races. They're owned by SCI posters racerdoug, bigtwin, and k0z0oo1. Among other classes, Sideways Group 5, NSR Classics and NSR GT cars are regularly run.

And finally, Great Traditions in Philadelphia (aka GTSLOTS) has a nice Carrera 4-lane track where N. America championship races are run for manufacturer's classes such as Racer Resin, Racer Sideways, Scalextric TransAm, Flyslot LeMans Classic, and others.

Comment

Mayberryman, short answer is that our group does get together to race but we do not have a set schedule or set format. Our goal is to do just that but with a small group, most of whom have busy and often conflicting schedules, it's hard.

That said, we'd be happy to host you if you can make it down sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by mcseitz View Post
            Mayberryman, short answer is that our group does get together to race but we do not have a set schedule or set format. Our goal is to do just that but with a small group, most of whom have busy and often conflicting schedules, it's hard.

That said, we'd be happy to host you if you can make it down sometime.

Thank you for the reply, if you get the time and remember next time you plan a race I would appreciate a heads up. I race with two groups and have Slot It GP C cars, NSR 917, scaley TransAms, both current and historic NASCAR and DTM cars. Again thanks for the reply, look forward to meeting you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayberryman View Post
              Thank you for the reply, if you get the time and remember next time you plan a race I would appreciate a heads up. I race with two groups and have Slot It GP C cars, NSR 917, scaley TransAms, both current and historic NASCAR and DTM cars. Again thanks for the reply, look forward to meeting you.
              We are racing on the oval track on May 17th. Let me know if you are interested.

JB

Comment

Working...
              X