Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Series Ideas

Hi Guys,

Speaking to the powers that be, it seems we're going to start our weekly get together again.

Let's all bring out our ideas on what we want to race next, whether it be IROC, self prepped cars, etc.

Cars that we haven't raced yet that interest me are the Fly/Racer Daytona Prototypes - remove the magnet, install some good rubber tires and let's go racing. Another possible class is the SCX Pro-Nascars. Southersloter has one and it drives very well no-magnet. Cool thing about these is that the Pro-NASCAR chassis fits on all non-pro SCX bodies.

Let's hear some ideas.

Mark

I like the idea of the Fly/Racer Daytona Prototypes, although we should probably discuss whether we want to settle on just one manufacturer. I think the Fly and Racer versions will need different tires because of different wheel sizes. Allowing both Fly and Racer versions will cause everyone to have to buy both and try all the combinations to figure out which is faster, and that gets expensive. I would vote for the Racer version, although I have both.

I'm not so keen on the SCX Pro-Nascars, not that I hate them, I just don't like them as well as the DPs. I think we should also stick to the race night format we used last year, where we run two races, one for owner cars and one for IROC.

Comment

My vote is Sideways DP's for the first series and NSR 917 for the second, From there I don't really care. The SCX PRO NASCAR runs well and there is 15 or so liveries available. The motor is a beast and probably better suited to Slingshots. It still needs a little testing before we give it a go.
      I agree the IROC and race your own format works great.
      Looking forward to getting it going again.

SS

Comment

Looks like the Racer Sideways DP and IROC Du Jour is our first series of fall 2009.
        Let's have fun and may the verbal barbs start flying.

SS

Comment

Any chance...

...That there will be racing the week of Sept 17-24? I plan to be in Atlanta 'Scouting' my new apartment that week and would like to race 1 or 7 times while I'm down there. I'll be at the In-Town suites @ 1990 Willowtrail Parkway. How close will I be to fun?

Thx,
          James

Comment

Not Far At All

The in town suite your staying at is at the intersection of I-85 N and Indian trail. If you go north on I-85 a couple of exits you'll see Discover Mills mall. Sling Shot Speedway is in Discover Mills mall, open 7 days a week. We race there on Monday nights starting at 6:00 on the small track (six lanes 120') in the back of the store. We also race on Wednesday nights in a home racing format.
            When you get in town come on by and race with us.

George

Comment

How does the Racer DP car run on Ninco track? I am concerned that the car may bottom out on the Ninco track since it has the offset motor pod. Also, any of the Ninco tires fit the rear wheels?

Best regards,
              Brian

Comment

Brian,

So far, not a problem. We are using the new Slot.it F22 tire on the rear. They work well for all the types of tracks in our club, NINCO, SCX, Scalextric Sport and wood.
                Your right though, after some tire wear rubbing the track could be a issue. It probably helps that we're using a spacer in the rear body post to help the tire rubbing issue.

SS

Brian,

After rereading your post you were talking about the pod not the body. The grey pod isn't a problem on NINCO track. Sorry for not thoroughly reading your post.

George
                Last edited by SouthernSlotter; 09-11-2009, 09:41 AM. Reason: being a dummy

Comment

Thanks for the Info George, I plan on coming out for Monday night racing on the 21st. Is there any BRM racing down that way?

Comment

We do run the BRM's sometimes on the track at Sling Shots. They are a tight fit on NINCO's 3 1/2 inch spacing. But it can be done. If you bring yours, the stock shore 30 tires work well on NINCO track.
                    Right now the guys on Monday nights are concentrating on preparing for the NINCO World Cup. They are getting ready to start a series with both the XLOT and the 1/32 scale NINCO cars. Rules can be found in the NINCO forum. I'm sure some of the guys will have extra car for you to drive when you visit.
                    We're a pretty hospitipal group....most of the time.

George

Comment

Working...
                    X