Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Annual "Rice Bowl Deluxe" 4hr Mini Le Mans Event...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Annual "Rice Bowl Deluxe" 4hr Mini Le Mans Event...

Here is an update to the events name:

The Greater Edmonton Toy Car And Racing Society (GETCARS) will be hosting the 1st Annual "Rice Bowl Deluxe" 4hr Mini Le Mans presented by GETCARS a 1:32 scale Endurance Race on Sunday, October 18, 2015.

Cars will be standard Slot.It production with minor modifications allowed. Bodies to be stock hard plastic sports prototype, (Modern era) LMP, GRAND AM, IMSA, or Group C.

TEAMS:
    Will consist of TWO (2) individuals. Pick your own team, or we can help you find a team member to race with if you prefer.
    1 driver, 1 marshal.
    Each team member to drive a minimum of 25% of race.
    Team members to switch position as desired.
    $10 each team member, $5 each for GETCARS members.
    Maximum number of entries 12 teams. Heat times to be adjusted as required.
    Contact Curt Wiebe at greateredm[email protected] or 780-239-1545 to enter on or before Sunday, October 11th.

Event Pics

The First Annual Rice Bowl Deluxe 4HR Mini Le Mans presented by GETCARS was a huge success with 5 entries. Three teams from Edmonton, one from Red Deer and one from Calgary.

The event was hosted by GETCARS Greater Edmonton Toy Car And Racing Society.

First place Team Rice Bowl Leon and Marcus
    Second place Team Beastworx Ron and Curt
    Third place Team Radarek Dariez and Adrian

Sponsors: Rice Bowl Deluxe, Smith Cameron, Slot Car Corner Canada, Trackmate Racing, GETCARS and Beastworx web.

Last edited by heli_ca; 10-20-2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Winning car, technology by F1FAN!

Comment

Wow nice prizes! Wish we had prizes like that! I see Paul from Calgary made it there.

F1Fan keeps winning one way or another......cool!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by cgyracer View Post
          Wow nice prizes! Wish we had prizes like that! I see Paul from Calgary made it there.

F1Fan keeps winning one way or another......cool!

Rob
          I will gladly take the compliment, but I think you guys are overly generous or biased, either way I had very little to do with this built. I chatted briefly to Leon and shared some ideas on what I would do in building a car for the race, he already had it covered.

Congratulations on the win and what looked like a great/fun event. One of these days I will have to make a trip to my former "home" city and come and race with you guys!

Cheers

Chris

Comment

I caught this blog, 2-days late!! LOL... Did the cars have Lights, installed?? i.e. i noticed the lights on the track layout!.. Congrats to the Winners!.. I really like the 'format', .. BTW: Great Photos!!! .. just like being there!!

Comment

Originally posted by NamVet View Post
              I caught this blog, 2-days late!! LOL... Did the cars have Lights, installed?? i.e. i noticed the lights on the track layout!.. Congrats to the Winners!.. I really like the 'format', .. BTW: Great Photos!!! .. just like being there!!
              Hi, the only car that had lights was the Lancia.

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

What a great day for racing! I'd love to get some tips from F1Fan for future races.

Comment

Originally posted by rabfan View Post
                  What a great day for racing! I'd love to get some tips from F1Fan for future races.

The problem is that if too many ask they might find out that I just make it up as I go along!

Comment

Myself and Kevin (our newest) did make the trip up north. We both had a great time being included in the 1st great Rice Bowl Enduro. It was sure a very steep learning curve for me. Four to Five hours of straight racing (although fun as hell) was a lot of fun. Concentration was a total lost by the fourth hour. That was the first enduro of that length. The track was fun and challenging to race on.

The guys from Edmonton are a great bunch of guys. they ran the event very smooth and the racing was good and clean.

Thanks again guys, it was a pleasure
                    Paul aka Mr Carp

Comment

First Ever Rice Bowl Deluxe 4 Hour Mini Le Mans

This will be an annual event, thanks to Leon (Mr. Heli), so watch for it again next fall!

In the meantime, we are looking at a Camaro Cup race in January and a proxy event next summer!

Over and above our regular Thursday evening get-togethers...

Comment

Working...
                      X