BRM Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRM Race

There Will be a BRM race at Race-Wear on Jan 11th...

Take Note that Sponge Tires will no longer be used for the remainder of the scheduled events..
    The following will be legal tires for both events..: Rubber, Jel-Claws, Silicone and Urethane :...
    Please check with the Race Directors for clarification...

A ScaleAuto 'German Touring Car' support race will also be scheduled after the BRM race...

Tires

Originally posted by CLG780 View Post
    There Will be a BRM race at Race-Wear on Jan 11th...

Take Note that Sponge Tires will no longer be used for the remainder of the scheduled events..
    The following will be legal tires for both events..: Rubber, Jel-Claws, Silicone and Urethane :...
    Please check with the Race Directors for clarification...

A ScaleAuto 'German Touring Car' support race will also be scheduled after the BRM race...

Due to the fact that Jel-Claws, Silicone and Urethane tires are not allowed at Race-Wear, this limits you to BRM rubber tires only. We only allow Rubber or Foam tires on our track. No treatment of any kind is allowed on the tires. If caught doing this you will not be allowed to race. This tire rule has been in place since we opened the track and we will not change it. I hope everyone understands and supports our decision on the tires. we will have plenty of the rubber or foam tires on hand and the choice will be up to the drivers. Remember, these will be the only two choices allowed.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Race-Wear

Comment

Thanks Rick....

Comment

Tires for the BRM Series

Guys,

It is my understanding that the use of sponge and foam tires have been discontinued for the BRM and Scale Auto series. I just wanted to make this clear before this weekend's race so no one will be upset if they purchased sponge/foam tires for the race. I've been informed that any rubber BRM tire is legal and only stock Scale Auto rubber rear tires are legal.

Craig

Comment

Craig,
          Illegal according to who? Certainly not the national rules as set forth by Alan, they are still the tire of choice there. I personally like the sponge tires and would hope that you would reconsider their use.

Ricky,
          First of all glad to see you're still alive and are making an occasional appearance in between gun shows. It has always been my understanding that silicones are allowed on the Carrera track but not on the Ninco track. Rubber, sponge/foam and urethane have been deemed legal for the Ninco track. Please clarify this.
          Last edited by urbanwarrior; 01-10-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Using Rubber Tires

John,

Sorry for not posting sooner, and you are correct foams are legal for Alan's and National races. The BRM and Scale Auto races that we had/having are sponsored by members of CRL. After a long race where the foams were wore down, it was decided to use rubber or silicone tires as a cost savings. We decided to save the foams for events sponsored by Alan, etc. The racing was fun and after a few laps, we didn't even notice that we were not racing on foams. For more than half the price less we had just as much fun with the rubber tires and everyone had just as much advantage or disadvantage as with running on foams.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X