Clear All

• Egg-zactly...

Hi Entrants!

Here's more info about the first GPR track downunder:

http://p097.ezboard.com/fslotcarouth...picID=13.topic

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

• My,my,my what a superb track........

I love the chicane at the top of the circuit. What tyres work best on the track?...

Regards

Alan

Comment

• No argument, that is one great looking venue! Should make for a good sixth round of the GPR.

Comment

• beejay7 - This track pretty much sees just plain rubber tyre use, so I have no idea how effective silicones are going to be. As demonstrated in pictures, the track is rubbering up nicely. We haven't really run silicones on there (i was giving the scaley ones a shot on the back of my trans am just the other weekend up there, was pretty much on the pace of the leaders, bit iffy at times though).

It has the same type of paint as the San Phoeno Raceway does, and I was giving MJKs a whirl on the raceway just the other day to some astonishing results, so I imagine MJK tyres will do alright, in fact, any tyre thats a sticky rubber type will do nicely.

Comment

• I ran a few 1950-1965 cars on Bart's Wings-N-Wheels track. This is a fine, flowing Scalextric Sport track. Visibility from the drivers' rostrums is excellent. Grip is good for sillies and Ortmanns, as well as rubber (EJ's). Track is fairly clean. Power is ten volts, high amps. Controller hookups and wiring is bullet proof Slot Car Corner work, and the table could support an elephant.

I am looking forward to running the GPR cars here.

Do you have a picture of the revised layout, Bart?

Comment

• The table could support an elephant.

Woah, now that gives me an idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                Woah, now that gives me an idea!
                Jah sure, we'll take a crack at it -- but who's going to stay after to shovel up the uhh... elephant stuff? FAR worse than Ortmann dust, and it really greases up the corners...

Bart

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
                  I ran a few 1950-1965 cars on Bart's Wings-N-Wheels track. This is a fine, flowing Scalextric Sport track. Visibility from the drivers' rostrums is excellent. Grip is good for sillies and Ortmanns, as well as rubber (EJ's). Track is fairly clean. Power is ten volts, high amps. Controller hookups and wiring is bullet proof Slot Car Corner work, and the table could support an elephant.

I am looking forward to running the GPR cars here.

Do you have a picture of the revised layout, Bart?
                  Why yes, Robert, I do; but I must take exception to your characterization of Grumpy's Hobby Wonderland Vacation Shoreline Wings N' Wheels International Scalextric Sport Speedway Brought To You by Clinton Insurance (I get a break on my insurance -- what can I say?) as "fairly clean." I scrub, I sweep, I practically *sterilize* the whole shop in preparation for the grand occasion of the first meeting of the Wings N' Wheels Scale Racing League™ and your august visit (something like the "Phantom Diner" who drops in on the local Chop Suey joints in false whiskers, only YOUR whiskers are the real deal -- Robert Livingston, the "Phantom Slothead"...), and what do I get? The equivalent of "The food's OK if you carry a stomach pump, but the crapper was overflowing during OUR visit." While the packed throng of other guests and luminaries chugged down ridiculously expensive Tiger Milk cocktails and daintily nibbled at pneus cuits en friteuse "de poignée d'Indy," Professor Livingston was down on all fours, communing with microbes on my JUST cleaned (first time in 25 years -- no lie) gleaming linoleum.

Serially, thank you for your incisive review, especially the mention of the Ocean State Job Lot VHT ("Variable Horizon Technology") driver's rostrums. Grumpy's Hobby Wonderland Vacation Shoreline Wings N' Wheels International Scalextric Sport Speedway Brought To You by Malone's Coffee House (hey -- I drink a LOT of coffee, and Malone's chicks are the bomb) was certainly rockin' Monday night, with visitors from as far away as Woodbridge, and as near as Trevor Getman's house a block away. The other person present came a piddling two miles. Yes, folks -- though heavily advertised in the Town & Country Tallywhacker, on Malone's bulletin board (more coffee), and through broadcast email (spam), only THREE potential W&WSCRL members (including yours ruefully, who HAD to be there) actually showed up. One more person with a pulse would have filled all four track lanes. I figure that by Fall, when the local billionaires have to start thinking of wintering their yachts, W&WSCRL could have as many as 5 or 6 part-time members.

But I'm not bitter.

Here's the track, before and after surgery to clean up the flow and make the track easier to marshal:

Bart
                  Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 07-31-2007, 08:47 PM. Reason: Getting rid of a big red x blank space thing there ...

Comment

• Tassie tracks

We had originally intended to run on of our races on the New Shelmore track but several thing have prevented me getting it finished in time so we will now be using the existing track and either Blow Hole Park or Stratton Valley for the other venue. to see some ifo on the tarcks follow this link.
                    http://www.southcom.com.au/~gman2/photo_track.htm

Phil

Comment

• They all look like good wood tracks to me. Is voltage around 12?

Comment

• Voltage and Amps

Plenty of go down here. Not sure where each power supply is set at present but they can be only be adjusted from 11.8 to around 13.5 volts. Amps I am not sure of I did load up acouple of the supplies during testing to about 32 amps with no volatge variation! All the tracks run the same supply. I converted them from old mainframe computer supplies that were going to the tip! They were originally designed to output 40 amps at 5volts and 12volts at 20 amps at the same time. 16 power transistors control the voltage.

Phil

Comment

• Controller Plugs: 240 volt with round earth pins
                          Did you colonials get all your good ideas from the Poms, then?

As you say though, good looking tracks; great potential for Mondial O'Nuttin to put his stamp on this series permanently I'm thinking.

Funny how it goes. I now have two 908 Flunders racing in Australia at the same time; one of them even stole the whole rear end detail from the other, as it happens. I have grown to like that particular Fly car quite a lot, and suspect that with the same tires on the same track they wouldn't be far apart in performance even though one has an HRS under it.

Sorry to digress; there will be no more elephants in this thread.

Comment

• Wets cars

I am hoping that i don't have a problem with Wet Coast's two car being here at the same time,they both might decide the location is graet and decide to stay.

Phil;

Comment

• I just hope the #67 car proves a whole lot quicker.

Do me a favour and run all the other ones first, this time, eh?

Comment

• Starting order

The starting order will change. it is my policy that the starting order chages for each round . So the cars that started first in last weeks DUPR will be at least mid field next week and at the end for the last event.

phil

Comment

Working...
                                X