Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPR Australia- Adelaide

HI Guys
    With the demise of the Eggdome race in Queensland the GPR organisers have agreed to hold a race here in Adelaide South Australia at 6 Pines Raceway.
    Those of you following the Down Under Proxy Race Series 2007 will be familiar with 6 Pines as the venue for the opening round of that series.

Here are some stats on the track

* Track Name - Six Pines, Owned and operated by Hoffy 73
    * Surface type - MDF with Ferrodore exterior paint
    * Conductors - Flat braided copper wire
    * Average lap length - 16.8 metres or 55.118 feet
    * Number of lanes - 4
    * Power supply type - 9-16volt adjustable - 30amp, (will be set on 12v)
    * Timing Hardware - Photocells
    * Timing software - SRM
    * Controllers used - Drivers choice
    Here's a short video of the track during DUPRS rnd 1

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...xyrace2007.flv
    http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...xyrace2007.flv

At this stage a predicted date for the event is Saturday September 8 depending on the arrival of the cars from Hobart. The Date is to be confirmed

Great news, and thanks to Hoffy for slotting this into the schedule!

I'm pleased to tell you, it's a track that favours Porsche 908s ...

Comment

At this stage a predicted date for the event is Saturday September 8 depending on the arrival of the cars from Hobart. The Date is to be confirmed
      Whoa! More than a month away before the race starts up again? Is that a typo?

I'm wondering if the silicone tire cars will have traction problems down under.

Terry

Comment

I'm not sure Terry, but aren't they going to run the Shelmore Park event in Hobart first?

Comment

Hi Guys
          Yes that is correct the Hobart round is next. Phil tells me his round will be either 22nd or the 29th and we will aim to run Them the weekend after they arrive here.
          Then I'll get them posted on to Robert on the Monday after.
          Alan

Comment

Good. I've been delivering alot of mail latley and the only thing been on my mind was where to cut cross country to deliver the Express Mail. Slot cars and proxy racing? What is that? LOL!

Terry

Comment

It would be good if the Australian hosts could post the actual, specific dates of their races, just to be clear when "the 22th or 29th" for one race, and "the next weekend" for the other, actually are.

I am guessing August 22-29 and September 4-5 for the two races, but that is just a guess.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
                It would be good if the Australian hosts could post the actual, specific dates of their races, just to be clear when "the 22th or 29th" for one race, and "the next weekend" for the other, actually are.

I am guessing August 22-29 and September 4-5 for the two races, but that is just a guess.

Thanks!
                Hi Robert
                As I said we expect to run our round on September 8 if Phil runs his race on the later date - the 29th if he runs it on the 22 we will bring our race forward a week. We are trying to give you another race in light of the 4 or 5 cancellations you have had so far and then get them shipped off to you in as timely a manner as possible.

Cheers Alan

Comment

Thanks, all your efforts are appreciated.

Comment

Race date

I will advise the date ASAP. When the cars arrive I can soon check and see if any repairs are require,very unlikley knowing BEEJAY. I will then sort a race date,I am aiming for the 22nd August but it will depend on availability of drivers not the track.

Phil

Comment

GPR Adelaide date set

Howdy Guys
                      The date for GPR Adelaide is now set as the 22nd of september ( 21st for you guys).
                      we will be running all the cars on the one night so it will be a long night for the drivers.
                      we will be running a program similar to the Tassie round in that we will be allocating a driving team for each class.
                      ie one group of 4 will drive the LMP's the other team the GT's.
                      Qualifying will be conducted by Hoffy 73 and myself during the week before the race
                      qualifying format will be 1 min on one of the centre lanes.
                      Cheers Alan

Comment

Thanks for the news Alan. Are you running on the same track where the DUPR commenced this year? Do you mind saving the best (SuperTire) cars till last? Cheers, Paul

Comment

Hi Paul
                          yes it's at 6 pines as per the video above
                          race order will probably be in reverse qualifying order but we may group the silicon tyred cars together and run last. but then again we may run left coast Canuck cars first to rubber in the track
                          Alan

Comment

"left coast Canuck cars first to rubber in the track"

Now there we go!!!!! Run those sillies first!

Comment

Originally posted by lenny broke View Post
                              but then again we may run left coast Canuck cars first to
                              Couldn't you just run Paul's cars first and leave Eric and I out of this? I do believe that between the three of us we have four cars out there...

Comment

Working...
                              X