GPR USA: Final Rounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPR USA: Final Rounds

I have the GPR cars safe and sound, minus Phil Kalbfell's brass plate cars, which stayed home.

Next stop will be Bart's Scalextric track; a new magnet needs to go into Beejay's Ferrari 312P, as the original is missing. Then we will go up to Steve's Area 51, and race over the magnabraid.

I'm still going over the cars, and will road test them all, to be sure that there are no other problems.

Tack cloth - no ashes

Sounds good, Robert. Better give Bart a bell and tell him to start vacuuming!

Comment

Good news! That's great!

Comment

Yay! So when do we race?
        Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
        I'm still going over the cars, and will road test them all, to be sure that there are no other problems.
        There's a Brumos Porsche seems to have a problem going fast...

Comment

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Wait! Yes we are. When does the race action resume? Do I have cars entered in this race? Its been so long ago, I can't remember. LOL!

btw-Robert, did you like the blueberry muffins I sent for you with Dave K. from Chicago? He might of took all the good stuff and left you the crumbs.

Terry "leaf raking fool" Noe

Comment

Terry, I thank you very much for your gracious gift of blueberry muffins. The Dyno Can will join the RL Museum of Working Vintage Slot Car Motors. Looks like it might fit in a 1/24 Carrera. The Russkit Opti-Guides will soon be guiding, too. This stuff is great. Thanks.

Your cars are a lime green Porsche 917K, and a Greenwood Vette with true tires (not like the last time it was here!). Both still smooth and definitely OK.

Some decal and paint wear damage to The Fleet was noted. These cars looked OK at Hoffy's Six Pines (in the grid photos), but they must have had some contact there, after the photo:
            • DrVanski's Porsche 936, some chips in the color stripes on the front fender.
            • Triggerhappy, #54 Porsche 908 missing lower half of numerals on the left side, missing 5 on the hood.
            • Attic Racer #59 Brumos Porsche missing both numbers on both doors.
            • Dave K. Canon Porsche has crackled sun shield decal.
            • RL Ferrari #55 number disc looks like the decal slid on the hood; I didn't think that was possible without wetting it (?!!). These decals had no Future coat.
            • Chips in PeteN95's Ferrari 330P4 fender, showing epoxy.

I am working on the mag in Beejay's 312P. Some cleverness will be used here.

I test ran all the cars. Realigned and tightened Kazooracer's Ninco Porsche 911 gears (I think this was done on every track it visited).

Da Vol's Capri has Ortmanns, now, and the D-Racing tires are in a bag where they belong.

The windshield of Gascarnut's Cobra roadster was loose in the packing material, but I snagged it before it got away.

No-one but me filled in the "comments" section of JT Previa's traveling booklet on IMSA 'Vettes.

Terry's beads are still with the cars. I hope all the drivers wore them. We paid shipping on these things!

Comment

Your cars are a lime green Porsche 917K, and a Greenwood Vette with true tires (not like the last time it was here!). Both still smooth and definitely OK.
              Ah, yes. Now I remember. Funny about the tires. Racing it over the long haul musta did some good.

No-one but me filled in the "comments" section of JT Previa's traveling booklet on IMSA 'Vettes.
              I thought that was some sort of literature to just look at. I would of filled it in for sure. That car got all high marks from me.

Terry's beads are still with the cars. I hope all the drivers wore them. We paid shipping on these things!
              LOL! Send those back after the GPR is over. Those beads will make the rounds for the 2008 Slot.it Shootout. Slotbutton is gonna need all the luck he can get this year.

getting dark outside...time to go put away my leaf blower and rakes.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
                ...DrVanski's Porsche 936, some chips in the color stripes on the front fender...
                If you see any decal stripes on the back of any car, you'll know who got nerfed.

Comment

Robert,

Thanks for the update, glad the cars arrived back in CT safe and sound!

JT

Comment

I'm all for a week from tomorrow at Bart's. Will bring it up at tomorrow's race night. RL - maybe a call to the Grand Weezer (sic) of W&W fame to see if it works and I'll take a poll tomorrow.

Comment

Good to know my beauty is unscathed and immaculate ...

If Wayne takes a poll, I'll pick up the check.

Comment

Go wake up Bart. I sent him an e-mail.

I could do a Halloween race, Wed. Oct 31 at Wings and Wheels. I'm trying to get a magnet into Beejay's car.

Comment

Paul, your car, with all its ambitious-to-the-point-of-overextended craftsmanship and bubblegum fixes, survived more or less as it was when it left. It is still quite fast on my track. The tires are still mounted inside-out. The frame is still cracked.

Comment

Gee thanks Robert. I'm thinking when all this is over I should have it mounted, and placed on a pedestal.

Comment

I would say it should be stuffed....

Except......

Yes - I know this is gunna come back to haunt me......

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Working...
                              X