No announcement yet.

GPR USA: Final Rounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know much of anything about magnet racing, but I do know that there will be less magnetic downforce on Area 51 than on the WW Scalextric. I think. This should mean that even less (or no) cars will work under full throttle. Is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
      Well, I know I'm going to regret asking this, but how was my beast to drive, actually?

What odds it might even make the podium at Area 51? (Ever the optimist, you know ... )
      Paul, Your car was a nice balance of magnets and handling. It had to be driven but ran well. What's in it for a motor, 21.5k?

This should mean that even less (or no) cars will work under full throttle. Is that true?
      Area 51 has less magnetism than a standard Scaley track. I hope there isn't that much magnetism in these cars that they will be stick there.

Comment

• Thanks, Mike; yeah that's an orange endbell motor. I am becoming a big fan of that powerplant, particularly after running the Slot.it Shootout cars recently.

Anybody looking for data on the GPR cars should keep in mind that Gascarnut's excellent Excel file (you'll find a link of course in the Results Thread for the GPR) has it all.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...9&d=1194725737

Just click on the Entries tab, and you have all the information you could ask for, and more. When you check out the magnetic downforce readings for the Prototypes there, the individual results from this last Scalextric Sport track race make a lot of sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
          I don't know much of anything about magnet racing, but I do know that there will be less magnetic downforce on Area 51 than on the WW Scalextric. I think. This should mean that even less (or no) cars will work under full throttle. Is that true?
          Very true RL. It will also expose those cars with handling quirks that are compensated for by those with strong evil magnuts! (This from a 2008 LMP-M RAA entrant...). Seriously, the cars with less magnutism were much more fun to drive as the increased grip in the corners led to higher entrance and exit speeds and kept us right on our toes. The biggest complaint I heard all night (many times) was the inability to predict breakaway. When they go at those speeds there is no chance to recover. In order to keep the cars in one piece I believe everyone drove at about 9/10s and mayhem was minimal. At the end of the day I think everyone enjoyed the change...

Comment

Working...
          X