X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daisyslots
    started a topic 1/24th NASCAR hardbody racing in Tacoma

1/24th NASCAR hardbody racing in Tacoma

I along with www.132slotcar.us are starting a 1/24th hardbody class as well as SCX NASCAR and a BRM IROC race one Sunday a month.

The goal of this series is to have low cost fun racing the NASCAR's of yester year. I have been working on putting together a chassis that is inexpensive and durable and using locally available parts. The focus will be on driving not racing wallets.

Racing fees will be $5 dollars a race if you enter both NASCAR races then the IROC will be free otherwise IROC will also be $5 dollars.

1/24th race format will be 5 minutes a lane all eight lanes and will either be crash and dash or if there is enough people we will run turn marshalled.

SCX NASCAR will be two 1 minute segments per lane with crashers being put back on at the end of the minute. This will be crash and leave them until the minute is up or again if there are enough people you will be set in the infield and the racer will have to reslot the car.

BRM IROC format will be set the owner of the raceway.

Rules for 1/24th hardbody
    1/24th NASCAR model kit with the stock glass and a full lexan painted interior.
    No trimming of the body or glass.
    Race numbers in three locations.
    H&R adjustable brass chassis or Pro Track brass chassis. NO BALL BEARINGS no ballast and chassis must be flat.
    1/8th solid axles.
    Front tires-27mm foam no profiling
    Rear tires-18x27mm silicone coated sponge either Pro Track or home made with a minimum diameter of 27mm.
    Wheels inside of body when viewed from above at maximum side travel.
    Chassis and body must have a miniumum 1.5mm clearance on the raceways set up block.
    Motor will be BRM #S-031 standard motor w/9 tooth brass pinion.
    33 tooth nylon crown.
    Bushings and motor may be soldered or glued in original manufactured place no raising or lowering.

SCX NASCAR
    Either COY or COT stock out of the box. No trimming no modifications.
    I would prefer wheels under the body but due to lack of spares I will allow a 63mm max. width at the rear.
    COT's will be allowed to profile their tires for front tire rub. Coy's can only remove flashing, no grinding or heavy sanding.
    NO MAGNET but holder and screws must be present.
    NO BALLAST.
    MAXXTRAC M2 silicones tires on the rear. Slip on only no gluing.
    RX42B motor unmodified if you are pulling the other cars down the straight you will be asked to change your motor and recieve a DQ for the race.
    Body screws can be loosend for body float but if any fall on to the track 100 lap penalty.

All general 132slotcar raceway rules will be enforced with no exceptions. No braid conditioner/cleaner, tire conditioner/cleaner or any other fluid allowed on the track period.

This is for family fun racing so bring and maintain a good attitude.

If we have enough participation we will look at using some of the PSSRA championship format.

Bring a friend support a local raceway

Any questions PM me or email [email protected]
    Last edited by daisyslots; 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: more words

• HRK
    replied
    1/24th NASCAR Hardbody race results 4/26/09 at 132slotcar.us

First up was the big NASCAR cars.

1. Kevin...........375.................5.769......... ..46.9
    2. Tim.............363..................5.929........ ...45.4
    3. David...........353.................6.039......... ...44.1
    4. Blair.............344.................6.199....... .....43.
    5. Erik..............332.................5.597 rider.....41.5
    6. Cody............326.................6.207......... ...40.8
    7. Troy.............317.................6.047........ ....39.6
    8. Suzy.............314.................5.320 rider.....39.2
    9. Jeff...............312................6.206....... .....39
    10. Maureen........256.................6.488.......... .32

Great racing everyone, special thanks to my bride Maureen for racing
    in her first offical race. Way to mix it up Maureen

Second up: SCX NASCAR's

1. Kevin...........351..............6.257............ ...43.9
    2. David...........351..............6.527............ ...43.9
    3. Scott...........346..............6.313............ ...43.2
    4. Troy............330..............6.531............ ...41.2
    5. Tim..............316..............6.969........... ....39.5
    6. Blair.............314..............5.109 rider........39.2
    7. Erik..............313...............6.808700...... ...39.1
    8. Cody............300...............6.808750........ .37.5
    9. Jeff..............288................7.191........ .....36.

The SCX cars made for some great side by side racing.
    I hope to see everyone next month.

HRK

Leave a comment:

• Green Destiny
    replied
    Pictures from the 4/26 race

more to follow after I do some "slimming."

Leave a comment:

• daisyslots
    replied
    change of date

April 26th is the new date.

Leave a comment:

• daisyslots
    replied
    Results from the March 22nd race.

Tim......342.......5.27* rider
    Kevin....337.......5.75*rider
    David....310.......6.21*on the NyQuil
    Scott....305.......6.03*rental
    Kjel.......305.......6.20
    Jeff.......296.......6.25
    Codester.293......5.99*probably not a rider, the Codester was fast
    Troy......253.......6.08*little dudes fast. keep it in the slot.

SCX NASCAR

Kevin.......353.......6.25
    Scott.......345.......6.30
    David.......337.......6.31
    Troy........308.......6.80 way to go Troy
    Tim.........305.......6.74
    Cody.......295.......5.33*rider* way to go Cody
    Jeff.........280.......7.24
    Kjel.........266........7.24 one really wanky front wheel
    J-Mack....259........6.91 one of those eurosport racers....need I say more

BRM IROC

Scott.......375........5.98
    David.......368........6.08
    Kevin.......363........6.09
    Kjel.........356.........6.19
    Tim.........338.........6.14
    Glenn.......325.........6.47
    Cody........324.........6.42
    Troy........323.........6.19
    J-Mack.....308.........6.26

Next race April 26th

Doors open 12pm racing at 1pm
    Last edited by daisyslots; 04-03-2009, 02:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daisyslots
    replied
    Another race in the books.

I will edit in the results tomorrow as I am still recovering from the Nyquil fog.

Tim got the win in 1/24th hardbody

Kevin won SCX NASCAR

Scott won the BRM IROC race.

Everyone had fun.

Leave a comment:

• geno
    replied
    The NASCAR sounds like a lot of fun!

Leave a comment:

• daisyslots
    replied
    This Sunday the 22nd will be our second race. There will be some new cars and drivers if we have enough drivers will run turn marshalled this time.

We will start racing at 1pm so we can run the SCX NASCARS for 40 minutes. The birthday party format is just too short for these fun fun cars.

For additional practice I suggest the Saturday before either at noon or after 6pm as this fits around the regular Saturday race program.

Remeber if you don't have cars there are rentals available and last time the rentals were in the top four.

David

Leave a comment:

• elvinator
    replied
    Thanks to David for organizing this event/series and to Paul & Alan for hosting. We had a great time racing the big nascars. I've had these cars on a shelf for over a year and was glad to burn the dust off 'em.

Looking forward to the next race, this time I'll make sure my braids are well secured.

Kevin, I have an extra 1/25th scale nascar kit if you're looking to put one together.

tim

Leave a comment:

• HRK
    replied
    Great Event!

Great event David, Cody and I had a blast racing in every class especially those big 1/24th Nascars, I'm already diggin around looking for a model body to donate to the cause. Racing was really close in all three classes. And I can't forget to give a huge shout out to Alan and Paul at 132 Slotcar for helping support the race itself and bring in all the parts to make it work. Great job!

HRK & Code

Leave a comment:

• daisyslots
    replied
    next race Mar.22nd

The second race will be March 22nd.

Doors open at noon. Racing should be underway by 1:00pm.

If you need additional time for testing/practice Saturday between noon and 2:00pm is a good time as well as after 6:00pm.

During the week contact Paul or Alan for available times.

David

Leave a comment:

• daisyslots
    replied
    race results feb.22nd

That was fun!!!! We had nine racers show up for 1/24th NASCAR and SCX NASCAR. The racing was a lot closer than what I expected but then that was a product of some really talented drivers. For our first race there was only one problem I remember and that was a lost braid. The drivers adapted well to the the crash and dash format we ran this time. There was very little to no damage to the cars as everyone was focused as they worked their way through traffic.

The SCX race went really well so well in fact I would like to start and hour earlier so we can run the SCX cars a full 5 minutes a lane. On this track with the wheels moved under the fenders and slip on rear tires they are one of the most evenly matched slot cars I have raced so far. The longer format should allow a driver to mount a comeback from any out of the slot expierences.

The BRM IROC was a rainbow of flavors as each car had it's own personality which made for a great close drivers
    race. I personally spent the whole race trying to comeback from an 8 lap off in the first heat and was only able to
    claw back 6 laps and still finished at the back of the pack.

I would like to thank the racers for investing their time and money supporting this unique form of slot car racing and supporting a local raceway doing it.

I also need to thank Mr. Paul Kassens and Alan Smith for stocking the parts we need and maintaining a facility to use these cars.

Okay High Revvin here ya go
    1/24th NASCAR

Bret.......356.......6.038......white
    Kevin.....340.......6.148......green
    Kjel........336.......6.211......white
    Alan.......329.......6.589......red
    Tim........321.......6.148......white
    David.....318.......6.429......red
    Cody......302.......6.807......red
    Troy......293.......6.148......white
    Jeff.......279.......6.531......green

Give Brett a controller and set a car in his lane and he'll drive away from the field. Three out of the top four cars were rentals.
    Way to go Kjel getting a owner driven car into the top three.
    Alan used a rental that had grip issues but still finished off the podium.
    Tim,Troy and Jeff will be moving up in the lap counts with more time on the Windsor.
    Jeff lost laps in the pits under green fixing a hood that had come off.
    Cody was smiling the whole race and wearing his Daytona 2009 shirt under his sweatshirt.
    I had a real bad chatter and spent the race trying not to come out and take other cars with me.
    If we had a concourse it would be split between Kjel and the Elvins as they both brought out some great looking cars.

SCX NASCAR

David.......137......6.429......blue
    Kevin.......134......6.417......green
    Bret........132......6.859......red
    Alan........129......6.590......white
    Troy........126......6.917......white
    Cody.......120......7.030......white
    Tim.........115......6.808......green
    Jeff.........103......7.468......orange
    Kjel.........92........7.031......orange

This was run crash dash burn. Two minute heats with crashed cars back on after one minute.
    I got lucky in the first heat with some crashes that let me get away but if it had been longer heats I would have moved down and the field was coming back strong.
    Kevin once again got his controller dialed in and raced hard to catch the leader.
    Same with Brett using a bad back up car of mine.
    Alan was gaining on the field after one of those big ones.
    Troy had his usual fast form in this race. With more time on the track with these cars he can pull off a win.
    Cody was driving hard and again smiling the whole time.
    Tim was getting caught in the wrecks as was Jeff.
    Kjel had a car that needed some corrections on a straight out of the box car. This car will be much much better next time.

As I said up the post I want to get these cars on the track for a longer race as the field will be able to settle down and move up and down as the race goes on.
    In the big scheme of things when the plastic track goes back up I would like to move these over for some real left turn only racing with no brakes.

BRM IROC

Kevin......351......6101....red car
    Paul.......349......5.269...white car this smashes the current track record and shows what 50 years of slots can do.
    Brett......346......6.149...yellow car
    Alan.......344......6.148...red car
    David......340.....6.152...blue car
    Kjel.........336.....6.261...blue car
    Cody.......297.....6.480...blue car

This race was a ton of fun. I don't have much a race report as I started in the black lane with a looooooooose car had one little off and spent the rest of the race hearing how great this car and that car was. By the time I got to those "great" cars the motors were hot and the tires dirty, at least thats my story and I am sticking to it!
    Thanks Alan for putting these fun cars on the track.

For anybody wanting to try these cars out this is a great way to see what they can do under race conditions.

Come out and try a new philosophy in 1/24th model car racing.
    Last edited by daisyslots; 02-27-2009, 09:24 AM. Reason: There ya go Kevin!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• daisyslots
    replied
    Tim we are racing this Sunday the 22nd. I'll get Alan to open up noonish and try and get racing started at 2pm.

At first this will be once a month but might go twice a month if there is enough support.

Glad to have you two this could be a lot of fun.

Read over the rules make sure chassis is good to go and if not bring'em anyway.

Leave a comment:

• elvinator
    replied
    Hi David,

When is the first race? I've got a couple cars ready, just need the motors.

Sounds like fun and I don't work on Sundays!

tim

Leave a comment:

• daisyslots
    replied
    Paul at www.132slotcar.us has assembled all the parts necessary minus the body and decals needed for the 1/24th hardbody class on one page.

Did some testing tonight after the Saturday afternoon program and had cars running around 6.2-6.5 just about perfect for NASCAR on the Windsor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X